Singapore Expats

EP (Employment Pass) processing time delay

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
lee_480

Re: EP (Employment Pass) processing time delay

Post by lee_480 » Thu, 07 Dec 2017 11:11 pm

Dear Friends, this is my first post on this forum. I am a 37 year old Indian male living in Singapore for a few years. My new company’s agent applied for my EP on the 28th of Nov but no news so far. I have degrees from some of the top universities in India. I am being appointed for an SVP position and my offered salary is upwards of SGD 350K. Could you help advise what chances I stand, if any. Best Regards

lee_480

Post by lee_480 » Thu, 07 Dec 2017 11:23 pm

lee_480 wrote:Dear Friends, this is my first post on this forum. I am a 37 year old Indian male living in Singapore for a few years. My new company’s agent applied for my EP on the 28th of Nov but no news so far. I have degrees from some of the top universities in India. I am being appointed for an SVP position and my offered salary is upwards of SGD 350K. Could you help advise what chances I stand, if any. Best Regards

I forgot to add that I am in the Oil and Gas industry. Kind Regards

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 08 Dec 2017 9:35 pm

It will probably come through eventually. How long is a piece of string? That's about how long it will take. 3 days to 3 months normally. EP shouldn't be a problem especially in the O&G sector. (Upstream or Downstream?) I worked the O&G sector (exploration) for 20 years back in the 70's & 80's.

However, PR might be a different kettle of fish. I don't see any problem with the EP if you have been here ~5 years already.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

lee_480

Post by lee_480 » Sat, 09 Dec 2017 9:49 am

Thanks for the reply. I am in the upstream Oil & Gas production side of things (execute FPSOs etc). Indeed, they rejected my PR application earlier this year after sxrutinizing it for about 10 months but that’s probably understandable given that Indians aren’t exactly the targeted set for that. As you advise, would simply wait for things on the EP front to take their own due course. Kind Regards

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 09 Dec 2017 8:28 pm

Please let us know how it eventually pans out.
Thanks
sms

I worked on a couple FPSOs back in the late 80's in the Gulf of Thailand. But spent the vast majority of time on semi-subs & DSs. Now just an old coot or as some say the resident crusty curmudgeon. :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

lee_480

Post by lee_480 » Sun, 10 Dec 2017 12:14 pm

And the wait continues! 20 days and counting. Getting nervous now..

Achilles07

Post by Achilles07 » Fri, 09 Feb 2018 1:51 pm

Hi,

If you are already holding an EP and your prospective employer applies for a new EP for you, is there a way one can check the status of this new EP application online?

As i check the EP online website (https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLE ... yAction.do) with my credentials, it is showing me the status of my previous approved EP. Not the status of current application.

Or does that mean the new employer is yet to lodge their application?

many thanks

kortizol

Post by kortizol » Tue, 20 Feb 2018 5:35 pm

Did any of those delayed passes come through for those of you waiting - assume so given you went quiet and probably got busy !?

My employer applied on 23rd Jan for my 2 year EP - still in Pending status on the MOM portal I've been told - I can't check it myself - 28 days now today and heading into week 5. I'm getting rather concerned and suspect something may be problematic.

My wife's Dependent Pass needs to be applied for once mine is approved and my employer gave guidance of 1 week for that process. In saying that, they also previously gave a guidance of max 3 weeks for both passes together, so I'm loosing confidence in their forecasts ......

Viveksurya

Post by Viveksurya » Thu, 31 May 2018 8:39 pm

Hi friends,

I am applying E pass application on 07 may 2018 but still showing pending, it's take more than 25 days, but my agent was told me 20 days only process time. But till date not approved my pass, any one know it's will be approve or rejected,. If approve means how many days take time.. this is the first time I am applying E pass. Anyone pls give me solution.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 31 May 2018 8:56 pm

Viveksurya wrote:Hi friends,

I am applying E pass application on 07 may 2018 but still showing pending, it's take more than 25 days, but my agent was told me 20 days only process time. But till date not approved my pass, any one know it's will be approve or rejected,. If approve means how many days take time.. this is the first time I am applying E pass. Anyone pls give me solution.

No one can give an answer for your question. There are cases where EP is approved within 2 days and some cases it has been pending for 3-4 months. What your agent told you might just be a rough estimation. It will vary from case to case. On what you can do now, there is nothing much to do, other than to wait patiently.

Fleetwoodcod

Post by Fleetwoodcod » Tue, 12 Jun 2018 3:35 pm

Hi All

Here's my timeline:

New EP applied : 05 June 2018
Previous EP cancelled: 11 June 2018 & 30 days STVP issued
Status as of today (12 June) : Pending

Additional data points (perhaps completely irrelevant by the look of things):
Nationality - Indian
# of years in Singapore >9years
Domain: Maritime (Commercial- chartering & ops)
Owned a 2 person commodity trading company in the past, though not currently
Base Salary 144k pa
Dependants: 2

Current trends suggest no patterns but it is very optimistic to expect a reply before 14 calendar days. Will keep you all updated as it happens

iaannuk

Post by iaannuk » Wed, 11 Jul 2018 12:43 am

Did you get an answer @fleetwoodcod ?

Prudeep

Post by Prudeep » Fri, 21 Sep 2018 8:14 pm

Ep Approval :

Hi Everyone , could you please advise on my case .. I was working in Singapore during the year 2015-16 and I have taken credit card loan of 6000 dollar , I have paid half of the amount and rest is still pending .

Recently I have applied for EP and company offered me 6500$. I spoke with bank and they told me my name is not in the bankrupt list .

I don’t have any other issues other than this . Kindly advise will my Ep approve ?

Regards
Pru