Singapore Expats

Fashion Jobs

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Laura.Williams

Fashion Jobs

Post by Laura.Williams » Tue, 15 Aug 2017 3:42 pm

Hi all,

I've recently moved to Singapore from the UK with my partner and I'm looking for work within the fashion industry in buying/purchasing/merchandising and I'm very keen to continue to progress my career here if possible.

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated as I've been struggling to find much fashion related jobs/contacts so far.

Many thanks,
Laura

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Fashion Jobs

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 15 Aug 2017 7:39 pm

Laura.Williams wrote:Hi all,

I've recently moved to Singapore from the UK with my partner and I'm looking for work within the fashion industry in buying/purchasing/merchandising and I'm very keen to continue to progress my career here if possible.

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated as I've been struggling to find much fashion related jobs/contacts so far.

Many thanks,
Laura
Gap has a big operation in Singapore.

Likewise others including Jockey too.

Do some search there

Laura.Williams

Post by Laura.Williams » Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:01 pm

Great thank you! I'll check those out.

Many thanks,
Laura

bold_brave_spirit

Post by bold_brave_spirit » Tue, 03 Oct 2017 11:39 am

Are you in Planning and Allocation? I'm the fashion retail business too but work in the IT side.

I just saw a Merchandising post for a local company called Charles and Keith. Very big player in APAC. Check it out. Go to the website - 'Business of Fashion'

Tigerlily_Orchid

Post by Tigerlily_Orchid » Mon, 30 Oct 2017 3:36 pm

Hi Laura,

Welcome to Singapore! I'm in the same boat as you. I've been here since September. I have a background in Merchandising (Planning Side) and have been sending out my revamped CV since two weeks ago.

I would advise you to join LinkedIn. There are fashion retail jobs posted there.

Currently, Zalora is looking for a Fashion Buyer (I got rejected for that). The LinkedIn ad isn't very clear but if you go to their website, they detail Fashion Buyers as opposed to Senior Buyers. You'll see the preference as well, ie. Singapore PR or citizen preferred.

All the best in the job hunt! Don't get discouraged. =)

emmybecca

Post by emmybecca » Mon, 05 Mar 2018 7:04 pm

i have been working in fashion industry for 4 years now, started as an internee, now working full time textile designer.