Singapore Expats

ICA PR application eappointment strange phenomena

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
keenlui79

ICA PR application eappointment strange phenomena

Post by keenlui79 » Sun, 03 Sep 2017 1:29 pm

Hi all,

Newbie or rookie here. I am a Malaysian, I am trying to apply for PR in Singapore after working for 18 months. Wifey and 2 yo boy also relocated to Singapore. 1 EP + 2 DP holder now. I have read from this forum and other websites and tried to get an appointment with ICA eappointment app or webpage.

In early days, we have been seeing the appointment slots will be available 6 months away. But since Aug 2017, the appointment is fully booked till 19th Nov 2017. From 20th Nov 2017 onwards, all the slots are shown as "Dates not Released/Available for Booking". All the way till 2019.

Is it now the appointment slots released batch by batch? When will the slots being released or available for booking? I have been checking daily and early in the morning 6am or midnight 12am, but no luck to find an available slot.

Hope someone can throw some light here.......

Thanks all.

Adamly2006

Re: ICA PR application eappointment strange phenomena

Post by Adamly2006 » Sun, 03 Sep 2017 1:37 pm

Just submit your application online and you will directed to the appointment booking page. 6 months away is quite normal. 18 months is really short actually. Very very few cases are heard they PR be granted to those staying less than 2 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keenlui79

Post by keenlui79 » Sun, 03 Sep 2017 1:46 pm

Thanks Adam, but I do not find the page for online submission.

ICA website stated:

Permanent residence application submission is by appointment only if you are a/an:

Spouse of a SC or PR, or child of a SC or PR who is unmarried and aged under 21
Aged parent of a SC
Holder of an Employment Pass or S Pass

You can make an appointment via e-Appointment. On the date of your appointment, you will need to submit your completed application form and all required documents at:

Permanent Resident Services Centre
ICA Building
10 Kallang Road, Level 5 (next to Lavender MRT station)
Singapore 208718

Adamly2006

Post by Adamly2006 » Sun, 03 Sep 2017 1:54 pm

Yes, you are right. I confused my citizenship application with the PR application. Then, you just keep refreshing the appointment page

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 03 Sep 2017 10:09 pm

Adamly2006 wrote:Yes, you are right. I confused my citizenship application with the PR application. Then, you just keep refreshing the appointment page

Try to check early morning hours to fill in cancellations.

I believe ICA is throttling The slots to reduce the applications, and they do hold slots for "other" applicants.

These too get released on a daily basis I guess.

keenlui79

Post by keenlui79 » Sun, 03 Sep 2017 10:51 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Adamly2006 wrote:Yes, you are right. I confused my citizenship application with the PR application. Then, you just keep refreshing the appointment page

I believe ICA is throttling The slots to reduce the applications, and they do hold slots for "other" applicants.

Well, that is what suspecting as well. Seems like no other way but to keep on refreshing daily and early morning.

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Mon, 04 Sep 2017 7:06 am

Sometimes they do release additional slots.
Sometime last February, I looked into the e-appointment and found multiple slots from a few days away up to 6 months away. I booked a slot that was a month away. Just keep looking at e-appointments and you might get lucky.

keenlui79

Post by keenlui79 » Mon, 04 Sep 2017 2:18 pm

ecureilx wrote:

Happily today finally book an appointment. Hand itchy checking every 2 hours since today morning 6am.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 04 Sep 2017 4:23 pm

keenlui79 wrote: Happily today finally book an appointment. Hand itchy checking every 2 hours since today morning 6am.
You just proved a wild theory of mine.

Just kidding.

Good luck on your submission

cittakaro

Post by cittakaro » Wed, 06 Sep 2017 11:16 am

keenlui79 wrote:Hi all,

Newbie or rookie here. I am a Malaysian, I am trying to apply for PR in Singapore after working for 18 months. Wifey and 2 yo boy also relocated to Singapore. 1 EP + 2 DP holder now. I have read from this forum and other websites and tried to get an appointment with ICA eappointment app or webpage.

In early days, we have been seeing the appointment slots will be available 6 months away. But since Aug 2017, the appointment is fully booked till 19th Nov 2017. From 20th Nov 2017 onwards, all the slots are shown as "Dates not Released/Available for Booking". All the way till 2019.

Is it now the appointment slots released batch by batch? When will the slots being released or available for booking? I have been checking daily and early in the morning 6am or midnight 12am, but no luck to find an available slot.

Hope someone can throw some light here.......

Thanks all.
The slots are released on daily basis. Try to look on the portal between 12.30 - 1.00 am. They also open canceled slot. I got my slot for the next week appointment.

Good luck.

lambemusuwek

Post by lambemusuwek » Thu, 14 Sep 2017 6:30 pm

Just check it every single day. From what I know, it seems like they released another 1 or 2 months slot every 2 months. The moment it gets released, there'll be just a couple days of empty slots. Singapore PR is a very popular deal.
Don't even try to think, just book when you see green.

NAVEENMRBLUE

Post by NAVEENMRBLUE » Sun, 07 Jan 2018 11:25 am

Hi guys,

I am doing my PR application. I am almost done with it. but am stuck with this point.

IRAS consent form to give consent for ICA to obtain and verify financial information provided in respect of this
application with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore directly;

i cant find any information online to prepare this document. please help me out.
and IRAS doesn't give any advice on it.

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Sun, 07 Jan 2018 4:58 pm

The forms used to be easily found in the all forms section of the ica site but i could not find it now too. These changes is probably due to the new online application procedure for PRs.

pianogal

Post by pianogal » Sun, 07 Jan 2018 4:59 pm

bro75 wrote:The forms used to be easily found in the all forms section of the ica site but i could not find it now too. These changes is probably due to the new online application procedure for PRs.
This form will be available when you login to ePR system.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

NAVEENMRBLUE

Post by NAVEENMRBLUE » Mon, 08 Jan 2018 2:58 pm

That’s great. Thanks.
So I can download, when I get into ePR page ?