Singapore Expats

Crocs-not the footwear-Pasir Ris Park

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Crocs-not the footwear-Pasir Ris Park

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 08 Aug 2017 4:29 pm

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/e ... -singapore
The animals have been seen by nature photographers and visitors to Singapore's north-eastern coast, such as at Pasir Ris Park.
Evening joggers and dog walkers ..... Keep your eyes peeled!!
Life is short, paddle harder!!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Crocs-not the footwear-Pasir Ris Park

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 05 Feb 2021 2:15 pm

Oh my, first the otters, iguanas, and monitor lizards, and now this. Singapore is really becoming a jungle!

the observer
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by the observer » Fri, 05 Feb 2021 2:23 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Fri, 05 Feb 2021 2:15 pm
Oh my, first the otters, iguanas, and monitor lizards, and now this. Singapore is really becoming a jungle!
Have you lost the concept of time?
2017 post.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 05 Feb 2021 3:03 pm

70% of Lisa's posts are from dredged up old posts and no longer relevant. I don't believe she even looks at the posting dates, but when you are friends of Admin.......
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the observer
Reporter
Reporter

Post by the observer » Fri, 05 Feb 2021 7:16 pm

Duty of the admin to tell Lisa not to keep harping on the past. :D

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Fri, 05 Feb 2021 7:31 pm

Whenever i saw her name show up as last post. I dont bother to read at all.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 06 Feb 2021 3:59 pm

Haha I don’t pay attention to the post dates, I’m working from home so I’m often bored with nothing to do. This forum keeps me occupied.

bro75
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bro75 » Sat, 06 Feb 2021 4:20 pm

We have a term for this, "necro-ing" (raising the post from the dead). Anyway, no problem with me as long as the post is still relevant.

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Max Headroom » Sat, 06 Feb 2021 7:52 pm

Speaking of crocs here, I reckon it's a matter of time before they do make their way around the northeast and appear along the east coast, given that these are likely to be estuary crocs and can do quite well in a brackish/coastal marine environment.

I'm, no biologist, but I don't think they have any natural predators here, which means there's nothing really keeping their numbers in check, other than perhaps a lack of regular prey.

I wonder if someone is keeping an eye on the buggers.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 06 Feb 2021 7:58 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Sat, 06 Feb 2021 3:59 pm
Haha I don’t pay attention to the post dates, I’m working from home so I’m often bored with nothing to do. This forum keeps me occupied.
Lisa, that's fine, but some of us have to keep the place tidy and if the kids are unruly it becomes a labor and not a labor of love. Also, most don't want to read a post and then have to go back and read 10 more posts just to get the context only to find that is not even relevant anymore, like the restaurant thread 8 years ago that has long been closed. Most people who ready this forum are working (or used to, or are now wfh but still working. Time is valuable. That is why the mods here dedicate so much of our time (gratis, I might add) deleting garbage from trolls & spammers or posters who post the same message on a number of threads. It saves our members valuable time without having to sift through irrelevant garbage.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Post by Myasis Dragon » Sun, 07 Feb 2021 4:26 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 06 Feb 2021 7:58 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Sat, 06 Feb 2021 3:59 pm
Lisa, that's fine, but some of us have to keep the place tidy and if the kids are unruly it becomes a labor and not a labor of love. Also, most don't want to read a post and then have to go back and read 10 more posts just to get the context only to find that is not even relevant anymore, like the restaurant thread 8 years ago that has long been closed. Most people who ready this forum are working (or used to, or are now wfh but still working. Time is valuable. That is why the mods here dedicate so much of our time (gratis, I might add) deleting garbage from trolls & spammers or posters who post the same message on a number of threads. It saves our members valuable time without having to sift through irrelevant garbage.
A croc in Lisa's back yard would probably make her life more interesting.