Singapore Expats

Employment Pass Advice Needed

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
rajspy84

Re: Employment Pass Advice Needed

Post by rajspy84 » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 8:13 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
ankit_singapore wrote:Hi...did you got a reply back on your application
My Ep application was submitted on the same day..15th Ag
I may sound stupid but how will another person's result influence yours?
Not near as stupid as the poster who asked the question sounds. :???:

You know something, Squirrel, the level of intelligence (and I use that term extremely loosely) of EP applicants has really gong down the crapper in the past 20 years hasn't it. We used to have intelligent discussions on here, but now, unless we old regulars talk to ourselves, it's really pathetic the quality of "expat" that is trying to come here nowadays. They cannot fill out of form, designed for a N level holder to be able to do unassisted, but have to get an agent to do it. They don't have any patience whatsoever and for some undogly reason, think they are the cats meow.

Everybody has the right to be stupid, but they are abusing the privilege! :mrgreen:
Judging a person does not define who they are.... It defines who you are.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 10:13 pm

Nobody is judging you. Sorry if a reflection of facts flies in the face of one's self-perceived station. It's not a contest, so cannot be judged. Contests are usually something you can train for. Sadly, a lot are born that way or are a victims of the society from whence they came. Such is life. All we have are many years of observing the characters who have come and gone. Anecdotal evidence as it were. :-k :wink:

Oh, you are not Squirrel. Squirrel is ecureilx (due to a spelling error on his nick many years ago when he joined the board (Écureuil). Good dude though. We've downed a fair number of pints over the years as well.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

rajspy84

Post by rajspy84 » Sat, 26 Aug 2017 10:39 pm

you are a good writer. Try writing books.. on a very serious note

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 27 Aug 2017 12:18 am

rajspy84 wrote:
you are a good writer. Try writing books.. on a very serious note
You know why some "cousins" easily get looked down by natives? They demand answers, and if the answers arent palatable, are very quick to insult those who took time to reply in the first place.

Now, what is that all about?

Somebody got offended eh?

You will make a good FT.. Welcome to Singapore!

rajspy84

Post by rajspy84 » Sun, 27 Aug 2017 12:47 pm

Thanks. Offended. No way. I was really suggesting you to try writing. Also we gone of the topic as well. So lets conclude here. will update once there is any progress on my EP

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 27 Aug 2017 4:04 pm

rajspy84 wrote:Thanks. Offended. No way. I was really suggesting you to try writing. Also we gone of the topic as well. So lets conclude here. will update once there is any progress on my EP
Who did you address that to? That write a book comment..

rajspy84

Post by rajspy84 » Sun, 27 Aug 2017 4:55 pm

ecureilx wrote:
rajspy84 wrote:Thanks. Offended. No way. I was really suggesting you to try writing. Also we gone of the topic as well. So lets conclude here. will update once there is any progress on my EP
Who did you address that to? That write a book comment..
as book writing comment is not for you. it was for sundaymorningstaple

rajspy84

Post by rajspy84 » Tue, 05 Sep 2017 5:20 pm

My 3 weeks is completed and status is still pending. i had a word in MOM with customer care. they have told that status will be updated by end of day today. if it is not updated by today EOD, they told me that ask your employer to call back tomorrow morning, they will let them know reason for pending.since EP is filed by employer, reason can only be given to one who is filed/sponsor EP.

is this standard reply ? or they really mean it ? anyone has same experience ?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 05 Sep 2017 6:34 pm

rajspy84 wrote:My 3 weeks is completed and status is still pending. i had a word in MOM with customer care. they have told that status will be updated by end of day today. if it is not updated by today EOD, they told me that ask your employer to call back tomorrow morning, they will let them know reason for pending.since EP is filed by employer, reason can only be given to one who is filed/sponsor EP.

is this standard reply ? or they really mean it ? anyone has same experience ?
Even if you call MOM many times, they wont disclose the reason to the Employee. So, no point being desperate and calling them. There are cases where it has been pending for many months. Why are you rushing?

rajspy84

Post by rajspy84 » Tue, 05 Sep 2017 7:00 pm

True, but for pending cases there are reasons. They provide reasons to employer. So atleast i will know what will happen to my case instead of waiting for unending wait. My employer going to call them tomorrow to know the reason. Its not rushing, its just i am getting clear picture of my case instead of waiting. Its better to use resource if you have then to assume anything hope yoy agree with me.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 05 Sep 2017 7:03 pm

rajspy84 wrote:True, but for pending cases there are reasons. ...
So MOM will tell the employer what is causing the delay ?

Said who ?

rajspy84

Post by rajspy84 » Tue, 05 Sep 2017 7:19 pm

I have called MOM enquiry number mentioned on website. Customer care executive mentioned it to me. I have mentioned same in above post.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 05 Sep 2017 8:52 pm

rajspy84 wrote:True, but for pending cases there are reasons. They provide reasons to employer. So atleast i will know what will happen to my case instead of waiting for unending wait. My employer going to call them tomorrow to know the reason. Its not rushing, its just i am getting clear picture of my case instead of waiting. Its better to use resource if you have then to assume anything hope yoy agree with me.

If your employer is calling tomorrow, why are you seeking advise on the forum for this asking if anyone has experience? Even if someone has experience, does it mean your case and their case is the same?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 05 Sep 2017 9:22 pm

MoM will always respond with generalities, and rarely specifics. They don't want people tailoring applications to their rejection reasons.

rajspy84

Post by rajspy84 » Tue, 05 Sep 2017 9:33 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
rajspy84 wrote:True, but for pending cases there are reasons. They provide reasons to employer. So atleast i will know what will happen to my case instead of waiting for unending wait. My employer going to call them tomorrow to know the reason. Its not rushing, its just i am getting clear picture of my case instead of waiting. Its better to use resource if you have then to assume anything hope yoy agree with me.

If your employer is calling tomorrow, why are you seeking advise on the forum for this asking if anyone has experience? Even if someone has experience, does it mean your case and their case is the same?
I think you dont get my question. I asked about experience whether they really mean it or no? What harm i did after asking it. I do not understand why people are so rude even if someone ask a normal question. This forum is to ask questions, share experiences to help out people, not to shout on them. If you do not like, do not answer it. Here many expats have answered it very politely. Anyway this is my last post here. No point of asking here