Singapore Expats Forum

EP (Employment Pass) processing time delay

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
The Club Residences

lee_480

Re: EP (Employment Pass) processing time delay

Postby lee_480 » Thu, 07 Dec 2017 11:11 pm

Dear Friends, this is my first post on this forum. I am a 37 year old Indian male living in Singapore for a few years. My new company’s agent applied for my EP on the 28th of Nov but no news so far. I have degrees from some of the top universities in India. I am being appointed for an SVP position and my offered salary is upwards of SGD 350K. Could you help advise what chances I stand, if any. Best Regards

lee_480

Postby lee_480 » Thu, 07 Dec 2017 11:23 pm

lee_480 wrote:Dear Friends, this is my first post on this forum. I am a 37 year old Indian male living in Singapore for a few years. My new company’s agent applied for my EP on the 28th of Nov but no news so far. I have degrees from some of the top universities in India. I am being appointed for an SVP position and my offered salary is upwards of SGD 350K. Could you help advise what chances I stand, if any. Best Regards

I forgot to add that I am in the Oil and Gas industry. Kind Regards

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 08 Dec 2017 9:35 pm

It will probably come through eventually. How long is a piece of string? That's about how long it will take. 3 days to 3 months normally. EP shouldn't be a problem especially in the O&G sector. (Upstream or Downstream?) I worked the O&G sector (exploration) for 20 years back in the 70's & 80's.

However, PR might be a different kettle of fish. I don't see any problem with the EP if you have been here ~5 years already.

lee_480

Postby lee_480 » Sat, 09 Dec 2017 9:49 am

Thanks for the reply. I am in the upstream Oil & Gas production side of things (execute FPSOs etc). Indeed, they rejected my PR application earlier this year after sxrutinizing it for about 10 months but that’s probably understandable given that Indians aren’t exactly the targeted set for that. As you advise, would simply wait for things on the EP front to take their own due course. Kind Regards

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 09 Dec 2017 8:28 pm

Please let us know how it eventually pans out.
Thanks
sms

I worked on a couple FPSOs back in the late 80's in the Gulf of Thailand. But spent the vast majority of time on semi-subs & DSs. Now just an old coot or as some say the resident crusty curmudgeon. :lol:

lee_480

Postby lee_480 » Sun, 10 Dec 2017 12:14 pm

Ha, ha- sure, will drop a message either ways! Take care and enjoy your Sunday! Regards