Singapore Expats

Regarding S Pass

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Lim Hwee

Regarding S Pass

Post by Lim Hwee » Tue, 05 Sep 2017 9:56 am

Dear All, I would like seek your advise regarding the pending status of my s pass application. I have been working in SG for almost 5 years with a same employer. Recently I found a new job and my new employer applied for an S pass on 22nd of August. My application status till today shows as pending. One of my friends application took only about 6 days for the approval, however, mine is going beyond 10 days for the outcome. So may I seek anyones advise to know long does it take to get the result? Thank you so much.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Regarding S Pass

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 05 Sep 2017 11:29 am

3 days to a month or more. They are vetting both new S pass holders and old S pass holders with much more scrutiny than they did in the earlier years. We also have had the same problem. We have 4 companies and occasionally we need to move a S pass holder to a new company so as not to lose a good employee due to quota problems - it's hard to keep local staff so it messes with our quotas. As all of our companies are independent Pte Ltds and not subsidiaries, they have to be vetted and we have actually lost a few in the past two years due to the more stringent vetting. Those who qualified previously may not qualify under the new, more stringent criteria. So, in answer to your question....

How long is a piece of string? :-k
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bestsocialmedia

Post by bestsocialmedia » Fri, 08 Sep 2017 9:08 pm

sounds normal, lately some applicant been delayed, just be patient, hope you will get yours soon.

Mummypoko

Post by Mummypoko » Sat, 23 Dec 2017 9:44 am

Hello~

Wanted to ask about s pass quota, wonder if anyone could explain. We are a 'service sector' company currently having 5 local employees... and intend to get an S pass holder. When we use the quota calculator on MOM website, we punch in 5 local employees, it shows no s pass balance but when we punch in 1 s pass holder, it says it's within quota? ... I'm confused... are we eligible for 1 S pass holder given that we have 5 local employees?

Thanks in advance...

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 24 Dec 2017 6:45 pm

In theory only. That calculator is based on a fixed company staffing at a fixed point in time. But in reality, the quotas are based on a three month running average of a company's staff. You may have had, for example only, 5 staff throughout, but at one point one left and you hired a replacement the next day. Assuming that neither of these events happened on the last day & first day of the month, then both employees for that month will have incomplete months so it's possible that you available quota for that point in this is zero if they deem only 4 full time employees. that could hamstring you for a total of 3 months unless you upped it to 6 employee to off set the month with only 4 full time. It's tricky and your contracts should always include the clause that the contract validity is wholly contingent on the ability to get an employment pass for the employee.

Unless the staff number average it 5 (or above) you may qualify, 4.99 will fly. All you can do is tell the potential employee the straight skinny and try.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

marketer

Post by marketer » Wed, 31 Jan 2018 5:49 pm

The S Pass allows mid-level skilled staff to work in Singapore. Candidates need to earn at least $2,200 a month and have the relevant qualifications and work experience. Key facts. Overview and key facts about the S Pass, including who it is for, validity and pass map.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 31 Jan 2018 9:37 pm

Hey Marketer, is this your way of getting post count before you start advertising in your signature? Your answer was purely a cut and paste from the MOM website.

"Key facts. Overview and key facts about the S Pass, including who it is for, validity and pass map."

says absolutely Jack Schitte about what was asked. Surely you bothered to read before you cut and pasted? Nah, I didn't think so.

tic...toc...tic....