Singapore Expats

EP renewal got rejected

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
PJ841

EP renewal got rejected

Post by PJ841 » Mon, 14 Aug 2017 9:23 pm

Hi all,

Need your advice. I'm working in Singapore for almost 5 years. This time my EP renewal was rejected after 6 weeks from the date of application. Since the time was running short and not sure about reappealing will work, my employer applied for S Pass and it got approved after 2 weeks.
I'm concerned if downgrading from EP to SP will affect in any ways to my career or application to PR etc.
Appreciate your inputs. Thanks.

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Re: EP renewal got rejected

Post by BBCDoc » Mon, 14 Aug 2017 10:24 pm

It probably will Impact both. I highly recommend you upgrade your skill set and then find a new job in another company.

Probably winning the lottery or finding a wealthy spouse will also work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 15 Aug 2017 7:14 am

PJ841 wrote:Hi all,

Need your advice. I'm working in Singapore for almost 5 years. This time my EP renewal was rejected after 6 weeks from the date of application. Since the time was running short and not sure about reappealing will work, my employer applied for S Pass and it got approved after 2 weeks.
I'm concerned if downgrading from EP to SP will affect in any ways to my career or application to PR etc.
My Two colleagues on S Pass got their PR approved recently.

So where do you hail from?

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 15 Aug 2017 9:55 am

If your salary hasn't changed , what impact do you think it will have?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

bestsocialmedia

Post by bestsocialmedia » Fri, 08 Sep 2017 9:14 pm

any idea why ep renewal been rejected? suggest you try to appeal until you get back ep status. good luck!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 09 Sep 2017 11:30 am

If salary didn't increase reasonably within the EP period, the EP wasn't the right place. I'm betting your salary was borderline EP to start with. By putting you as an S pass you are given a little more leniency but if your salary doesn't show an increase after being moved to an S pass, you might find yourself on the short end of the stick, come the next renewal time. As far as your career being affected by EP or S pass, it's of no consequence directly as you need not put what type of pass you are on when looking for a new job/position. But your length of time/experience vrs last/current salary will tell them all they need to know.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kozizi

Post by kozizi » Fri, 15 Sep 2017 10:28 am

PJ841,
If you dont mind, could you share what your salary was at the time of (a) initial application for EP, and (b) while applying for EP renewal recently ?
Thanks

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 15 Sep 2017 11:36 am

kozizi wrote:PJ841,
If you dont mind, could you share what your salary was at the time of (a) initial application for EP, and (b) while applying for EP renewal recently ?
Thanks
You should ask

1) how big is the employer
2) Local to foreigner ratio
3) What industry
4) does the person have degree / qualification etc.
4) and to a lesser extent, which country the person is from ..

these, from what I feel, are impacting renewals, than actual salary raise etc.