Singapore Expats

3D Animation

Discuss various International School options for your children here.
JaneChloe

3D Animation

Post by JaneChloe » Thu, 24 Aug 2017 11:24 am

I am Jane Chloe, mother of 2 kids age 11 and 14. Both my kids are recently very keen on learning 3D animation. Is this common in Singapore? Where can I find such courses in here and is this suitable for kids to learn such skills at their ages?

gottaname

Re: 3D Animation

Post by gottaname » Fri, 25 Aug 2017 8:31 am

You can try keeping an eye out for any polytechnics conducting 3d animation workshops during the school holidays. Some studios like one animation conducts workshops as well for secondary school students for things like NEmation.

But mind you, 3d animation usually is a whole polytechnic and university course of study. Do understand that any workshops will be just be a basic or simple intro.

Source: I work in an animation studio here in singapore.

JaneChloe

Re: 3D Animation

Post by JaneChloe » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 2:36 pm

Hi gottaname,

Thanks for your replies.

I appreciate that 3D animation is serious work requiring months and years of in depth study and commitment. I do not expect my kids to master this over a few learning sessions. I believe at their age, they need to be exposed to things that interest them so that they can better discover their own talent and what they want to pursue in life.

I went to the website of One Animation. There are no workshops at the moment for early teens. From your experience as an animation professional, are my kids too young to learn about 3D animation? Is the something too abstract for kids at this age?

Return to “International Schools”