Singapore Expats

Delay in Returning EP Card, Am I BlackListed by MOM?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
The Spartan Guy

Delay in Returning EP Card, Am I BlackListed by MOM?

Post by The Spartan Guy » Fri, 25 Aug 2017 11:58 pm

I am changing employer after ending a contract position. The old company HR just sent an email on my last date asking to return the EP card within a week to the MOM office. But because of some reasons (myself being somewhat forgetful, she going to leave before she told me etc.) I did not get a chance to do it. Then she sent an email saying MOM enquired about the cancelled card. I apologised and dropped the card right away at MOM, in person.

I know, it was my mistake. But is it so serious that can affect the EP application with my new employer (already have a couple of job offers at hand)? Is there anything I should/need to do to rectify the situation?
Last edited by The Spartan Guy on Sat, 26 Aug 2017 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Small Delay in Returning EP Card, Am I BlackListed by MOM?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 12:26 am

Nah. Don't worry about it. Happens all the time. Usually most just leave the card with the employer after getting the exit paperwork from MOM EPOnline.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers