Singapore Expats Forum

Best places for w-e trips in Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbs

Postby Bubbs » Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:47 am

The last postee lost me. Is he being rude, or giving advice?

Vanyh

Nice resort in Bintan

Postby Vanyh » Mon, 28 Feb 2005 3:59 pm

We plan to go to Bintan in Indonesia this week end (fri-sun), which resort would you recommend?
Our idea is to RELAAAX, so we dream of a room with a nice terasse and view to the sea. Would be perfect on the ground level and not too far from the sea.

Also awhat activities would you recommend? I'd love to do snorkelling but I heard it's too early (starts end of March)

Thanks!

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Tue, 01 Mar 2005 12:06 am

Anonymous wrote:thanks for your reply jpatokal, i didn't know the buses take only 2 hours to get there! which buses/bus companies would you recommend, where are they located and do they have websites where i can read more about them? do you think buses and taxis are safe for solitary female travellers as well?

Your first time in Thailand, I see... you sure you really want to go to Pattaya? :shock:

Public buses in Thailand are operated by the state company BKS. Their buses to Pattaya leave from the Eastern Terminal (Ekamai), easily accessible by Skytrain, and your sole choice is 1st class aircon (good) and 2nd class non-aircon (bad). Buses are very safe, and taxis are also quite OK.

Your destination for more Bangkok info than you can shake a stick at:
http://wikitravel.org/en/Bangkok