Singapore Expats

Friends of Similar Profile Applied PR; One Approved, One Pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
shutterbug20

Friends of Similar Profile Applied PR; One Approved, One Pending

Post by shutterbug20 » Wed, 02 Aug 2017 11:43 am

Hi there,

My friend and I applied for PR together in Jan 2017; we both have the similar profile but he just got approved recently in Jul 2017, while mine is still pending :???: .

Our profile:
Malaysian
Chinese
24yo
Similar salary range
2 years of working experience in Singapore

The only difference is our employment history.

My friend has only one employer throughout the 2 years of working; while I have changed employers for 3 times (actually 2 times, please refer to the timeline below):

My Employment History:
Jul 2015 - Sep 2015 : Company A
Oct 2015 - Sep 2016 : Company B*
Oct 2016 - Present : Company C*
*Company B & C are related companies.

I was initially hired by Company B, but actually working in Company C office all the time. However a few months later, the directors of Company B & C had disputes and they decided to transfer my headcount to Company C & continue working in Company C. I also still got my bonus for Year 2016 from Company C.

Is this why ICA still pending my application for evaluation due to my job-hopping history?

I did nothing wrong about this... Hopefully ICA can look up in the Business Profiles of both Companies and found out that both of them are under the same directorship... I didn't highlight this in the PR application though... Maybe I should write them an email? Please advise.

Thank you.
Last edited by shutterbug20 on Thu, 03 Aug 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: Friends of Similar Profile Applied PR; One Approved, One Pending

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 02 Aug 2017 11:49 am

shutterbug20 wrote:Hi there,

My friend and I applied for PR together in Jan 2017; we both have the similar profile but he just got approved recently in Jul 2017, while mine is still pending :???: .

Our profile:
Malaysian
Chinese
24yo
Similar salary range

My friend has only one employer throughout the 2 years of working; while I have changed employers for 3 times (actually 2 times, please refer to the timeline below):

My Employment History:

I was initially hired by Company B, but actually working in Company C office all the time. However a few months later, the directors of Company B & C had disputes and they decided to transfer my headcount to Company C & continue working in Company C. I also still got my bonus for Year 2016 from Company C.

Is this why ICA still pending my application for evaluation due to my job-hopping history?

I did nothing wrong about this... Hopefully ICA can look up in the Business Profiles of both Companies and found out that both of them are under the same directorship... I didn't highlight this in the PR application though... Maybe I should write them an email? Please advise.

Thank you.
Patience is a virtue ....

It will come , just relax :mrgreen:
Life is short, paddle harder!!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 02 Aug 2017 11:54 am

shutterbug20 wrote:Hi there,

Our profile:
Malaysian
Chinese
24yo
Similar salary range

My Employment History:

Thank you.
They look into things that are into more of details than what you have described here... Your email will not help in the decision that they make.

No two profiles are the same. You have difference in employment history, education (where and what you studied), age, family history etc?

shutterbug20

Post by shutterbug20 » Wed, 02 Aug 2017 12:31 pm

singaporeflyer wrote: They look into things that are into more of details than what you have described here... Your email will not help in the decision that they make.

No two profiles are the same. You have difference in employment history, education (where and what you studied), age, family history etc?
Thanks for your advice. I will wait patiently for the results... Btw, our profiles has the similar:

Education: same university, Bachelor Degree
Family: 4 members in the family, who currently resides in Malaysia
Last edited by shutterbug20 on Thu, 03 Aug 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 02 Aug 2017 12:40 pm

shutterbug20 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote: They look into things that are into more of details than what you have described here... Your email will not help in the decision that they make.

Thanks for your advice. I will wait patiently for the results... Btw, our profiles has the similar:

We keep on saying no two profiles are the same. Guess you won't accept this. There is a section in the PR Form which has a section on Family Background. Do you mean to say both of the families have members who work in the same occupation, same number of brothers and sisters, etc?

shutterbug20

Post by shutterbug20 » Wed, 02 Aug 2017 1:46 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
shutterbug20 wrote:

We keep on saying no two profiles are the same. Guess you won't accept this. There is a section in the PR Form which has a section on Family Background. Do you mean to say both of the families have members who work in the same occupation, same number of brothers and sisters, etc?

Dear Singapore Flyer,

I accept what you say & appreciate for your input.

It's true that I might have taken the wrong basis to compare my friend's profile with mine to interpret ICA's decision since every profile is unique, so what I said about the 'only difference is employment history' is invalid.

I just wish to clarify with you that from the beginning of the post to this comment, I mentioned nothing about 'same', but 'similar'. Hope you can note the vocabulary differences instead of misinterpretation.

Spread positive energies.

Thanks. :D
Last edited by shutterbug20 on Thu, 03 Aug 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 02 Aug 2017 4:25 pm

shutterbug20 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
shutterbug20 wrote:

Dear Singapore Flyer,

I accept what you say & appreciate for your input.

It's true that I might have taken the wrong basis to compare my friend's profile with mine to interpret ICA's decision since every profile is unique, so what I said about the 'only difference is employment history' is invalid.

I just wish to clarify with you that from the beginning of the post to this comment, I mentioned nothing about 'same', but 'similar'. Hope you can note the vocabulary differences instead of misinterpretation.

I didn't spread anything negative. You can google and see that same and similar share the same meaning. Google for "similar synonym"

Even now I say that you will eventually get your PR

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 02 Aug 2017 8:41 pm

Oooh oooh o I know the difference! One of your is circumcised and the other is not!
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 03 Aug 2017 7:12 am

shutterbug20 wrote: I just wish to clarify with you that from the beginning of the post to this comment, I mentioned nothing about 'same', but 'similar'. Hope you can note the vocabulary differences instead of misinterpretation.

And... Only hear good news.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Thu, 03 Aug 2017 1:45 pm

OP isn't the brightest tool, a little pointless deleting posts if they are already quoted.

Maybe this is the cause of the delay... :D

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 03 Aug 2017 2:26 pm

Can Moderators restore the title of the thread alone?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 03 Aug 2017 3:01 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:Can Moderators restore the title of the thread alone?
Taaa Daaaa! :cool:

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 03 Aug 2017 3:03 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:

Thanks

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 04 Aug 2017 6:02 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:

Thanks
Damn, the title had just become "a" ...

what a joker ...