Singapore Expats

PR just got approved last week, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
happyandlucky

PR just got approved last week, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive?

Post by happyandlucky » Tue, 15 Aug 2017 6:09 pm

As title states, extremely ecstatic to learn via iEnquiry that my PR has been approved! Currently waiting for the letter to arrive and out of curiosity, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive? Anyone with experience with receiving the letter could share their experience? That'd be great! :)

If you have any pointers to share, that'd be great as well! I know I'll have to register with the CPF board, change my SingPass and the other stuffs but are there other things that I should know while waiting to complete my PR formalities?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR just got approved last week, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive?

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 15 Aug 2017 6:15 pm

happyandlucky wrote:As title states, extremely ecstatic to learn via iEnquiry that my PR has been approved! Currently waiting for the letter to arrive and out of curiosity, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive? Anyone with experience with receiving the letter could share their experience? That'd be great! :)

If you have any pointers to share, that'd be great as well! I know I'll have to register with the CPF board, change my SingPass and the other stuffs but are there other things that I should know while waiting to complete my PR formalities?
Tell us your profile

Letter usually arrives within a week and in some rare cases within 10 days

cittakaro

Re: PR just got approved last week, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive?

Post by cittakaro » Wed, 16 Aug 2017 10:33 am

happyandlucky wrote:As title states, extremely ecstatic to learn via iEnquiry that my PR has been approved! Currently waiting for the letter to arrive and out of curiosity, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive? Anyone with experience with receiving the letter could share their experience? That'd be great! :)

Congratulations!!!!
I think you will get your letter in less than 2 weeks. What you need to know:
1. If you are working, be good to your HR because you need a letter from your company for PR Formalities.
2. If you have one phone number only and that number is attached to your current Singpass, and you want to use that number for your new Singpass (PR), then you need to call Singpass customer service to remove your phone number from your current Singpass.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 16 Aug 2017 1:36 pm

cittakaro wrote:I think you will get your letter in less than 2 weeks. What you need to know:
1. If you are working, be good to your HR because you need a letter from your company for PR Formalities.
IF HR is not nice, you can still complete the formalities ;)

No sweat !!!

happyandlucky

Post by happyandlucky » Wed, 16 Aug 2017 1:47 pm

ecureilx wrote:
cittakaro wrote:I think you will get your letter in less than 2 weeks. What you need to know:

No sweat !!!
What happens if in such scenario where HR will not fill up the form for the employee? What can the employee use or do to complete his/her formalities? :o

cittakaro

Post by cittakaro » Wed, 16 Aug 2017 1:54 pm

happyandlucky wrote:
ecureilx wrote:

No sweat !!!
What happens if in such scenario where HR will not fill up the form for the employee? What can the employee use or do to complete his/her formalities? :o
I am not sure, maybe just inform ICA that your HR doesn't want to give you the letter :D

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 16 Aug 2017 3:11 pm

happyandlucky wrote:
ecureilx wrote:

No sweat !!!
http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/ICA/apps/fcd_faq ... #FAQ_30162

See Question 26

My SPR application has been approved. However, my employer refuses to sign the EP152. What should I do?
The purpose of the EP152 is for the applicants to confirm that they are still working in the same company as declared in their SPR application forms. If the employer refuses to sign the EP152, ICA is prepared to accept other forms of documentary evidence (e.g. a valid work pass, last 6 months' payslips, etc) of applicant's employment status.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 16 Aug 2017 4:05 pm

singaporeflyer wrote: http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/ICA/apps/fcd_faq ... #FAQ_30162

See Question 26

My SPR application has been approved. However, my employer refuses to sign the EP152. What should I do?
The purpose of the EP152 is for the applicants to confirm that they are still working in the same company as declared in their SPR application forms. If the employer refuses to sign the EP152, ICA is prepared to accept other forms of documentary evidence (e.g. a valid work pass, last 6 months' payslips, etc) of applicant's employment status.
:D +1

It's a myth that without employer's sign, you are dead : D

Years ago ICA change the policy to allow room for such idiot employers ..

bcheng74
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bcheng74 » Wed, 16 Aug 2017 11:03 pm

I think OP should share his PR profile for benefits of other forum users, and also for the advices he/she got so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CashewNut

Post by CashewNut » Fri, 18 Aug 2017 11:09 pm

For some strange reason took 6 weeks for my letter to arrive in past after I had been approved. Suspect Singpost was delay

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 19 Aug 2017 11:54 am

CashewNut wrote:For some strange reason took 6 weeks for my letter to arrive in past after I had been approved. Suspect Singpost was delay
Singpost don't delay local mail.

2 days maximum.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 20 Aug 2017 5:49 pm

2 days maximum.
That's a 100% delay right there.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 20 Aug 2017 6:01 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:

2 days maximum.
That's a 100% delay right there.
Ssshhhhhhh... Nobody saw that I hope