Singapore Expats Forum

How long should i stay away from singapore.

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
Weerish
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 24 Aug 2017

How long should i stay away from singapore.

Postby Weerish » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 6:48 am

Hi there guys.. I just want to know, i am on 30days visit pass and will expired on tuesday 29th august. Unfortunately, i tried applying online voa eXTend, but it was rejected. I wanted to appeal but i dont know any locals here in SG.now,I am planning to have some tour in indonesia let say for one week..and enter again singapore, but i dont have any idea if how many days before i can go back here. Do you think this will work? I mean i dont like to try to appeal, to contact some local and try to let the ICA see that we knew each other, then finding out that im just lying.. I want to extend my stay here in singapore, any advice...

Sent from my HUAWEI LUA-L21 using Tapatalk

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9506
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: How long should i stay away from singapore.

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 8:14 am

Weerish wrote:Hi there guys.. I just want to know, i am on 30days visit pass and will expired on tuesday 29th august. Unfortunately, i tried applying online voa eXTend, but it was rejected. I wanted to appeal but i dont know any locals here in SG.now,I am planning to have some tour in indonesia let say for one week..and enter again singapore, but i dont have any idea if how many days before i can go back here. Do you think this will work? I mean i dont like to try to appeal, to contact some local and try to let the ICA see that we knew each other, then finding out that im just lying.. I want to extend my stay here in singapore, any advice...

Sent from my HUAWEI LUA-L21 using Tapatalk
Which country are you from? That will decide how long it's recommended for you to be away before returning.

If extend didn't work, try to fly home and return, that's the safest.

No appeals are entertained unless you have very valid reasons.

Weerish
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 24 Aug 2017

Re: How long should i stay away from singapore.

Postby Weerish » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 9:08 am

I am from philippines. I am on vacay, and i dont like to return to philippines to be honest, is there anyway i mean any country which i can spent time before returning here in singapore?

Sent from my HUAWEI LUA-L21 using Tapatalk

PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4895
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013

Re: How long should i stay away from singapore.

Postby PNGMK » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 9:24 am

Weerish wrote:I am from philippines. I am on vacay, and i dont like to return to philippines to be honest, is there anyway i mean any country which i can spent time before returning here in singapore?

Sent from my HUAWEI LUA-L21 using Tapatalk


No. Your countrymen have a reputation for overstaying and every country in the region will be watching for visa runs.
I have gay, black, Asian friends and then JR8.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9506
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: How long should i stay away from singapore.

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 9:38 am

Weerish wrote:I am from philippines. I am on vacay, and i dont like to return to philippines to be honest, is there anyway i mean any country which i can spent time before returning here in singapore?

Sent from my HUAWEI LUA-L21 using Tapatalk
Go to Philippines and come back

Especially if you are a female.

PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4895
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013

Re: How long should i stay away from singapore.

Postby PNGMK » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 10:18 am

ecureilx wrote:
Weerish wrote:I am from philippines. I am on vacay, and i dont like to return to philippines to be honest, is there anyway i mean any country which i can spent time before returning here in singapore?

Sent from my HUAWEI LUA-L21 using Tapatalk
Go to Philippines and come back

Especially if you are a female.


Agreed but even then OP needs to be in the PI for some time before returning.
I have gay, black, Asian friends and then JR8.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9506
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: How long should i stay away from singapore.

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 11:39 am

PNGMK wrote:Agreed but even then OP needs to be in the PI for some time before returning.


So is it a he or she?

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9244
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: How long should i stay away from singapore.

Postby x9200 » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 11:49 am

She (80% confidence).

Weerish
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 24 Aug 2017

Re: How long should i stay away from singapore.

Postby Weerish » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 11:57 am

She :) thankyou for the reply guys..

Sent from my HUAWEI LUA-L21 using Tapatalk

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9506
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: How long should i stay away from singapore.

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 2:07 pm

Weerish wrote:She :) thankyou for the reply guys..

Sent from my HUAWEI LUA-L21 using Tapatalk
More better if you stay in PH longer before returning.

I do understand how silly your immigration is, happy when they deny exit permission to their own citizens but risking Singapore immigration is not a good idea.

I thought BI would have gotten better with the new president... Alas seems no


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Strictly Speaking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests