Singapore Expats Forum

Expats in Heartland Jobs

Announcements, promotions, news, help. Ask about registrations, avatars, PM and others. Post all your forum and Singapore Expats site related questions here.
Faith Z
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 21 Aug 2017

Expats in Heartland Jobs

Postby Faith Z » Mon, 21 Aug 2017 7:09 pm

Hello everyone. I'm a reporter and I'm hoping to profile an expat in an interesting job, especially with a local, heartland twist just like Mr Laskaris http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/f ... ian-seller.

Do you know of anyone in such a job? We have written about a South African driving a bus.

Would you know of anyone who runs a hawker stall selling Singaporean fare? Or someone who sells vegetables at the wet market? A librarian working in a heartland neighbourhood? A train driver?

Could you message me or write a comment here?

Thank you so much!

okonu
Regular
Regular
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon, 02 May 2016

Re: Expats in Heartland Jobs

Postby okonu » Tue, 22 Aug 2017 11:50 am

I see lots of expats working in Botanic Gardens as gardeners.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9513
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Expats in Heartland Jobs

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 22 Aug 2017 1:19 pm

okonu wrote:I see lots of expats working in Botanic Gardens as gardeners.


Totally agreed.

I seen lot of expats around my house, Doing general maintenance work !

Or did OP mean "rich" Expats ?

Or did he mean a exotic expat ?

Or an exotic import - i.e. Citizen ?

Confusion abounds.

Faith Z wrote:Hello everyone. I'm a reporter and I'm hoping to profile an expat in an interesting job, especially with a local, heartland twist just like Mr Laskaris http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/f ... ian-seller.

Do you know of anyone in such a job? We have written about a South African driving a bus.

Would you know of anyone who runs a hawker stall selling Singaporean fare? Or someone who sells vegetables at the wet market? A librarian working in a heartland neighbourhood? A train driver?

Could you message me or write a comment here?

Thank you so much!


Do the PRC Expat bus drivers don't count ?

Faith Z
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 21 Aug 2017

Re: Expats in Heartland Jobs

Postby Faith Z » Tue, 22 Aug 2017 1:31 pm

Hello! Thanks for your reply. When you say general maintenance work do you mean plumbing, cleaning, landscaping? Can I check which are you live in? So I can go down and speak to these workers?:) is it possible to pm me? thank you so very much!
--
I seen lot of expats around my house, Doing general maintenance work !

Or did OP mean "rich" Expats ?

Or did he mean a exotic expat ?

Or an exotic import - i.e. Citizen ?

Confusion abounds.[/quote]

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9513
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Expats in Heartland Jobs

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 22 Aug 2017 3:34 pm

Faith Z wrote:Hello! Thanks for your reply. When you say general maintenance work do you mean plumbing, cleaning, landscaping? Can I check which are you live in? So I can go down and speak to these workers?:) is it possible to pm me? thank you so very much!


Oh the irony.

Did you miss the sarcasm ?

I meant, in your book, Expat means only those Fair Skinned, or Exotic ?

Do South Asian Workers count ?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9513
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Expats in Heartland Jobs

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 23 Aug 2017 8:05 pm

ecureilx wrote:I meant, in your book, Expat means only those Fair Skinned, or Exotic ?

Do South Asian Workers count ?


And the silence...

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34338
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Expats in Heartland Jobs

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 23 Aug 2017 11:29 pm

Methinks she's be hoist by her own petard. :cool:

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9513
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Expats in Heartland Jobs

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 24 Aug 2017 8:05 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Methinks she's be hoist by her own petard. :cool:
She did inbox me.. Though I have no clue how to reply


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Announcement, Help & FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests