Singapore Expats Forum

MAX limit for cash deposit into bank account?

Discuss the different banking options, rates, offers and perks.
User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9513
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: MAX limit for cash deposit into bank account?

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 02 Sep 2017 2:07 pm

Wd40 wrote:I have withdrawn 500K HKD from DBS multicurrency account and took it to money changer and converted it to 80k SGD and then deposited those 80K SGD into DBS multicurrency account.

In this entire process the only document I was asked is my IC by the money changer. This was 3 years ago though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
The biggest I withdrew was for a company boss from his Premier Vantage account..

250k, do you want it in 1000 or smaller.

Just verification of my IC and that was it

Then again it's the same Singapore some guy robbed a bank with just a paper slip asking money

jesskoh
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue, 29 Aug 2017

Re: MAX limit for cash deposit into bank account?

Postby jesskoh » Sun, 03 Sep 2017 12:07 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Wd40 wrote:I have withdrawn 500K HKD from DBS multicurrency account and took it to money changer and converted it to 80k SGD and then deposited those 80K SGD into DBS multicurrency account.

In this entire process the only document I was asked is my IC by the money changer. This was 3 years ago though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
The biggest I withdrew was for a company boss from his Premier Vantage account..

250k, do you want it in 1000 or smaller.

Just verification of my IC and that was it

Then again it's the same Singapore some guy robbed a bank with just a paper slip asking money

Hahahahaha. Why did you not request for a Bank Draft?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9513
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: MAX limit for cash deposit into bank account?

Postby ecureilx » Sun, 03 Sep 2017 6:27 pm

jesskoh wrote:Hahahahaha. Why did you not request for a Bank Draft?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk


Lost there.

What will I do with a bank draft?

jesskoh
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue, 29 Aug 2017

Re: MAX limit for cash deposit into bank account?

Postby jesskoh » Mon, 04 Sep 2017 5:37 pm

Deposit into another bank?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9513
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: MAX limit for cash deposit into bank account?

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 04 Sep 2017 5:46 pm

jesskoh wrote:Deposit into another bank?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
You are confusing me a lot

Drafts still need clearance time.

Cash no problem

If I had to get a draft why wouldn't I get a check from the account holder?

Or get him to TT

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3797
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Re: MAX limit for cash deposit into bank account?

Postby Wd40 » Mon, 04 Sep 2017 5:54 pm

ecureilx wrote:
jesskoh wrote:Deposit into another bank?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
You are confusing me a lot

Drafts still need clearance time.

Cash no problem

If I had to get a draft why wouldn't I get a check from the account holder?

Or get him to TT
I think he is just doing time pass.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9513
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: MAX limit for cash deposit into bank account?

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 04 Sep 2017 6:01 pm

Wd40 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
jesskoh wrote:Deposit into another bank?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
You are confusing me a lot

Drafts still need clearance time.

Cash no problem

If I had to get a draft why wouldn't I get a check from the account holder?

Or get him to TT
I think he is just doing time pass.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
She!!

jesskoh
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue, 29 Aug 2017

Re: MAX limit for cash deposit into bank account?

Postby jesskoh » Mon, 04 Sep 2017 7:29 pm

Bank Draft is easier to clear if source of funds are needed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9513
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: MAX limit for cash deposit into bank account?

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 04 Sep 2017 11:14 pm

jesskoh wrote:Bank Draft is easier to clear if source of funds are needed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
You are not helping nobody other than build posts for yourself

And you miss the whole point in my post.

Night.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Credit Card & Banking in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests