Singapore Expats

Rejected REP application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
confuseda

Rejected REP application

Post by confuseda » Tue, 01 Aug 2017 10:58 pm

So, I have been a PR for over 20 years and my parents are still living in SG and are PRs. For the last few years, I have gone overseas to study and recently found a job to gain some experience here. However, when renewing my REP recently, it was rejected. Is there a certain amount of time required to stay in Singapore to maintain the PR status? And can I reapply? My REP will expire in 1 month and might lose PR status along with it. Any help is appreciated! Thanks! :???:

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Rejected REP application

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 01 Aug 2017 11:40 pm

Need more information.

Are you male or female?

How many is the last few years? Have you previously got a REP while overseas?

If your current REP is expiring in 1 month, you need to get back to Singapore before it expires. Otherwise, your PR will be repealed. At least if you are back in Singapore and retain your PR, you are in a better position to appeal. I judge that if you stay overseas, they will assume you don't want to come back.

confuseda

Post by confuseda » Tue, 01 Aug 2017 11:52 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:Need more information.

Are you male or female?

If your current REP is expiring in 1 month, you need to get back to Singapore before it expires. Otherwise, your PR will be repealed. At least if you are back in Singapore and retain your PR, you are in a better position to appeal. I judge that if you stay overseas, they will assume you don't want to come back.
Thanks for your information! I am female and have been overseas for 5 years. Yes, I previously got a REP about 2 years ago when I was in college and who can I contact to try for an appeal?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 02 Aug 2017 6:25 am

The gahmen is cracking down on REP renewal overseas - we've known that for awhile. Return to Singapore, find a job and then reapply for an REP from inside Singapore while employed.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 02 Aug 2017 6:55 am

confuseda wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:Need more information.

Are you male or female?

Thanks for your information! I am female and have been overseas for 5 years. Yes, I previously got a REP about 2 years ago when I was in college and who can I contact to try for an appeal?
If you got a REP 2 years ago, then you got a 2 year REP and that means you were already on the radar for not living in Singapore... 5 years is the norm. Now, you've been living out of the country for 5 years, and to the gahmen, there doesn't seem to be anything "permanent" about you at all, except that you seem to be permanently out of the country.

I agree with PNGMK... get back to Singapore, get a job and get the renewal... and get back before your current REP expires or you won't be getting back at all. The 2 year REP renewal was a warning to you.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 02 Aug 2017 10:53 am

confuseda wrote:So, I have been a PR for over 20 years and my parents are still living in SG and are PRs. For the last few years, I have gone overseas to study and recently found a job to gain some experience here. However, when renewing my REP recently, it was rejected. Is there a certain amount of time required to stay in Singapore to maintain the PR status? And can I reapply? My REP will expire in 1 month and might lose PR status along with it. Any help is appreciated! Thanks! :???:
Few years of study is 5 years?