Singapore Expats

Help needed on MOM rejection for me to marry foriegner

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Help needed on MOM rejection for me to marry foriegner

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 31 Jul 2017 4:53 pm

lee85 wrote:exactly that is my point! even if a Singaporean would like to marry a Work Pass holder is already so difficult. I am sure that it is even more difficult for PR.
I didn't know who's side you were on, initially :D

Agreed, it's gonna be a pretty much uphill task for OP.

If the OP doesn't plan to get any form of residency for his wife, nothing to stop him though, like a Close Singaporean friend is forced to do: Married a WP holder, wife living in JB, husband visits on weekends, once every 6 months or so, wife can come to Singapore for a month to visit the child, and then go back to Malaysia.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 31 Jul 2017 6:20 pm

Do some searching of this forum using my nick and 'nephew'. I've discussed this very problem at some length several times over the past 7 or 8 years. See just what kind of hell the Singapore Government can create. My G. Niece is now 9 years old and doesn't have a mother because of these silly policies and IS being raised by the father (albeit with my wife & I doing the bulk of raising her). I'm getting too old for this crap! :mad:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Mon, 31 Jul 2017 6:44 pm

aside from becoming an SC, maybe the OP needs to figure out how to earn a bigger salary, and other concrete means to justify to the authorities why his prospective wife will not be a drain on state resources (insurance + health report?), and prove that they did not meet each other while she was working in singapore on WP.

that seems to address the bulk of what the parliamentary reply brought up...

however, without knowing the reasons for rejection, it's hard to say if the above is enough. perhaps that's the first thing the OP should do - bug the officers until a reason emerges.

if all else fails... there's always PRC...
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 31 Jul 2017 8:35 pm

taxico wrote:aside from becoming an SC, maybe the OP needs to figure out how to earn a bigger salary, and other concrete means to justify to the authorities why his prospective wife will not be a drain on state resources (insurance + health report?), and prove that they did not meet each other while she was working in singapore on WP.
When in comes to WP marriage, MOM is as tough as mindef / NS. I know few living proof of even SCs being split from WP wives who were refused permission.

PR, maybe better luck, or not!!

Lostsoul

Post by Lostsoul » Wed, 02 Aug 2017 4:55 pm

actually i have had SC friends who married ladies from Clubs/Ktvs from Thailand/PRC/Vietnam. They were all on the entertainer work permit if I recall.

Not sure about OP's financial situation - but my friends' wives all received approval from MOM and subsequently LTVP. PRs are hit and miss. Those with kids do receive their PRs. My friends are earning in the 5k - 10k per month bracket and in their early-late 30s.

Is SC so much > than a PR?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 02 Aug 2017 5:48 pm

Lostsoul wrote:Is SC so much > than a PR?
Approval is not related to the Applicant spouse being on SC or PR, I think.

It depends on which WP the person was, maid - next to NO, others, MAYBE .. and so and so.

SC > PR ?

Do I still need to answer the question ? :)

PS, For info ONLY, my SC Friend taxi driver took a long long long time before even ICA consider his wife for LTVP, even though she was not on WP before ;) Even though the kid born in between was SC but not the mummy !!

Peezahut

Post by Peezahut » Tue, 17 Oct 2017 9:21 am

just an update to those who have contributed to this thread before. MOM has approved our marriage. Turns out all they want is proof of my income.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 17 Oct 2017 2:03 pm

Peezahut wrote:just an update to those who have contributed to this thread before. MOM has approved our marriage. Turns out all they want is proof of my income.
Congrats

KTFairy

Post by KTFairy » Wed, 14 Nov 2018 2:56 pm

Hello ..I need some help on how to enter singapore again. I am a filipina and married to filipino/spr. I was a WP holder before and finished my 6mos last Jan 2018. And got married May 2018. I came to SG last June 2018. My husband applied for LTVP but was rejected. So I had to go back to Ph. This Nov 2018 I travelled back to SG but refused an entry I got A2A. They said I commited a violation which was not disclosed to me. But I assumed that Its something to do witb my marriage. I was not aware that I need to seek MOM approval to get married to SPR. We been together for 11yrs and have a 8 yrs old son. Thank you for the answer.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Wed, 14 Nov 2018 3:08 pm

Your violation is you didn't seek permission to marry a SPR. If you have a search on these forums you will see the news is not good for you. It's unlikely you will be allowed into Sg, for a very long time if at all. Our own SMS can tell you how it breaks up families.

https://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/foreign-work ... t-resident

KTFairy

Post by KTFairy » Wed, 14 Nov 2018 4:28 pm

Thanks for the respond. Is there anything we can do? Because I wasn't aware of that. Any advise on what step we should do for me to visit my husband again. Being in a long distance relationship is not easy and mostly didnt work out.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 14 Nov 2018 9:18 pm

KTFairy wrote:Thanks for the respond. Is there anything we can do? Because I wasn't aware of that. Any advise on what step we should do for me to visit my husband again. Being in a long distance relationship is not easy and mostly didnt work out.
Not knowing the law is never an acceptable excuse but try to appeal, you've got nothing to lose. Your only stronger point is having together 8yo son but be prepared to address question like these:
- why you didn't marry earlier?
- how frequently you visited each other (as you rise now the point of not easy long distance relationship).
In other words, your only chance as I see it is to convince ICA that these 11years you were in genuine, common law marriage. Personally I think your chances are rather slim.

KTFairy

Post by KTFairy » Wed, 14 Nov 2018 9:59 pm

Thanks again for the respond. We didnt get married earlier because he didnt know also that his 1st marriage was annuled before i conceived our son. He only knew when he changed job and gather documents that he needed for the job. To his surprised his marriage was null and void since 2008. His wife forged documents to get their marriage annulled. I gave birth 2010. He found out about his annullment 2013. That time we didnt decide to get married because our relationship got bumpy because of distance but we didnt separate and still visit him often. Atleast 2 to 3x in a year. We didnt get married because we decide not to. I got a job as a performing artiste for 6 mos in 2011. I accepted that because i will be staying for 6mos. More time to be with him. Then after WP finished in 2012. I decided to continue my study and finished my degree in 2016. Tried my luck to find work in Sg but failed. And ended up with WP. It was 2017 and finished Jan 2018. And we decided to get married in May 2018. My bad because i didnt know the rules. It was not discussed to me. And didnt read the contract properly.

Yan0823

Post by Yan0823 » Wed, 07 Oct 2020 1:44 pm

Hi,

Just wanna ask, did you get an approval already? And how long the entry ban?