Singapore Expats Forum

PR just got approved last week, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
happyandlucky
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 15 Aug 2017

PR just got approved last week, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive?

Postby happyandlucky » Tue, 15 Aug 2017 6:09 pm

As title states, extremely ecstatic to learn via iEnquiry that my PR has been approved! Currently waiting for the letter to arrive and out of curiosity, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive? Anyone with experience with receiving the letter could share their experience? That'd be great! :)

If you have any pointers to share, that'd be great as well! I know I'll have to register with the CPF board, change my SingPass and the other stuffs but are there other things that I should know while waiting to complete my PR formalities?

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1241
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: PR just got approved last week, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive?

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 15 Aug 2017 6:15 pm

happyandlucky wrote:As title states, extremely ecstatic to learn via iEnquiry that my PR has been approved! Currently waiting for the letter to arrive and out of curiosity, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive? Anyone with experience with receiving the letter could share their experience? That'd be great! :)

If you have any pointers to share, that'd be great as well! I know I'll have to register with the CPF board, change my SingPass and the other stuffs but are there other things that I should know while waiting to complete my PR formalities?


Tell us your profile

Letter usually arrives within a week and in some rare cases within 10 days

cittakaro
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon, 18 Aug 2014

Re: PR just got approved last week, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive?

Postby cittakaro » Wed, 16 Aug 2017 10:33 am

happyandlucky wrote:As title states, extremely ecstatic to learn via iEnquiry that my PR has been approved! Currently waiting for the letter to arrive and out of curiosity, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive? Anyone with experience with receiving the letter could share their experience? That'd be great! :)

If you have any pointers to share, that'd be great as well! I know I'll have to register with the CPF board, change my SingPass and the other stuffs but are there other things that I should know while waiting to complete my PR formalities?


Congratulations!!!!
I think you will get your letter in less than 2 weeks. What you need to know:
1. If you are working, be good to your HR because you need a letter from your company for PR Formalities.
2. If you have one phone number only and that number is attached to your current Singpass, and you want to use that number for your new Singpass (PR), then you need to call Singpass customer service to remove your phone number from your current Singpass.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9513
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PR just got approved last week, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive?

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 16 Aug 2017 1:36 pm

cittakaro wrote:I think you will get your letter in less than 2 weeks. What you need to know:
1. If you are working, be good to your HR because you need a letter from your company for PR Formalities.


IF HR is not nice, you can still complete the formalities ;)

No sweat !!!

happyandlucky
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 15 Aug 2017

Re: PR just got approved last week, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive?

Postby happyandlucky » Wed, 16 Aug 2017 1:47 pm

ecureilx wrote:
cittakaro wrote:I think you will get your letter in less than 2 weeks. What you need to know:
1. If you are working, be good to your HR because you need a letter from your company for PR Formalities.


IF HR is not nice, you can still complete the formalities ;)

No sweat !!!


What happens if in such scenario where HR will not fill up the form for the employee? What can the employee use or do to complete his/her formalities? :o

cittakaro
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon, 18 Aug 2014

Re: PR just got approved last week, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive?

Postby cittakaro » Wed, 16 Aug 2017 1:54 pm

happyandlucky wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
cittakaro wrote:I think you will get your letter in less than 2 weeks. What you need to know:
1. If you are working, be good to your HR because you need a letter from your company for PR Formalities.


IF HR is not nice, you can still complete the formalities ;)

No sweat !!!


What happens if in such scenario where HR will not fill up the form for the employee? What can the employee use or do to complete his/her formalities? :o


I am not sure, maybe just inform ICA that your HR doesn't want to give you the letter :D

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1241
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: PR just got approved last week, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive?

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 16 Aug 2017 3:11 pm

happyandlucky wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
cittakaro wrote:I think you will get your letter in less than 2 weeks. What you need to know:
1. If you are working, be good to your HR because you need a letter from your company for PR Formalities.


IF HR is not nice, you can still complete the formalities ;)

No sweat !!!


What happens if in such scenario where HR will not fill up the form for the employee? What can the employee use or do to complete his/her formalities? :o


http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/ICA/apps/fcd_faq ... #FAQ_30162

See Question 26


My SPR application has been approved. However, my employer refuses to sign the EP152. What should I do?
The purpose of the EP152 is for the applicants to confirm that they are still working in the same company as declared in their SPR application forms. If the employer refuses to sign the EP152, ICA is prepared to accept other forms of documentary evidence (e.g. a valid work pass, last 6 months' payslips, etc) of applicant's employment status.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9513
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PR just got approved last week, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive?

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 16 Aug 2017 4:05 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/ICA/apps/fcd_faq ... #FAQ_30162

See Question 26


My SPR application has been approved. However, my employer refuses to sign the EP152. What should I do?
The purpose of the EP152 is for the applicants to confirm that they are still working in the same company as declared in their SPR application forms. If the employer refuses to sign the EP152, ICA is prepared to accept other forms of documentary evidence (e.g. a valid work pass, last 6 months' payslips, etc) of applicant's employment status.


:D +1

It's a myth that without employer's sign, you are dead : D

Years ago ICA change the policy to allow room for such idiot employers ..

bcheng74
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun, 10 Apr 2016

Re: PR just got approved last week, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive?

Postby bcheng74 » Wed, 16 Aug 2017 11:03 pm

I think OP should share his PR profile for benefits of other forum users, and also for the advices he/she got so far


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CashewNut
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat, 08 Jul 2017

Re: PR just got approved last week, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive?

Postby CashewNut » Fri, 18 Aug 2017 11:09 pm

For some strange reason took 6 weeks for my letter to arrive in past after I had been approved. Suspect Singpost was delay

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9513
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PR just got approved last week, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive?

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 19 Aug 2017 11:54 am

CashewNut wrote:For some strange reason took 6 weeks for my letter to arrive in past after I had been approved. Suspect Singpost was delay
Singpost don't delay local mail.

2 days maximum.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34338
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PR just got approved last week, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive?

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 20 Aug 2017 5:49 pm

Singpost don't delay local mail.

2 days maximum.


That's a 100% delay right there.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9513
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PR just got approved last week, how long does it usually take for the letter to arrive?

Postby ecureilx » Sun, 20 Aug 2017 6:01 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Singpost don't delay local mail.

2 days maximum.


That's a 100% delay right there.
Ssshhhhhhh... Nobody saw that I hope


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest