Singapore Expats

Any Eagles up for a gathering in October?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: Any Eagles up for a gathering in October?

Post by bgd » Fri, 29 Sep 2017 10:22 am

Are we talking about this place?

http://beerfest-sg.com/en/contacts

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Fri, 29 Sep 2017 11:50 am

I have been away so long that you guys leave e out of these things?

I probably can't make it to be honest, although, I want to come to one soon.

nut
nutnut

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 29 Sep 2017 1:44 pm

Hey stranger!

We've not really been doing the PM invite for some time now. Usually just post it on the board and those who follow and are in town whack into the thread. Now the only invites we do to a potential new eagle. Old ones are always welcome! Shame you can't make it, though. :(
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bxagw

Post by bxagw » Fri, 06 Oct 2017 10:24 pm

bgd wrote:Are we talking about this place?

http://beerfest-sg.com/en/contacts
Hi everybody! Is this the place? Confirm or not? I think I can dropby for a drink or two.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 07 Oct 2017 12:34 pm

We had 4 ayes in a row and nary a nay so I think that might be the place. Now, if I can only make it! :cry: Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last Saturday I was helping the RC setup for the Mid-Autumn Festival on our hood basketball court and were setting up 32 banquets tables. At some point I twisted my ankle (I thought) but cursed and continued to work till we finished. :oops!:

By that time, it was starting to hurt big time so I apologized and said I didn't think I would be able to attend the festivities later that evening. Couldn't walk but figured stay off of it till Sunday morning. When I woke up it was even worse and couldn't walk at all. :shit:

Went to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital and after xrays and painful poking and prodding of my foot/ankle, I have a very healthy sprain. I've been on crutches ever since (5 days MC ran out on Thursday). Starting to feel a little better, but I'm still using the crutches. Hopefully I'll be in good enough condition to imbibe a few next Friday without having to worry if I'm going to crash the hard way.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sat, 07 Oct 2017 4:38 pm

Hi folks, sorry to say that my father passed away yesterday so I've had to cancel the trip to Singapore while we organise the funeral, etc. I'm hoping to be able to come over around the January timeframe instead, so maybe we can organise another Eagles meetup then. In the meantime, I trust you will still gather at Beerfest next Friday and perhaps you would be so kind as to raise a glass to the old man, 'Mi Amigo Senior'.
Be careful what you wish for

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 07 Oct 2017 5:40 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:Hi folks, sorry to say that my father passed away yesterday so I've had to cancel the trip to Singapore while we organise the funeral, etc. I'm hoping to be able to come over around the January timeframe instead, so maybe we can organise another Eagles meetup then. In the meantime, I trust you will still gather at Beerfest next Friday and perhaps you would be so kind as to raise a glass to the old man, 'Mi Amigo Senior'.
Condolences Mi Amigo

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sat, 07 Oct 2017 8:02 pm

Many thanks Mr. Squirrel, I appreciate it.

SMS, sorry to hear about your mishap, take care and get better quickly!
Be careful what you wish for

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 07 Oct 2017 8:44 pm

My condolences, mate. I hope he passed surrounded by those he loved and it was relatively painless. When my dad died 3 years ago, he went in his sleep but was numb from morphine so he didn't feel the cancer in his last days. Take care my friend and keep us posted when it looks like you will be heading this way.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 07 Oct 2017 9:48 pm

My condolences Mi Amigo. We will raise the glasses to him for sure. My father passed 4y ago and I felt lucky I managed to talk to him just the very day before. Take care of yourself and your family.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 07 Oct 2017 10:04 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:We had 4 ayes in a row and nary a nay so I think that might be the place. Now, if I can only make it! :cry: Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last Saturday I was helping the RC setup for the Mid-Autumn Festival on our hood basketball court and were setting up 32 banquets tables. At some point I twisted my ankle (I thought) but cursed and continued to work till we finished. :oops!:

By that time, it was starting to hurt big time so I apologized and said I didn't think I would be able to attend the festivities later that evening. Couldn't walk but figured stay off of it till Sunday morning. When I woke up it was even worse and couldn't walk at all. :shit:

Went to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital and after xrays and painful poking and prodding of my foot/ankle, I have a very healthy sprain. I've been on crutches ever since (5 days MC ran out on Thursday). Starting to feel a little better, but I'm still using the crutches. Hopefully I'll be in good enough condition to imbibe a few next Friday without having to worry if I'm going to crash the hard way.
I would be more concerned if you had a throat infection. For the ankle, no painkillers = no excuse! You won't crash, you are the one who appear (note the proper semantic use of this word) most sober at the gatherings,

PS. If you are going directly from work and don't mind being a bit late, I can pick you up around 7:30-7:50pm from your work place.

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Mon, 09 Oct 2017 10:42 am

My condolences Mi Amigo. I lost my mum more than 4 years ago and my dad back in 2006 and I still think about them every day.

SMS - even if your ankle is feeling better, the crutches might come in handy on Friday evening...

See you guys there and a toast to Sr Amigo!
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 09 Oct 2017 11:36 am

Please accept my condolences Mi Amigo!
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Mon, 09 Oct 2017 1:07 pm

I think the automatic hypertexting on this site needs to be a little more sensitive...
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 09 Oct 2017 1:14 pm

I plan to be at the gathering. My sympathies to you Mi Amigo.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!