Singapore Expats Forum

3 months penalty for resigning

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

lex84
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 25 Jul 2017

3 months penalty for resigning

Postby lex84 » Tue, 25 Jul 2017 11:32 am

Hi Guys,

Sorry to disturb. i dunno how can i post here to get advice.

I am in deep trouble and i don’t know what should i do.

I have been working in my company A for around 1 year 3 months. Recently, i have found a job and have resigned and move on to company B.

But in order to resign, i have to pay 3 months compensation. apart of this, i still have to serve 45 days notice. initially my new hiring company B agree to wait for me for 45 days and pay for my 3 months penalty. however, company A refused to look into my resignation especially the 45 days notice portion resulting in a delay of my resignation and as a result i could not serve full 45 days as company B unwilling to wait for me further. End up my last salary was deducted for more than 50% when i move on to company B.

This is not all. When i join company B, the 3 months penalty never come in and end up i have to pay company A myself. I have went around borrowing money from friends and taking up bank loan. Till now, i have paid around 90% of the 3 months penalty. There is still a remaining of 10% which is around 1.3k. company A refuse to negotiate and request me to pay up almost immediately. Not even willing to allow me to pay by instalments. I am running out of options as i already deeply into bank debt especially my baby is merely one year old. I still have my own reno loan to pay as well.

Right from the start, company A refuses any negotiation regardless of waiver of the amount or reducing of the 45 days notice (my manager initially agreed to allow me to serve 30 days notice but later stage HR changed). My last pay was eaten up totally also, meaning i work free for the whole last month for company A.

May i check what can i do or what should i do? Will i get jailed for failing to pay up the remaining 1.3k? What will company A do to me? I dun dare to share it with my wife as she is pregnant with my second child. I am really lost and worry. As for company B, i questioned them why was there a change of plan. They merely amended my contract and told me if i not happy, i can leave. But i need a job. So is another bloody lies.

User avatar
Singaporeuser2007
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun, 18 Jun 2017

Re: 3 months penalty for resigning

Postby Singaporeuser2007 » Tue, 25 Jul 2017 12:15 pm

lex84 wrote:Hi Guys,

Sorry to disturb. i dunno how can i post here to get advice.

I am in deep trouble and i don’t know what should i do.

I have been working in my company A for around 1 year 3 months. Recently, i have found a job and have resigned and move on to company B.

But in order to resign, i have to pay 3 months compensation. apart of this, i still have to serve 45 days notice. initially my new hiring company B agree to wait for me for 45 days and pay for my 3 months penalty. however, company A refused to look into my resignation especially the 45 days notice portion resulting in a delay of my resignation and as a result i could not serve full 45 days as company B unwilling to wait for me further. End up my last salary was deducted for more than 50% when i move on to company B.

This is not all. When i join company B, the 3 months penalty never come in and end up i have to pay company A myself. I have went around borrowing money from friends and taking up bank loan. Till now, i have paid around 90% of the 3 months penalty. There is still a remaining of 10% which is around 1.3k. company A refuse to negotiate and request me to pay up almost immediately. Not even willing to allow me to pay by instalments. I am running out of options as i already deeply into bank debt especially my baby is merely one year old. I still have my own reno loan to pay as well.

Right from the start, company A refuses any negotiation regardless of waiver of the amount or reducing of the 45 days notice (my manager initially agreed to allow me to serve 30 days notice but later stage HR changed). My last pay was eaten up totally also, meaning i work free for the whole last month for company A.

May i check what can i do or what should i do? Will i get jailed for failing to pay up the remaining 1.3k? What will company A do to me? I dun dare to share it with my wife as she is pregnant with my second child. I am really lost and worry. As for company B, i questioned them why was there a change of plan. They merely amended my contract and told me if i not happy, i can leave. But i need a job. So is another bloody lies.
Sorry to hear about your experienced.
My opinion might not help much since I'm
Not sure what's stated in your contract ,
But most of the time those terms and conditions are not stand by your side for sure. Hence before signing any , we gonna be careful with each single words plus if there's any penalty involved.
If left with 1.3k just clear the payment .
I'm not sure if their contract are legal rights. (Certified by authorised person)
If needed you can always try to raised your concern to Ministry of Manpower.
Guess you're managerial roles hence the amount involved quite a lot.
As far as I know , there's no one company would liable to your lost. Unless you're impactful can help the Company raised sales revenue significantly.
Try request your company for lend you the money/advance salary. Let you go through this climate period.
I hope everything goes well & all the best.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests