Singapore Expats

Help for Stern Admit: Management Consulting or non-Ibanking career?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
JoeClark

Help for Stern Admit: Management Consulting or non-Ibanking career?

Post by JoeClark » Wed, 26 Jul 2017 6:21 pm

Hello,

I have received an admit from NYU Stern for the FT program.
I am not sure if I want to get into investment banking given that I am married and it would take a toll on my family life. Management consulting is one of the options. For class of 2014 28% got full-time jobs in consulting compared to 27% in banking. As Stern does not reveal exact number of students placed in each company, does anyone have any idea about the management consulting recruitment at Stern in the last few years? Are they getting better at Consulting? How many are the MBBs hiriing here? I checked a lot resourses management consulting video for help but wasnt satisfied. 3* in the employment report does not really help.

Another role I would be targeting is Corporate Strategy or in firms like Liberty Mutual. I also have investment management experience so if Stern gives me good options in investment management I might be open to that. In the short-term I am ok with being in the NYC area but I might want to get out of here after a few years (move to South or West Coast).

I know my goals seem all over the place but I need to have full clarity as to what would be my realistic goals while at Stern.

Any inputs would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Help for Stern Admit: Management Consulting or non-Ibanking career?

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 26 Jul 2017 9:51 pm

Why are you, located in Pune, posting this to a Singapore forum?