Singapore Expats

Job in Big 4 (KPMG, E&Y ...)

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Ekaterina.Ov

Job in Big 4 (KPMG, E&Y ...)

Post by Ekaterina.Ov » Wed, 30 Aug 2017 11:26 am

Hi All!

I'd like to know some opinion about my opportunities here in Singapore.
I'm Russian (DP here) with more then 2.5 years experience in Accounting and Audit (BDO Russia), also work here as Accountant in a small firm. I'm not satisfied working in my current company :cry: ( it's salary, relations with colleagues and etc.) and I don't see any possible career growth in that company. So, I want to try to apply for Audit positions in Big 4 (like internship). I'd like to know what my chances are with it?
So, does anybody has same experience with starting career here in Big 4 as expat?
Thanks in advance for your help.

archkc

Re: Job in Big 4 (KPMG, E&Y ...)

Post by archkc » Wed, 30 Aug 2017 4:43 pm

I am a foreigner who works in a Big4, been here for close to 8 years. All 4 constantly recruit other nationalities without any visa issues. They maintain a strong local: foreigner ratio. So, if you are keen - find someone who works in Audit, preferably within your domain on Linkedin and ask them if they can help with a referral. Else, someone who works in Audit at least in the capacity of a manager or above.

Of course, you can just go to the careers site and apply to, but I would think they receive several resumes a day so chances to be missed are high.