Singapore Expats

Any Eagles up for a gathering in October?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Any Eagles up for a gathering in October?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 17 Oct 2017 3:00 pm

I tried tapatalk 2 times, deleted the stupid app 2 times as well. I don't like it, and refuse to use it. If I don't have somebody's contact via phone or Whatsapp, fergeddit. Of course, with my new phone, the real estate is almost big enough that I can use a browser (almost) as long as I'm sitting down somewhere. Impossible to Moderate easily with it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 17 Oct 2017 4:50 pm

If not that guy:
ScoobyDoes wrote:
who actually didn't confirm he was joining, I would end up there alone. Thanks man and thanks for your company.

As much as I understand some reasons I think there should be a mechanism to pass the message. Myself, I have more misses than hits but if I say I am coming and it happens I am not, I post the info in the thread. Better to do it 2h later, than next day.
It was really bizarre situation. I even checked the place next door.

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Thu, 19 Oct 2017 9:35 am

I don't have the phone numbers of anybody on this board but because SMS and I are connected on on Facebook I was able to contact him using the messenger app. Would it be worthwhile setting up an Eagles FB Private Group?
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Thu, 19 Oct 2017 12:29 pm

Oh that's a shame. I had every intention of joining but had a last minute message that said "corrupt files" and "deadline" so spent my night recreating word files to help out a friend. I assumed i wouldn't be missed. :(

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Fri, 20 Oct 2017 3:26 pm

Addadude wrote:Would it be worthwhile setting up an Eagles FB Private Group?
Sorry, don't understand reference to "FB" or where to get such a thing as a "Private Group", but it sounds expensive?

x9200 wrote:Thanks man and thanks for your company.
Likewise.
'When Lewis Hamilton wins a race he has to thank Vodafone whereas in my day I used to chase the crumpet. I know which era I'd rather race in.'

SIR Stirling Moss OBE

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Fri, 20 Oct 2017 4:01 pm

ScoobyDoes wrote:
Sorry, don't understand reference to "FB" or where to get such a thing as a "Private Group", but it sounds expensive?
FB = Facebook. Private Group is simply a Facebook Group that's set to "private" meaning only the group admin(s) can permit membership and nobody outside the group can see what's posted.

However, it would mean revealing our 'secret identities' to each other...
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 20 Oct 2017 5:38 pm

Addadude wrote:
ScoobyDoes wrote:
FB = Facebook. Private Group is simply a Facebook Group that's set to "private" meaning only the group admin(s) can permit membership and nobody outside the group can see what's posted.

:o
Life is short, paddle harder!!

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 20 Oct 2017 6:38 pm

Barnsley wrote:
Addadude wrote:
ScoobyDoes wrote:

:o
afraid everyone will find out about your crossdresser pics ?
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 20 Oct 2017 8:44 pm

:shock: :-"
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Sat, 21 Oct 2017 5:55 pm

Addadude wrote:FB = Facebook. Private Group is simply a Facebook Group that's set to "private" meaning only the group admin(s) can permit membership and nobody outside the group can see what's posted.

Slight "Whooosh" moment there, i see.

Partly the whole reason I never signed up to FaceBook from day one. I see the way it can track me around and I don't even have an account so I see worse how it tracks my wife who does.

No-thank-you!

I've resisted it long enough I actually got younger.
'When Lewis Hamilton wins a race he has to thank Vodafone whereas in my day I used to chase the crumpet. I know which era I'd rather race in.'

SIR Stirling Moss OBE

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 21 Oct 2017 9:33 pm

ScoobyDoes wrote:
Addadude wrote:FB = Facebook. Private Group is simply a Facebook Group that's set to "private" meaning only the group admin(s) can permit membership and nobody outside the group can see what's posted.

Slight "Whooosh" moment there, i see.

Partly the whole reason I never signed up to FaceBook from day one. I see the way it can track me around and I don't even have an account so I see worse how it tracks my wife who does.

No-thank-you!

I've resisted it long enough I actually got younger.
Tracked?

You mean stalked?

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 21 Nov 2017 9:25 am

I'm sorry to hear about the poor turn-out for the last gathering. As they used to say in my school reports... Must try harder next time ;-).

Just wanted to mention that I've rearranged my trip for January, so I'm hoping we can arrange an Eagles meet-up for Friday 19th Jan. Put it in your calendars folks - hope to see lots of you then!
Be careful what you wish for

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 21 Nov 2017 5:47 pm

It's good for me! :mrgreen: at least at the moment. I'll try not to injure myself in the meantime. Timing's bad though - Again, The Lynx will be coming back in Feb!