Singapore Expats Forum

Delay in Returning EP Card, Am I BlackListed by MOM?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

The Spartan Guy

Delay in Returning EP Card, Am I BlackListed by MOM?

Postby The Spartan Guy » Fri, 25 Aug 2017 11:58 pm

I am changing employer after ending a contract position. The old company HR just sent an email on my last date asking to return the EP card within a week to the MOM office. But because of some reasons (myself being somewhat forgetful, she going to leave before she told me etc.) I did not get a chance to do it. Then she sent an email saying MOM enquired about the cancelled card. I apologised and dropped the card right away at MOM, in person.

I know, it was my mistake. But is it so serious that can affect the EP application with my new employer (already have a couple of job offers at hand)? Is there anything I should/need to do to rectify the situation?
Last edited by The Spartan Guy on Sat, 26 Aug 2017 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Small Delay in Returning EP Card, Am I BlackListed by MOM?

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 12:26 am

Nah. Don't worry about it. Happens all the time. Usually most just leave the card with the employer after getting the exit paperwork from MOM EPOnline.