Singapore Expats

Getting the SPR for my retired parents

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
taxico
Director
Director

Re: Getting the SPR for my retired parents

Post by taxico » Wed, 26 Jul 2017 2:27 pm

side note: an older person may bleed more and will have to be poked at multiple sites before a successful draw... for some patients, this is not a good thing.

my interruption ends here. sorry. : )
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

J-the traveler

Post by J-the traveler » Wed, 26 Jul 2017 6:21 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
J-the traveler wrote:Hi PNGNK,

LTVP will requires to have medical check up every 5 years if we wish to get it renewal. We cannot guarantee one will has healthy body especially when people getting older.
They check for TB and HIV only. How do you feel that age will have an impact on these tests?

Look at ecureils post, someone 'mum has been living in Singapore under LTVP for many many years. Somehow her LTVP been reduced from 10,5, then 2. Eventually, her LTVP will become 6 months.?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 26 Jul 2017 6:53 pm

J-the traveler wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

LTVP will requires to have medical check up every 5 years if we wish to get it renewal. We cannot guarantee one will has healthy body especially when people getting older.
They check for TB and HIV only. How do you feel that age will have an impact on these tests?

Look at ecureils post, someone 'mum has been living in Singapore under LTVP for many many years. Somehow her LTVP been reduced from 10,5, then 2. Eventually, her LTVP will become 6 months.?
So what? As long as they get LTVP it should be ok?

You also didn't answer my earlier post on how HIV Test and TB Test will change with age?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 26 Jul 2017 8:04 pm

J-the traveler wrote: Look at ecureils post, someone 'mum has been living in Singapore under LTVP for many many years. Somehow her LTVP been reduced from 10,5, then 2. Eventually, her LTVP will become 6 months.?
And you know likewise PR too is not a life time thing.

I do know folks who landed 1 year REP.

J-the traveler

Post by J-the traveler » Wed, 26 Jul 2017 8:23 pm

ecureilx wrote:
J-the traveler wrote: Look at ecureils post, someone 'mum has been living in Singapore under LTVP for many many years. Somehow her LTVP been reduced from 10,5, then 2. Eventually, her LTVP will become 6 months.?
And you know likewise PR too is not a life time thing.

I do know folks who landed 1 year REP.
Noted with thanks

J-the traveler

Post by J-the traveler » Wed, 26 Jul 2017 8:25 pm

PNGMK wrote:
J-the traveler wrote:We will shout at all of you if we managed to get SPR for aged parents (just kidding) or shout at gahmen like hell if got rejected (most likely)
It seems to me the chances is very slim 00000000000.1 or even none?

Thank you for the information and cases sharing by all of you. Now, It made me think of back up plan for our own. Another 10 to 15 years we will might in the list and be abandoned by gahmen?

I bet some of you either
1) ex SPR and live in overseas
2)ex singaporean and now live in overseas
3) singaporean live in overseas
No comment but yes you should have a plan. There's a reason a lot of MY migrate to Australia (they can sponsor their parents with a bond for medical care).
Noted with thanks

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Wed, 26 Jul 2017 9:52 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:

I recall they also do a non-specific cancer test (CEA) and also liver/renal function test. Any of the above raising flags likely to be grounds for exclusion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 27 Jul 2017 9:25 am

BBCDoc wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

I recall they also do a non-specific cancer test (CEA) and also liver/renal function test. Any of the above raising flags likely to be grounds for exclusion

are you sure? Because the form on the ICA website shows only 2 tests

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 27 Jul 2017 9:35 am

BBCDoc wrote: I recall they also do a non-specific cancer test (CEA) and also liver/renal function test. Any of the above raising flags likely to be grounds for exclusion
Singapore hasn't reach the state like some developed nations where medical risks are cause for rejection, or so I believe.

If it was otherwise, there would be no rich Indonesian and Filipino retirees getting year round treatment in Singapore.

Apologies if that's not correct ;)

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 27 Jul 2017 10:19 am

ecureilx wrote:
BBCDoc wrote: I recall they also do a non-specific cancer test (CEA) and also liver/renal function test. Any of the above raising flags likely to be grounds for exclusion
Singapore hasn't reach the state like some developed nations where medical risks are cause for rejection, or so I believe.

If it was otherwise, there would be no rich Indonesian and Filipino retirees getting year round treatment in Singapore.

Apologies if that's not correct ;)
I am fairly sure they are paying for that.

Much like everyones' favourite genocidal dictator Mugabe , comes here all the time , as long as you got the readies available anything is possible here. :cool:
Life is short, paddle harder!!

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Thu, 27 Jul 2017 10:31 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
BBCDoc wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

My mother did the medical at Raffles, and received a few test results beyond HIV and TB. But those two are immediate black marks

There's always room for one more

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 27 Jul 2017 10:51 am

BBCDoc wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
BBCDoc wrote:

My mother did the medical at Raffles, and received a few test results beyond HIV and TB. But those two are immediate black marks

Not sure as the ICA website lists just the 2 tests in the form

https://www.ica.gov.sg/services_centre_ ... &secid=171

Actually, just confirmed with my friend who did LTVP that the tests were only HIV and TB Tests.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 27 Jul 2017 12:23 pm

BBCDoc wrote: My mother did the medical at Raffles, and received a few test results beyond HIV and TB. But those two are immediate black marks
Doctors like to practice their profession.

My regular doctor likes to check my lungs, height, weight, for records purposes ;)

And the previous company doctor used to subject staff to simple Stress test, color blindness test, general BP and all, even when staff went for HIV/TB tests :D The extra tests were complimentary of course.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 27 Jul 2017 4:14 pm

ecureilx wrote:
BBCDoc wrote: My mother did the medical at Raffles, and received a few test results beyond HIV and TB. But those two are immediate black marks
Doctors like to practice their profession.

My regular doctor likes to check my lungs, height, weight, for records purposes ;)

And the previous company doctor used to subject staff to simple Stress test, color blindness test, general BP and all, even when staff went for HIV/TB tests :D The extra tests were complimentary of course.
Always handy for the powers that be to have access to any information about you when required.

They can then make a better informed decision about you. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

8-[ 8-[
Life is short, paddle harder!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 27 Jul 2017 6:00 pm

Barnsley wrote: Always handy for the powers that be to have access to any information about you when required.

They can then make a better informed decision about you. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

8-[ 8-[
I do believe MOH is implementing centralised patient records system, so any doctor's records are now getting archived somewhere, some place ..

And what the public know of course, is Doctors do submit their own reports to MOH and govt agencies. No clue what the recipient does with that volume of data.