Singapore Expats Forum

PR Application

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

ronebbay
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun, 26 Feb 2017

PR Application

Postby ronebbay » Fri, 25 Aug 2017 11:11 pm

hello!

Wanna get a quick advise on my application as i am getting ready to submit next week.

My application has been rejected more than 5 times since 2009.

I have made a lot of progress since i got here and now i am running my company with a local parter in marine industry, providing marine inspection services. We have employed mostly locals for the jobs.

personal background:

country of birth : Pakistan
Qualification: MBA - Finance
current salary: 10K excluding bonus
participating in voluntary work
My Fiancee is Singaporean Chinese

I really wanna give it my best shot and we are planning to get a house and it will make things a lot easier for us and we wont have to look for private property.

Appreciate all the good suggestions, application wise, extra documents etc

Thank you.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34480
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PR Application

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 12:21 am

ronebbay wrote:hello!

Wanna get a quick advise on my application as i am getting ready to submit next week.

My application has been rejected more than 5 times since 2009.

I have made a lot of progress since i got here and now i am running my company with a local parter in marine industry, providing marine inspection services. We have employed mostly locals for the jobs.

personal background:

country of birth : Pakistan
Negative
Qualification: MBA - Finance
Negative unless from the west. (Onsite-not by mail/online) or SG.
current salary: 10K excluding bonus
Positive
participating in voluntary work
Null Factor
My Fiancee is Singaporean Chinese
Null Factor

I really wanna give it my best shot and we are planning to get a house and it will make things a lot easier for us and we wont have to look for private property.

Appreciate all the good suggestions, application wise, extra documents etc

Thank you.


Honestly speaking, if I may, I only see two positives, two negatives and twos of no consequence. I'm guessing your application will look much the same as before, truth be known. I do wish you luck however and would appreciate it if you would keep us informed of the outcome, regardless of the outcome.

ronebbay
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun, 26 Feb 2017

Re: PR Application

Postby ronebbay » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 12:46 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
ronebbay wrote:hello!

Wanna get a quick advise on my application as i am getting ready to submit next week.

My application has been rejected more than 5 times since 2009.

I have made a lot of progress since i got here and now i am running my company with a local parter in marine industry, providing marine inspection services. We have employed mostly locals for the jobs.

personal background:

country of birth : Pakistan
Negative
Qualification: MBA - Finance
Negative unless from the west. (Onsite-not by mail/online) or SG.
current salary: 10K excluding bonus
Positive
participating in voluntary work
Null Factor
My Fiancee is Singaporean Chinese
Null Factor

I really wanna give it my best shot and we are planning to get a house and it will make things a lot easier for us and we wont have to look for private property.

Appreciate all the good suggestions, application wise, extra documents etc

Thank you.


Honestly speaking, if I may, I only see two positives, two negatives and twos of no consequence. I'm guessing your application will look much the same as before, truth be known. I do wish you luck however and would appreciate it if you would keep us informed of the outcome, regardless of the outcome.


Thanks for your reply, i know the odds are not in my favor. Is there anything else i can do to have a better shot at this as my application have been rejected alot of times. Education wise or anything else ?

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9288
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: PR Application

Postby x9200 » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 12:58 pm

Marry her and multiply with male offspring.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9790
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PR Application

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 2:09 pm

x9200 wrote:Marry her and multiply with male offspring.
That's the only way I see unless somebody believes in miracles!!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34480
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PR Application

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 4:15 pm

I just didn't want to say it. But I agree with x92 & squirrel.

ronebbay
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun, 26 Feb 2017

Re: PR Application

Postby ronebbay » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 11:34 pm

x9200 wrote:Marry her and multiply with male offspring.


Thank you, we are getting married next year and planning to become pregnant as well.

hoping its a male offspring :)

appreciate your advice!

ronebbay
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun, 26 Feb 2017

Re: PR Application

Postby ronebbay » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 11:35 pm

ecureilx wrote:
x9200 wrote:Marry her and multiply with male offspring.
That's the only way I see unless somebody believes in miracles!!


Thank you and appreciate your advice!

ronebbay
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun, 26 Feb 2017

Re: PR Application

Postby ronebbay » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 11:38 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I just didn't want to say it. But I agree with x92 & squirrel.


haha, guess thats the last resort. Thank you!

I am still submitting my application since i have taken an appointment and give it a shot. shall keep you guys posted and keep following this forum closely!

have a nice day

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9790
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PR Application

Postby ecureilx » Sun, 27 Aug 2017 12:26 am

ronebbay wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I just didn't want to say it. But I agree with x92 & squirrel.


haha, guess thats the last resort. Thank you!

I am still submitting my application since i have taken an appointment and give it a shot. shall keep you guys posted and keep following this forum closely!

have a nice day
In today's Singapore, it shouldn't be last resort unless you have no plan to marry her ...

In case I missed it, what's your key selling point for ICA ?

As a spouse of SC, you can go after ICA.. Which as a boyfriend you can't

ronebbay
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun, 26 Feb 2017

Re: PR Application

Postby ronebbay » Sun, 27 Aug 2017 10:06 pm

ecureilx wrote:
ronebbay wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I just didn't want to say it. But I agree with x92 & squirrel.


haha, guess thats the last resort. Thank you!

I am still submitting my application since i have taken an appointment and give it a shot. shall keep you guys posted and keep following this forum closely!

have a nice day
In today's Singapore, it shouldn't be last resort unless you have no plan to marry her ...

In case I missed it, what's your key selling point for ICA ?

As a spouse of SC, you can go after ICA.. Which as a boyfriend you can't


I am sorry for the misunderstanding, i do and in fact we are getting ready for next year!

I have my own business, we are in marine inspection industry, providing marine inspection services to both local and overseas clients. We have more than 20 locals in the company and have expanded to a few other countries like Malaysia, Dubai, Indonesia, Greece and more in the pipeline.

point taken, i will be informing ICA of my Marital Status if my application was still under process then or probably the next time :)

Please do leave your comments which are hugely appreciated!

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10574
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: PR Application

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 28 Aug 2017 1:34 am

I really do not understand the thinking of the ICA. You are running a successful business. You are employing locals. Your business extends beyond Singapore, giving it stability. To me, you are exactly what the gahmen ought to be looking for... a skilled businessman building a business that hires locals.

Instead, it seems that if you are Chinese Malaysian with a grade school education, you are the desirable one... Ah Beng's over Pakistani's... makes me wonder what the ICA really thinks a desirable PR is.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9790
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PR Application

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 28 Aug 2017 9:02 am

Strong Eagle wrote:I really do not understand the thinking of the ICA. You are running a successful business. You are employing locals. Your business extends beyond Singapore, giving it stability. To me, you are exactly what the gahmen ought to be looking for... a skilled businessman building a business that hires locals.


The govt is doing the right thing, trying to strike a balance between what's good for the country and what's needed to win the next election :D

ronebbay
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun, 26 Feb 2017

Re: PR Application

Postby ronebbay » Wed, 30 Aug 2017 12:58 am

Strong Eagle wrote:I really do not understand the thinking of the ICA. You are running a successful business. You are employing locals. Your business extends beyond Singapore, giving it stability. To me, you are exactly what the gahmen ought to be looking for... a skilled businessman building a business that hires locals.

Instead, it seems that if you are Chinese Malaysian with a grade school education, you are the desirable one... Ah Beng's over Pakistani's... makes me wonder what the ICA really thinks a desirable PR is.


Thank you so much, that really made my day. I sincerely hope that they will see the point too. We have a lot more business plans and international business we can bring here.

So fingers crossed.

My friend is Malaysian Chinese, just a diploma holder, Single and withdrawing less than 3K a month, she has gotten her PR approved.

I am pretty confused myself, but i guess it could be the quota thingy of some sort.

For me, i am not going anywhere, so i will keep applying till the end haha

have a nice day!

ronebbay
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun, 26 Feb 2017

Re: PR Application

Postby ronebbay » Wed, 30 Aug 2017 1:03 am

ecureilx wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:I really do not understand the thinking of the ICA. You are running a successful business. You are employing locals. Your business extends beyond Singapore, giving it stability. To me, you are exactly what the gahmen ought to be looking for... a skilled businessman building a business that hires locals.


The govt is doing the right thing, trying to strike a balance between what's good for the country and what's needed to win the next election :D


A good one, Cheers!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests