Singapore Expats

Profile Evaluation for Singapore PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Beeninsingaporelong

Profile Evaluation for Singapore PR

Post by Beeninsingaporelong » Sat, 19 Aug 2017 8:38 pm

Hi everyone,

First post here, hence please forgive any transgressions from me.

Could anyone here give their 2 cents on whether my profile will be suitable for Singapore PR? Thanks.

- Nationality: Indonesia
- Ethnicity: Chinese
- Time in Singapore: >10 years. Studied since secondary school all the way to University at one of the three Singaporean public Universities - both undergraduate and graduate degrees (got a full scholarship for both degrees). Started working in Singapore in August 2016
- Current job industry: Financial Services
- Salary: SGD11k (this is my actual monthly salary), currently on Employment Pass
- Additional notes: Received Singapore PR offer when I was in Secondary 4, but didn't take it up back then

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: Profile Evaluation for Singapore PR

Post by Barnsley » Sun, 20 Aug 2017 12:16 pm

Beeninsingaporelong wrote:Hi everyone,

Could anyone here give their 2 cents on whether my profile will be suitable for Singapore PR? Thanks.

- Time in Singapore: >10 years. Studied since secondary school all the way to University at one of the three Singaporean public Universities - both undergraduate and graduate degrees (got a full scholarship for both degrees). Started working in Singapore in August 2016
- Salary: SGD11k (this is my actual monthly salary), currently on Employment Pass
- Additional notes: Received Singapore PR offer when I was in Secondary 4, but didn't take it up back then
Should be OK , I am assuming you turned down the PR in Secondary School as it probably came with an National Service condition attached.

One of your fellow Indonesians had this same dilema and he was approved this year , you just need to have a look through the threads for this.

All the best to you , though should you get approved after rejecting a previous offer , I wouldnt expect much positivity to come your way from the keyboard warriors :mrgreen:
Life is short, paddle harder!!

Beeninsingaporelong

Post by Beeninsingaporelong » Sun, 20 Aug 2017 1:17 pm

Barnsley wrote:

Should be OK , I am assuming you turned down the PR in Secondary School as it probably came with an National Service condition attached.

One of your fellow Indonesians had this same dilema and he was approved this year , you just need to have a look through the threads for this.

All the best to you , though should you get approved after rejecting a previous offer , I wouldnt expect much positivity to come your way from the keyboard warriors :mrgreen:
Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for following up, but do you think it's worth it for me to apply for the PR now, or should I wait till January? Heard from other people that there is an annual quota for PRs and that the quota is filled on a first-come-first-served basis. Thanks.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Sun, 20 Aug 2017 2:13 pm

Beeninsingaporelong wrote:
Barnsley wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for following up, but do you think it's worth it for me to apply for the PR now, or should I wait till January? Heard from other people that there is an annual quota for PRs and that the quota is filled on a first-come-first-served basis. Thanks.
There may well be some form form of informal quota, there is a good analysis of how it may operate by someone on here , can't find the post at the minute.

You may want to wait until you have 2yrs tax returns if you really do feel like waiting.

Have you booked appointment?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

Beeninsingaporelong

Post by Beeninsingaporelong » Sun, 20 Aug 2017 2:50 pm

Barnsley wrote:
Beeninsingaporelong wrote:
Barnsley wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

There may well be some form form of informal quota, there is a good analysis of how it may operate by someone on here , can't find the post at the minute.

You may want to wait until you have 2yrs tax returns if you really do feel like waiting.

Have you booked appointment?
No, not yet. Which is why I'm deliberating when to submit my application

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Mon, 21 Aug 2017 8:26 am

I swear, when I first applied many moons ago in 2012, the sentiment was the ICA rejects nearly 99% of first applications to weed out those not serious. Only the dedicated then re-apply.

Based upon that historical practice, one might as well get the first rejection out of the way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

lambemusuwek

Post by lambemusuwek » Thu, 24 Aug 2017 6:12 pm

Dude, my profile not any better than yours in many ways. I'm Indonesian, non-Chinese, live with a non-working wife (she's going to start a business soon after we get our IC), low paying job, but mine was approved recently.
You should apply earlier, dude.

Except for Indians I think it's quite stressed right now. Coz many of my Indian friends got rejected, though their pay are far better than mine.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 24 Aug 2017 8:35 pm

JessLimcsKwek wrote:Hi,

you are qualify to apply for the Singapore PR. In fact i suggest that you should apply your Singapore PR this year, reason being the President Election is coming and once the Election is over, we are expecting that next year quota might have some changes. Our best suggestion is to faster get your Singapore PR by this year to prevent any other tightening new rules and regulation by the government for Singapore PR application.
Tosh

Since when Singapore president got any executive power?