Singapore Expats

Company formation agents

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
AussieRules

Company formation agents

Post by AussieRules » Fri, 04 Aug 2017 4:39 am

Following on from a topic I started earlier can anybody recount their exeriences of company formation agents ?
I understand that specifically naming companies in topics is frowned upon on this board and regarded as advertising, in that light feel free to message me if you can recomend a fast acting reputable agent.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Re: Company formation agents

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 04 Aug 2017 5:10 am

Our rules here are that you cannot personally flog your own company or a colleague or any situation where you stand to benefit by advertising in the forums.

We encourage those who have used companies, services, and individuals in Singapore to relate their experiences, bearing in mind, of course, the somewhat draconian libel laws in Singapore, aka Disneyland with the death penalty.

Leaving aside the issue of a rented director for the moment, most of these companies are pretty over-priced for what they do... it's S$325 to file for a company, and most competent CPA's will do the whole thing for $1500 to $2000 or less, all in. You get minutes, directors resolutions, memorandum of incorporation... all the boilerplate stuff that makes you legal and retains your corporate shield.

Most of the formation companies want to charge a lot more for setting up a company, then add on even more dough for things like applying for an EP for you... and they are not very damn good at that, either, from several of the posts I have seen from people incorporating to get their own EP.

The rented director is a whole different picture, and since they want to own your director, and be your company secretary, your accountant, your bookkeeper, and your auditor in order to give you a director, you would want to shop around for the best prices for these services.

Again, we do encourage those who have experience or knowledge to please chime in.