Singapore Expats

Epass, Ltvp, Rom

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
diamond23

Epass, Ltvp, Rom

Post by diamond23 » Mon, 24 Jul 2017 8:46 pm

Hello. Hope you are all good. I've been reading helpful topics here however I seek suggestions and answers for my situation. Thank you in advance for those who are willing to answer. :D

I have Singaporean Citizen boyfriend, known him for 13 years and we've been together for 4 years. He finished poly year 2016. Currently serving National Service for 1 year. After serving, he will go back to school and pursue a degree in a University. Since cost of living is high in SG we decided for me to leave my previous work and find one in SG for us to save money and he can buy house. I went SG March 2017, unfortunately, I didn't find spass because of quota. :( I came back May 2017 and when I reached the Immigration, I was sent to their office for clarifications. Luckily my return ticket is up to 30 days from my arrival. The officer stamped my visa for me to go home according to my return ticket. After 4 days staying in SG I found an employer and have applied me for spass but it was rejected due to no quota. My SC boss was stressed on how I can stay and work for him since he really wants to hire me so we have applied for EPass. I have to go back to my country since visa is expired. The epass was rejected. So we decided to apply for Pre-ltvp last week and waiting for results. My stay in sg is full genuine as to our goals as a couple and not to be in ldr anymore. My employer is willing to wait for me until I come back. Would want to come back in sg now but I am afraid I might get banned. :???:

Questions:
1. My boss is okay to appeal my epass but cannot support the documents needed by mom. The reason stated was 'There is significant increase from previous work'. Mom was asking for my 'Latest Notice of Assessment from IRAS'. Will I be able to get this if I haven't worked in sg before? If yes, how can I have one? My 'Personal Bank Statements, bank account number and electronic payment of salary' - My current bank accounts has no money since I used it on my trip in Sg. What are the chances oh having no money?

2. What are my chances if we will appeal my epass?

3. My boss supported our decision to tie the knot at rom and recently waiting for Pre-ltvp. I have read that cpf contributions is one criteria but my bf has few contributions. We want to try our luck and hope for the best.

Let's say the results wasn't approved, can I ask the ica that I have an employer that is willing to sponsor me? If yes, how do I appeal for that? We can still rom on October right? Will pursue the rom regardless the results because I have read that period of marriage is considered. Will having a company sponsor if I apply for ltvp have higher chance of approval? How can I convince mom that I have a company sponsor?

4. We really want to pursue so my bf can buy a house. What are other suggestions for me to come back and work in sg?

marie_katie

Re: Epass, Ltvp, Rom

Post by marie_katie » Tue, 25 Jul 2017 3:18 pm

Hello. Hope you are all good. I've been reading helpful topics here however I seek suggestions and answers for my situation. Thank you in advance for those who are willing to answer. :D
Hi there, hope this helps! I am no expert in this so just take my advice with a grain of salt.
I have Singaporean Citizen boyfriend, known him for 13 years and we've been together for 4 years. He finished poly year 2016. Currently serving National Service for 1 year. After serving, he will go back to school and pursue a degree in a University.
Honestly doesn't seems favorable in this situation because he's not working & they requires financial proof that he can support you in Singapore.
Since cost of living is high in SG we decided for me to leave my previous work and find one in SG for us to save money and he can buy house.
How old are both of you? Where are you from & what job experience/education do you have? I think all these matters when you apply for ltvp.
I went SG March 2017, unfortunately, I didn't find spass because of quota. :( I came back May 2017 and when I reached the Immigration, I was sent to their office for clarifications. Luckily my return ticket is up to 30 days from my arrival. The officer stamped my visa for me to go home according to my return ticket.
If they have a record of that, it won't look good on your application. They are pretty strict on female from asian countries especially when the visits to Singapore are so close together
After 4 days staying in SG I found an employer and have applied me for spass but it was rejected due to no quota. My SC boss was stressed on how I can stay and work for him since he really wants to hire me so we have applied for EPass. I have to go back to my country since visa is expired. The epass was rejected. So we decided to apply for Pre-ltvp last week and waiting for results. My stay in sg is full genuine as to our goals as a couple and not to be in ldr anymore. My employer is willing to wait for me until I come back. Would want to come back in sg now but I am afraid I might get banned. :???:
You won't get banned unless you over-stay but it might cause a black mark in your application because you applied pre-ltvp after you got rejected for SP and EP as it might look shady to the ICA Officers.
Questions:
1. My boss is okay to appeal my epass but cannot support the documents needed by mom. The reason stated was 'There is significant increase from previous work'. Mom was asking for my 'Latest Notice of Assessment from IRAS'. Will I be able to get this if I haven't worked in sg before? If yes, how can I have one? My 'Personal Bank Statements, bank account number and electronic payment of salary' - My current bank accounts has no money since I used it on my trip in Sg. What are the chances oh having no money?
It's hard to say what are your chances but in my personal opinion, i think your chances are pretty low because your bf/husband isn't working and you don't have any money. They would assume that you're out for visa scam and also your husband won't be able to provide for you financially.

Again, this is hard to say but what's the main reason it got rejected? Unqualified or no quota?
3. My boss supported our decision to tie the knot at rom and recently waiting for Pre-ltvp. I have read that cpf contributions is one criteria but my bf has few contributions. We want to try our luck and hope for the best.
CPF Contributions mainly to see if he have any income, this is the financial proof i am talking about. But it's based on case by case basis so no harm trying. But if i was the ICA officer, i would think it's shady because you decide to tie the knot after getting denied for work passes..

Let's say the results wasn't approved, can I ask the ica that I have an employer that is willing to sponsor me? If yes, how do I appeal for that? We can still rom on October right? Will pursue the rom regardless the results because I have read that period of marriage is considered. Will having a company sponsor if I apply for ltvp have higher chance of approval? How can I convince mom that I have a company sponsor?
4. We really want to pursue so my bf can buy a house. What are other suggestions for me to come back and work in sg?
If it gets rejected, you can write in an appeal (not sure how but i think you have to do it in writing and submit it online/mail?) But they only recommend to appeal IF any changes in your application like he got a job etc. You can still get married as a foreigner-SC couple. A period of less than 2 years of marriage won't be favorable i heard.
I don't know if having a company to sponsor will improve your chance of approval or not but it could potentially get it rejected based on the fact that they assume you are out for visa and only marry cause you want to move to Singapore.

Just wait till you get your Pre-ltvp (they will provide a LLE after approved which is valid for 1 year) and submit the LTVP after you ROM. You can still apply for LTVP even if your pre-ltvp rejected but high chance of rejection if you do go ahead with it too. Once your LTVP is approved then apply for LOC from MOM and your employer can hire you without quota.

Nonetheless good luck!

taxico
Director
Director

Re: Epass, Ltvp, Rom

Post by taxico » Wed, 26 Jul 2017 2:15 pm

diamond23 wrote:
...decided ...to leave my previous work and find one in SG

...I went SG March 2017, unfortunately, I didn't find spass because of quota.

...I came back May 2017 and when I reached the Immigration, I was sent to their office for clarifications.

...my return ticket is up to 30 days from my arrival. The officer stamped my visa for me to go home according to my return ticket.

...I found an employer and have applied me for spass but it was rejected due to no quota.

...he really wants to hire me so we have applied for EPass.

...I have to go back to my country since visa is expired.

...The epass was rejected.

...we decided to apply for Pre-ltvp last week and waiting for results.
what sort of employer can't calculate their quota? it's simple math and the silliest waste of money and time by anyone.

if you look at your history (listed above), it may seem like you're trying to game the system to find a way to live in singapore (which is your objective). how you go about doing it, needs to be planned, not just left in the hands of these strange would-be (?) employers applying wily-nily.

may i ask what sort of jobs were offered to you, the salary AND what sort (not name) of companies are looking to hire you?

also, what are your qualifications? what sort of job are you looking for?

the answers may help other forum members give you better advice on how to get a work pass.
diamond23 wrote: Questions:

1. no tax paid to IRAS = no NOA from IRAS.

do you pay taxes in your own country? perhaps you can furnish that. if you have no money in your account, then it is what it is.

2. probably quite low if you cannot justify why the same job has a salary increase... for no good reason.

3. good luck. i would assume the assessment is ICA's way of protecting their singaporean men, including the young ones.

employer sponsors your LTVP application via marriage? i'm not sure about that... besides, you have NO employer until you get a work pass. do you still need LTVP (or get married) if you have an EP or SP?

4. realistically, your bf cannot buy or obtain a flat within the next few years. you have 0 savings and no job. he has (probably) 0 savings AND not eligible to get job until 2018.

underaged and without a job, he (and you) are not able to get a bank/HDB loan.

so unless he's well-off, it will be about 2023/24 before he gets the keys to a BTO flat (2016 + 2 years NS + 5 years to build).

realistically, he will have to first get a job to get a loan. he will probably graduate in mid 2020.

(poly students graduate mid-year. he probably entered NS in Q3 or Q4 of 2016, so he will finish NS in late 2018. NTU school year begins in july, so if he only takes 1 year to graduate, he will graduate in mid 2020)

let's say he waits 6 months (2021) before applying for a flt = he will get the keys by 2026.

if he is well-off, you would not be in your current predicament. again, i might be wrong. you could be literally talking about a land dwelling house to be purchased by a tycoon's son.

if you are happy to marry him in October (or whenever) and to work and save from now until 2021 (say, for the 30%-40% downpayment?), then take your time to look for the RIGHT JOB with the RIGHT EMPLOYER.

if you are sufficiently qualified to get an EP on your own merits, then i suggest doing that instead of relying on an LTVP. (at the very least, it may give you some legitimacy in the eyes of ICA at a later time...?)

good luck to your job hunt and marriage.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam