Singapore Expats

The Processes for a Singapore Citizen Lady to Marry an Egyptian Man (LTVP/LTVP+/PR)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
hfzhmlque

The Processes for a Singapore Citizen Lady to Marry an Egyptian Man (LTVP/LTVP+/PR)

Post by hfzhmlque » Sun, 13 Aug 2017 7:59 pm

Hello all!

I've read some useful information from all of you regarding applications for marriage and Permanent Residence of a Singapore Citizen and a foreigner. However, I am still not sure of my situation, so I am asking for your help for your opinions.

I am 21 years old Singapore Citizen while my partner is 25 years old Egypt Citizen. We plan to hold our ROM solemnisation on November '2018. I am currently taking a Degree Honours and will have a job in September '2018, which pays me more than $2,800 per month. He is currently working in Saudi Arabia in the Media and Communications industry and has about 4 years of experience in this field.

Here are the list of questions that we are confused about.

1. How long will we wait for the Pre-Marriage LTVP Assessment (PMLA) and thus, how long before our solemnisation date must we apply for it?

2. If our PMLA is rejected, does it mean that we cannot apply for the LTVP/LTVP+ after our ROM solemnisation?

3. If our PMLA is accepted, will my age and duration of work (can only start work barely 3 months before solemnisation) hinder the possibility of approval for the LTVP/LTVP+/PR?

4. If our LTVP/LTVP+ is approved, are we able to apply for jobs/house and how long do you recommend for us to wait until we apply for Permanent Residence? I do understand that LTVP holders require an Employment/S-Pass or a Work Permit while LTVP+ holders require a Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM in order to work. However, what are the chances to receive a job here as a foreigner in the Media, Design and Communications industry? Anyone going through it, please advise :)

5. If our LTVP/LTVP+ is rejected, are we able to apply for Permanent Residence instead? And, are we able to appeal and resubmit our applications again?

- If so, is it a must for my spouse to be staying in Singapore in the period of application and how long does it usually takes for it to be approved?
>>> If he stays in Singapore, can he be on an extended Short Term Visit Pass (89 days) or must he find a job to receive the Employment/S-Pass/Work Permit?
>>> If he can be in other countries to work or live while waiting for the PR approval, is it still necessary for him to hand in the PR applications in person or can I do it for him?

- If not, are we able to appeal under a Marriage/SC-NR scheme or something similar? Or, are we supposed to wait until it gets approved, and till then, he visits me on normal tourist visa/short term visit passes?

That's all I have for now. Thank you for taking your time to read all of this and I really hope you can advise us accordingly. :)

taxico
Director
Director

Re: The Processes for a Singapore Citizen Lady to Marry an Egyptian Man (LTVP/LTVP+/PR)

Post by taxico » Mon, 14 Aug 2017 10:26 am

hfzhmlque wrote:Hello all!

I've read some useful information from all of you regarding applications for marriage and Permanent Residence of a Singapore Citizen and a foreigner. However, I am still not sure of my situation, so I am asking for your help for your opinions.

I am 21 years old Singapore Citizen while my partner is 25 years old Egypt Citizen. We plan to hold our ROM solemnisation on November '2018. I am currently taking a Degree Honours and will have a job in September '2018, which pays me more than $2,800 per month. He is currently working in Saudi Arabia in the Media and Communications industry and has about 4 years of experience in this field.

Here are the list of questions that we are confused about.

1. How long will we wait for the Pre-Marriage LTVP Assessment (PMLA) and thus, how long before our solemnisation date must we apply for it?

2. If our PMLA is rejected, does it mean that we cannot apply for the LTVP/LTVP+ after our ROM solemnisation?

3. If our PMLA is accepted, will my age and duration of work (can only start work barely 3 months before solemnisation) hinder the possibility of approval for the LTVP/LTVP+/PR?

4. If our LTVP/LTVP+ is approved, are we able to apply for jobs/house and how long do you recommend for us to wait until we apply for Permanent Residence? I do understand that LTVP holders require an Employment/S-Pass or a Work Permit while LTVP+ holders require a Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM in order to work. However, what are the chances to receive a job here as a foreigner in the Media, Design and Communications industry? Anyone going through it, please advise :)

5. If our LTVP/LTVP+ is rejected, are we able to apply for Permanent Residence instead? And, are we able to appeal and resubmit our applications again?

- If so, is it a must for my spouse to be staying in Singapore in the period of application and how long does it usually takes for it to be approved?
>>> If he stays in Singapore, can he be on an extended Short Term Visit Pass (89 days) or must he find a job to receive the Employment/S-Pass/Work Permit?
>>> If he can be in other countries to work or live while waiting for the PR approval, is it still necessary for him to hand in the PR applications in person or can I do it for him?

- If not, are we able to appeal under a Marriage/SC-NR scheme or something similar? Or, are we supposed to wait until it gets approved, and till then, he visits me on normal tourist visa/short term visit passes?

That's all I have for now. Thank you for taking your time to read all of this and I really hope you can advise us accordingly. :)
search for "PMLA" on the forum.

1. heard it's a month. but... i would think it depends on the backlog. so... how long is a piece of string?

you can appeal/re-submit, although you won't be told the reason why it was rejected. (so why not make your first application the best application you can furnish at the time?)

2. you can apply. doesn't mean he'll get approved. i would think even if he gets an eligibility letter, there's still a chance he may get rejected when he applies.

3. i would believe so.

4. to buy a flat, you need to be 21 and over (not a problem by the time the HDB paperwork comes through) and your spouse needs to have a work pass or LTVP (6 months+ validity).

i would think an egyptian working in KSA is not a very good background when it's time for a visa officer to decide whether or not to issue a pass... but i could be wrong.

5. look at #2.

he doesn't need to be physically in (nor holding a job in) singapore. he can apply/submit his PR application at the nearest SG consulate.

it's normal to find a job so that the prospective employer can apply for a WP for him. he may or may not get his SVP extended, and he may not get multiple extensions just because he's married to a SC.

you can appeal all you want, and visit as many MPs as you wish. nobody knows how long the string is.

he does not need to be in singapore while waiting for any visa/pass to be approved.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

BNHMANA

Re: The Processes for a Singapore Citizen Lady to Marry an Egyptian Man (LTVP/LTVP+/PR)

Post by BNHMANA » Thu, 23 Dec 2021 12:00 am

Hello,

I have similar questions. Could I request for hfzhmlque to contact me please?

Thank you so much

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 23 Dec 2021 1:32 am

BNHMANA wrote:
Thu, 23 Dec 2021 12:00 am
Hello,

Thank you so much
You can send them a private message.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 23 Dec 2021 11:23 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 23 Dec 2021 1:32 am
BNHMANA wrote:
Thu, 23 Dec 2021 12:00 am
Hello,

Thank you so much
You can send them a private message.
I doubt very seriously that any response will be received considering that hfzhmlque only made 1 post over 4 years ago. :-k [-(
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 24 Dec 2021 5:47 am

I like to give the benefit of the doubt, the first couple months I was on here I had no idea how to use many of the functions… didn’t even know that PMs were a thing.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Fri, 24 Dec 2021 7:49 am

In my decade of using forums and being a forum admin on another site, anyone who has been AFK from a forum for years are highly unlikely to come back… unless they announce the forum is closing. Necroposting isn’t productive at all.

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Fri, 24 Dec 2021 9:26 am

if look at hfzhmlque profile
Last active:Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:40 pm

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Fri, 24 Dec 2021 8:58 pm

MOCHS wrote:
Fri, 24 Dec 2021 7:49 am
In my decade of using forums and being a forum admin on another site, anyone who has been AFK from a forum for years are highly unlikely to come back… unless they announce the forum is closing. Necroposting isn’t productive at all.
I am the exception to that rule. I definitely have gone for more than a 5 year stretch of inactivity on this forum. SMS called me out on it and I don’t regret coming back. Let’s hope more do the same — a forum lives or dies by its contributors.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr