Singapore Expats

Singapore-born/UK nationality help

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
Gentleman7

Re: Singapore-born/UK nationality help

Post by Gentleman7 » Mon, 14 Aug 2017 3:58 pm

Ladies and gents, I'd always presumed that the airline would be obliged to share passenger passport numbers with the airports' customs at both ends. You know, to prevent terrorism, criminals absconding, trafficing etc.
Then whichever passport the airline knew about, both airports' customs would also know, and the one presented the non matching passport would know.
Is this not the case?

okonu
Regular
Regular

Post by okonu » Mon, 14 Aug 2017 4:31 pm

No, the data in the booking only goes to the country you are flying to.

To the OP -

1 - no, not until you register him at UK High Commission & Somerset House. Then you apply for a passport for him

2 - Of course not.

3 - O focurse not. Will be his choice at 21 which one to keep.

4- No. The UK has a famously relaxed view of dual nationality, actually many people do have dual nationality UK/ another passport that doesn't allow dual nationality. The UK makes it clear though that they will not help in a dispute with your other nationality.

PeanutButterJam

Post by PeanutButterJam » Sat, 19 Aug 2017 4:19 pm

okonu wrote:No, the data in the booking only goes to the country you are flying to.
Sorry for the duplicates. Not sure what happened there.
Last edited by PeanutButterJam on Sat, 19 Aug 2017 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PeanutButterJam

Post by PeanutButterJam » Sat, 19 Aug 2017 4:20 pm

PeanutButterJam wrote:
okonu wrote:No, the data in the booking only goes to the country you are flying to.

Sorry for the duplicates. Not sure what happened there.

Last edited by PeanutButterJam on Sat, 19 Aug 2017 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PeanutButterJam

Post by PeanutButterJam » Sat, 19 Aug 2017 4:26 pm

PeanutButterJam wrote:
PeanutButterJam wrote:

To the OP -

1 - no, not until you register him at UK High Commission & Somerset House. Then you apply for a passport for him

I didn't register my two girls at the High Commission. All I did was to fill up the "Apply Passport" form for my girls, tick yes for the question on "Are they British citizens?" and sent in original documents such as their Singapore passports, Singapore birth cert, my birth cert and passport, passport photos etc. We got the passports in Feb 2017.

(not sure if we need not register them at the High Commission as we registered them as Singaporeans at birth - my partner is Singaporean)

2 - Of course not.

3 - O focurse not. Will be his choice at 21 which one to keep.

4- No. The UK has a famously relaxed view of dual nationality, actually many people do have dual nationality UK/ another passport that doesn't allow dual nationality. The UK makes it clear though that they will not help in a dispute with your other nationality.