Singapore Expats Forum

Help needed on MOM rejection for me to marry foriegner

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Help needed on MOM rejection for me to marry foriegner

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 31 Jul 2017 4:53 pm

lee85 wrote:exactly that is my point! even if a Singaporean would like to marry a Work Pass holder is already so difficult. I am sure that it is even more difficult for PR.

I didn't know who's side you were on, initially :D

Agreed, it's gonna be a pretty much uphill task for OP.

If the OP doesn't plan to get any form of residency for his wife, nothing to stop him though, like a Close Singaporean friend is forced to do: Married a WP holder, wife living in JB, husband visits on weekends, once every 6 months or so, wife can come to Singapore for a month to visit the child, and then go back to Malaysia.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 31 Jul 2017 6:20 pm

Do some searching of this forum using my nick and 'nephew'. I've discussed this very problem at some length several times over the past 7 or 8 years. See just what kind of hell the Singapore Government can create. My G. Niece is now 9 years old and doesn't have a mother because of these silly policies and IS being raised by the father (albeit with my wife & I doing the bulk of raising her). I'm getting too old for this crap! :mad:

taxico
Director
Director

Postby taxico » Mon, 31 Jul 2017 6:44 pm

aside from becoming an SC, maybe the OP needs to figure out how to earn a bigger salary, and other concrete means to justify to the authorities why his prospective wife will not be a drain on state resources (insurance + health report?), and prove that they did not meet each other while she was working in singapore on WP.

that seems to address the bulk of what the parliamentary reply brought up...

however, without knowing the reasons for rejection, it's hard to say if the above is enough. perhaps that's the first thing the OP should do - bug the officers until a reason emerges.

if all else fails... there's always PRC...
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 31 Jul 2017 8:35 pm

taxico wrote:aside from becoming an SC, maybe the OP needs to figure out how to earn a bigger salary, and other concrete means to justify to the authorities why his prospective wife will not be a drain on state resources (insurance + health report?), and prove that they did not meet each other while she was working in singapore on WP.

When in comes to WP marriage, MOM is as tough as mindef / NS. I know few living proof of even SCs being split from WP wives who were refused permission.

PR, maybe better luck, or not!!

Lostsoul

Postby Lostsoul » Wed, 02 Aug 2017 4:55 pm

actually i have had SC friends who married ladies from Clubs/Ktvs from Thailand/PRC/Vietnam. They were all on the entertainer work permit if I recall.

Not sure about OP's financial situation - but my friends' wives all received approval from MOM and subsequently LTVP. PRs are hit and miss. Those with kids do receive their PRs. My friends are earning in the 5k - 10k per month bracket and in their early-late 30s.

Is SC so much > than a PR?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 02 Aug 2017 5:48 pm

Lostsoul wrote:Is SC so much > than a PR?

Approval is not related to the Applicant spouse being on SC or PR, I think.

It depends on which WP the person was, maid - next to NO, others, MAYBE .. and so and so.

SC > PR ?

Do I still need to answer the question ? :)

PS, For info ONLY, my SC Friend taxi driver took a long long long time before even ICA consider his wife for LTVP, even though she was not on WP before ;) Even though the kid born in between was SC but not the mummy !!

Peezahut

Postby Peezahut » Tue, 17 Oct 2017 9:21 am

just an update to those who have contributed to this thread before. MOM has approved our marriage. Turns out all they want is proof of my income.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 17 Oct 2017 2:03 pm

Peezahut wrote:just an update to those who have contributed to this thread before. MOM has approved our marriage. Turns out all they want is proof of my income.
Congrats