Singapore Expats

Part Time Nursery Care in Singapore?

Juggling family and work is never easy. Discuss about it here.
bec010

Part Time Nursery Care in Singapore?

Post by bec010 » Mon, 31 Jul 2017 8:38 am

Hi Mums,

My husband and I will be moving to SIngapore in October, with both of us working (he will be full time, I will be 4 days per week) and I'm trying to understand the care options available for our baby. What I would really like is for our daughter (9 months) to go to part time day care and have a part-time helper so that she can have a mix of social/development time but also then some more calm home time.

Are infant care centres in Singapore only available 5 days per week? I notice there are some that do half day options but that must still be 5 days?

I understand that I would then need to perhaps get a transfer or PR maid for part-time (live out) work which may be more expensive but hoping I can find this through my networks.

Advice or thoughts on this arrangement would really be appreciated!

Thanks,
Bec

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Part Time Nursery Care in Singapore?

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 31 Jul 2017 11:42 am

bec010 wrote:Hi Mums,

My husband and I will be moving to SIngapore in October, with both of us working (he will be full time, I will be 4 days per week) and I'm trying to understand the care options available for our baby. What I would really like is for our daughter (9 months) to go to part time day care and have a part-time helper so that she can have a mix of social/development time but also then some more calm home time.

Are infant care centres in Singapore only available 5 days per week? I notice there are some that do half day options but that must still be 5 days?

I understand that I would then need to perhaps get a transfer or PR maid for part-time (live out) work which may be more expensive but hoping I can find this through my networks.

Advice or thoughts on this arrangement would really be appreciated!

Thanks,
Bec
If you have the wherewithal (money) anything is possible. If not your cheapest option is a living maid and a day care. There some weekend care centres but harder to find. There's thousands of transfer maids around - the problem is finding a good one.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Part Time Nursery Care in Singapore?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 31 Jul 2017 6:11 pm

PNGMK wrote: If not your cheapest option is a living maid and a day care. There some weekend care centres but harder to find. There's thousands of transfer maids around - the problem is finding a good one.
You mean you can actually hire maids that aren't living? :lol: :lol: :P :mrgreen:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers