Singapore Expats

Am I in trouble?

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
makanochi

Am I in trouble?

Post by makanochi » Wed, 30 Aug 2017 3:18 am

Last august 20, i was about to depart from singapore to the philippines. After i check-in and got my boarding pass, i go straight for the immigration. But when i got there, someone directed me to go to rhe left lane where it says 'singaporean residence' or something like that, wherein only computers/machine were there. I only have to swipe my passport and press my thumb for the fingerprint and i'm done. Then i pass the immigration without problem(or i do have a problem?) Because i was able to leave the country without my passport having any stamp saying i was departing that day. I feel like i didn't really pass the immigration. I only noticed it when i was about to board the plane and i can't go back anymore because the plane was already boarding passengers and i don't want to be a nuisance to others. Now i don't know what to do. I may be coming back to Singapore for work in the coming months and i don't want to feel troubled before i go back there.

Please help. Thank you for the upcoming responses.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Am I in trouble?

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 30 Aug 2017 7:02 am

makanochi wrote:Last august 20, i was about to depart from singapore to the philippines. After i check-in and got my boarding pass, i go straight for the immigration. But when i got there, someone directed me to go to rhe left lane where it says 'singaporean residence' or something like that, wherein only computers/machine were there. I only have to swipe my passport and press my thumb for the fingerprint and i'm done. Then i pass the immigration without problem(or i do have a problem?) Because i was able to leave the country without my passport having any stamp saying i was departing that day. I feel like i didn't really pass the immigration. I only noticed it when i was about to board the plane and i can't go back anymore because the plane was already boarding passengers and i don't want to be a nuisance to others. Now i don't know what to do. I may be coming back to Singapore for work in the coming months and i don't want to feel troubled before i go back there.

What was your pass in Singapore?

Obviously if you scanned your finger and the gate opened, ICA knows you left Singapore..

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Wed, 30 Aug 2017 9:02 am

That is the ICA automated clearance system. If you are a PR,DP,Work Pass (EP,SPAss, work permit) holder, or on LTVP, you can use these lanes to enter or exit Singapore immigration. You must have your fingerprints enrolled in the past. I believe you are OK because these lanes will flag you if the entry or exit is improper.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 30 Aug 2017 10:00 am

As I recall, all of the automated lines also have automatic gates that will only open if you have successfully had your passport read by the machines. If it doesn't work, a customs agent usually comes over to see what is the matter. I'd say you are good to go.

jesskoh

Post by jesskoh » Wed, 30 Aug 2017 11:54 am

Ya I don't think you are in any trouble at all. It is just a automated gate clearance system in Singapore.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 30 Aug 2017 5:38 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:As I recall, all of the automated lines also have automatic gates that will only open if you have successfully had your passport read by the machines. If it doesn't work, a customs agent usually comes over to see what is the matter. I'd say you are good to go.
Passport and finger print must be read and approved by the "machine" Image

jesskoh

Post by jesskoh » Wed, 30 Aug 2017 7:39 pm

Haha specifics specifics haha

maneo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by maneo » Wed, 30 Aug 2017 7:46 pm

makanochi wrote:Last august 20, i was about to depart from singapore to the philippines. After i check-in and got my boarding pass, i go straight for the immigration. But when i got there, someone directed me to go to rhe left lane where it says 'singaporean residence' or something like that, wherein only computers/machine were there. I only have to swipe my passport and press my thumb for the fingerprint and i'm done. Then i pass the immigration without problem(or i do have a problem?) Because i was able to leave the country without my passport having any stamp saying i was departing that day. I feel like i didn't really pass the immigration. I only noticed it when i was about to board the plane and i can't go back anymore because the plane was already boarding passengers and i don't want to be a nuisance to others. Now i don't know what to do. I may be coming back to Singapore for work in the coming months and i don't want to feel troubled before i go back there.

Since the system is set-up to recognise you, you should be able to go through the same kind of line coming back in.
It really is so much faster.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 30 Aug 2017 7:55 pm

maneo wrote: Since the system is set-up to recognise you, you should be able to go through the same kind of line coming back in.
Shouldn't work for coming in unless the person holds some residency in Singapore.

maneo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by maneo » Wed, 30 Aug 2017 8:42 pm

ecureilx wrote:
maneo wrote: Since the system is set-up to recognise you, you should be able to go through the same kind of line coming back in.
Shouldn't work for coming in unless the person holds some residency in Singapore.
As noted above, I believe the system was expanded to include other various pass holders (DP, EP, SP, WP).
bro75 wrote:That is the ICA automated clearance system. If you are a PR,DP,Work Pass (EP,SPAss, work permit) holder, or on LTVP, you can use these lanes to enter or exit Singapore immigration. You must have your fingerprints enrolled in the past. I believe you are OK because these lanes will flag you if the entry or exit is improper.
https://www.ica.gov.sg/#/enteranddepart ... lers_eiacs

jesskoh

Post by jesskoh » Wed, 30 Aug 2017 8:55 pm

If you are coming in the first time there will be no fingerprint registered in the system which means that it won't work

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 30 Aug 2017 9:09 pm

jesskoh wrote:If you are coming in the first time there will be no fingerprint registered in the system which means that it won't work

Ah? So tourists can swipe by now?

As long as the finger print is registered before...

jesskoh

Post by jesskoh » Wed, 30 Aug 2017 9:25 pm

Yupz that is what I heard.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 30 Aug 2017 9:29 pm

ecureilx wrote:
jesskoh wrote:If you are coming in the first time there will be no fingerprint registered in the system which means that it won't work

Ah? So tourists can swipe by now?
That will be good for those doing visa runs! :mrgreen: :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jesskoh

Post by jesskoh » Wed, 30 Aug 2017 9:36 pm

My apologies after checking with a reliable source

No

Arrival have to go manual counter whereby the officer will capture the fingerprint

For departure can use automated lane because arrival already captured the fingerprint .

Return to “Strictly Speaking”