Singapore Expats Forum

PR application rejected 4th time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
november12
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 24 Jul 2017

PR application rejected 4th time

Postby november12 » Mon, 24 Jul 2017 5:36 pm

Dear All,

I wanted some advice regarding my family's PR application.
Nationality : Indian
Family : Husband, Wife, 7 month old daughter born in Singapore
Household income at the time of last application : currently husband earning c.320K yearly (Banking) on PEP and wife earning c.150K yearly (Healthcare company strategy team) on EP
Both are masters degrees from very well-known Indian colleges (MBAs from IIT, IIM)
Husband staying since 2011 August, wife staying since December 2013 (married February 2013)

First application by husband alone in 2012 - got approved but he missed the date due to being out of job at that point of time.
Second Application - re-applied in June 2013 with wife but wife was working in india that time - rejected
Third application - re-applied in August 2015 with wife, husband salary 200K (with PEP), wife 100K (with LOC on DP), rejected within 2 months
Fourth application - re-applied in March 2017 with wife and daughter, husband salary 320K (PEP), wife salary 150K (EP), rejected in July 2017

I want to ask whether we should appeal or wait for 2-3 years to re-apply? Not sure what is causing these rejections. We have good education, earning well and have been constantly progressing as professionals, paying high taxes and committed to building a family in Singapore.

Changes since March 2017 application

- wife has got promoted with a salary of c.200k
- Husband has now come on EP as PEP duration of 5 years has ended
- Have passed Beginner levels 1&2 in Mandarin course run by Confucius Institute, NTU

Thanks!

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1256
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: PR application rejected 4th time

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 24 Jul 2017 5:42 pm

november12 wrote:Dear All,

I wanted some advice regarding my family's PR application.
Nationality : Indian
Family : Husband, Wife, 7 month old daughter born in Singapore
Household income at the time of last application : currently husband earning c.320K yearly (Banking) on PEP and wife earning c.150K yearly (Healthcare company strategy team) on EP
Both are masters degrees from very well-known Indian colleges (MBAs from IIT, IIM)
Husband staying since 2011 August, wife staying since December 2013 (married February 2013)

First application by husband alone in 2012 - got approved but he missed the date due to being out of job at that point of time.
Second Application - re-applied in June 2013 with wife but wife was working in india that time - rejected
Third application - re-applied in August 2015 with wife, husband salary 200K (with PEP), wife 100K (with LOC on DP), rejected within 2 months
Fourth application - re-applied in March 2017 with wife and daughter, husband salary 320K (PEP), wife salary 150K (EP), rejected in July 2017

I want to ask whether we should appeal or wait for 2-3 years to re-apply? Not sure what is causing these rejections. We have good education, earning well and have been constantly progressing as professionals, paying high taxes and committed to building a family in Singapore.

Changes since March 2017 application

- wife has got promoted with a salary of c.200k
- Husband has now come on EP as PEP duration of 5 years has ended
- Have passed Beginner levels 1&2 in Mandarin course run by Confucius Institute, NTU

Thanks!


Wait for 2-3 years and try again. Appeal won't help at all.

Good education, earning well, etc - Looks good when you view it and it is subjective. There is no need that ICA should see it the same way as you see.

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2100
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: PR application rejected 4th time

Postby Barnsley » Mon, 24 Jul 2017 6:44 pm

november12 wrote:Dear All,

I wanted some advice regarding my family's PR application.
Nationality : Indian
Family : Husband, Wife, 7 month old daughter born in Singapore
Household income at the time of last application : currently husband earning c.320K yearly (Banking) on PEP and wife earning c.150K yearly (Healthcare company strategy team) on EP
Both are masters degrees from very well-known Indian colleges (MBAs from IIT, IIM)
Husband staying since 2011 August, wife staying since December 2013 (married February 2013)

First application by husband alone in 2012 - got approved but he missed the date due to being out of job at that point of time.
Second Application - re-applied in June 2013 with wife but wife was working in india that time - rejected
Third application - re-applied in August 2015 with wife, husband salary 200K (with PEP), wife 100K (with LOC on DP), rejected within 2 months
Fourth application - re-applied in March 2017 with wife and daughter, husband salary 320K (PEP), wife salary 150K (EP), rejected in July 2017

I want to ask whether we should appeal or wait for 2-3 years to re-apply? Not sure what is causing these rejections. We have good education, earning well and have been constantly progressing as professionals, paying high taxes and committed to building a family in Singapore.

Changes since March 2017 application

- wife has got promoted with a salary of c.200k
- Husband has now come on EP as PEP duration of 5 years has ended
- Have passed Beginner levels 1&2 in Mandarin course run by Confucius Institute, NTU

Thanks!


Maybe Govt hope that you might leave country and some local folks get your jobs :D
Life is short, paddle harder!!

BBCDoc
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue, 05 Oct 2010
Location: Singapore

Re: PR application rejected 4th time

Postby BBCDoc » Mon, 24 Jul 2017 10:49 pm

Are you spending your money in Singapore, or sending the bulk of it offshore or back to India? How are you both personally helping the economy? Redistributing the wealth liberally with donations?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

lmw1982
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 05 Jun 2017

Re: PR application rejected 4th time

Postby lmw1982 » Mon, 24 Jul 2017 11:19 pm

One of my friend just his PR recently (first submission) with spass holder, single, far less salary than you and your wife, degree holder only and stay in Singapore less than 2 years.

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016

Re: PR application rejected 4th time

Postby jamie9vardy » Mon, 24 Jul 2017 11:28 pm

lmw1982 wrote:One of my friend just his PR recently (first submission) with spass holder, single, far less salary than you and your wife, degree holder only and stay in Singapore less than 2 years.

And your friend is a Malaysian Chinese?

Then he did not donate any blood or did no volunteer work?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9645
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PR application rejected 4th time

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 24 Jul 2017 11:33 pm

BBCDoc wrote:Are you spending your money in Singapore, or sending the bulk of it offshore or back to India? How are you both personally helping the economy? Redistributing the wealth liberally with donations?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Saving money here, never influenced ICAs decision, from what I know and seen.

Unless you talk about a couple of mils

lmw1982
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 05 Jun 2017

Re: PR application rejected 4th time

Postby lmw1982 » Mon, 24 Jul 2017 11:41 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
lmw1982 wrote:One of my friend just his PR recently (first submission) with spass holder, single, far less salary than you and your wife, degree holder only and stay in Singapore less than 2 years.

And your friend is a Malaysian Chinese?

Then he did not donate any blood or did no volunteer work?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Yes, he is Malaysian Chinese with no blood donation and volunteer work at all.
Do you purposely to do this for your application enhancement?

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2100
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: PR application rejected 4th time

Postby Barnsley » Tue, 25 Jul 2017 12:15 am

jamie9vardy wrote:
lmw1982 wrote:One of my friend just his PR recently (first submission) with spass holder, single, far less salary than you and your wife, degree holder only and stay in Singapore less than 2 years.

And your friend is a Malaysian Chinese?

Then he did not donate any blood or did no volunteer work?


:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Life is short, paddle harder!!

november12
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 24 Jul 2017

Re: PR application rejected 4th time

Postby november12 » Tue, 25 Jul 2017 2:38 am

Save all our money in singapore in the past 6 years. I wonder if just a couple of million will be enough to influence ICAs decision.
To help singapore economy we provide highly educated professionals who attract companies to set base in singapore, good children and to integrate into the society we are learning mandarin and are able to now listen, speak and read daily conversations.
My worry was if the rejection is due to the fact that we are Indians or because the husband had received approvals for PR when he applied alone in 2012 but he couldn't complete the formalities as he was out of job at that point of time. Both these things we can't change.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10511
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: PR application rejected 4th time

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 25 Jul 2017 5:59 am

Being Indian - doesn't help
Failure to take PR when offered - doesn't help
Making big bux at a multi-national bank - doesn't help

In fact, the last item can hurt. Theory is that if you are making that much money you are a senior executive. Senior executives in MNC's get transferred regularly, hence, they're not such hot candidates for _permanent_ residence... although, unlike US PR, Sing PR isn't really permanent at all... it has to be constantly renewed under ever changing rules.

If he has been in Singapore since Aug, 2011, he must have originally been on EP, and he must have been on EP when he applied for and was accepted for PR. How did he end up on PEP?

The other question I would ask is, "How many companies has he worked for"? The reason I ask relates to my first observation that MNC's transfer senior execs. If he has been moving companies in order to move up the ladder, then there may be concern that he'll move companies again, just not in Singapore.

Truly, at times I believe even the Singapore gahmen doesn't know who they want for PR... one side are the traditionalists... X percentage of each race, the kind of middle class people that will assimilate... on the other side are the revisionists... who see the need to attract more and diverse talent from all walks of life.

november12
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 24 Jul 2017

Re: PR application rejected 4th time

Postby november12 » Tue, 25 Jul 2017 8:59 am

Strong Eagle wrote:Being Indian - doesn't help
Failure to take PR when offered - doesn't help
Making big bux at a multi-national bank - doesn't help

In fact, the last item can hurt. Theory is that if you are making that much money you are a senior executive. Senior executives in MNC's get transferred regularly, hence, they're not such hot candidates for _permanent_ residence... although, unlike US PR, Sing PR isn't really permanent at all... it has to be constantly renewed under ever changing rules.

If he has been in Singapore since Aug, 2011, he must have originally been on EP, and he must have been on EP when he applied for and was accepted for PR. How did he end up on PEP?

The other question I would ask is, "How many companies has he worked for"? The reason I ask relates to my first observation that MNC's transfer senior execs. If he has been moving companies in order to move up the ladder, then there may be concern that he'll move companies again, just not in Singapore.

Truly, at times I believe even the Singapore gahmen doesn't know who they want for PR... one side are the traditionalists... X percentage of each race, the kind of middle class people that will assimilate... on the other side are the revisionists... who see the need to attract more and diverse talent from all walks of life.


Husband changed 3 jobs in last 6 years. He came here on EP in 2011 and applied PR - got PR in feb 2012 but was out of job when approval came so couldn't submit the required docs from employer on time which is why the PR formalities didn't complete. Post that he applied for PEP in 2012 and received it in October 2012.
Also, can't understand the logic that for PR they want people with lower salary and qualifications just because they know they will stick around more as they won't get much choice to move out of the country? For more educated, higher earning people they fear they will move out to other countries so won't give PR? Seems a bit odd.

lmw1982
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 05 Jun 2017

Re: PR application rejected 4th time

Postby lmw1982 » Tue, 25 Jul 2017 9:43 am

november12 wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:Being Indian - doesn't help
Failure to take PR when offered - doesn't help
Making big bux at a multi-national bank - doesn't help

In fact, the last item can hurt. Theory is that if you are making that much money you are a senior executive. Senior executives in MNC's get transferred regularly, hence, they're not such hot candidates for _permanent_ residence... although, unlike US PR, Sing PR isn't really permanent at all... it has to be constantly renewed under ever changing rules.

If he has been in Singapore since Aug, 2011, he must have originally been on EP, and he must have been on EP when he applied for and was accepted for PR. How did he end up on PEP?

The other question I would ask is, "How many companies has he worked for"? The reason I ask relates to my first observation that MNC's transfer senior execs. If he has been moving companies in order to move up the ladder, then there may be concern that he'll move companies again, just not in Singapore.

Truly, at times I believe even the Singapore gahmen doesn't know who they want for PR... one side are the traditionalists... X percentage of each race, the kind of middle class people that will assimilate... on the other side are the revisionists... who see the need to attract more and diverse talent from all walks of life.


Husband changed 3 jobs in last 6 years. He came here on EP in 2011 and applied PR - got PR in feb 2012 but was out of job when approval came so couldn't submit the required docs from employer on time which is why the PR formalities didn't complete. Post that he applied for PEP in 2012 and received it in October 2012.
Also, can't understand the logic that for PR they want people with lower salary and qualifications just because they know they will stick around more as they won't get much choice to move out of the country? For more educated, higher earning people they fear they will move out to other countries so won't give PR? Seems a bit odd.


Maybe one of you can complete your PhD study at local University and reapply again.
Frankly speaking, maybe good and similar culture and ethic of behaviour also one of the criteria.

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2100
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: PR application rejected 4th time

Postby Barnsley » Tue, 25 Jul 2017 10:29 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
Truly, at times I believe even the Singapore gahmen doesn't know who they want for PR... one side are the traditionalists... X percentage of each race, the kind of middle class people that will assimilate... on the other side are the revisionists... who see the need to attract more and diverse talent from all walks of life.



Wise words , hence anybody have a chance of PR as you have no idea what the thinking will be at the moment in time that your PR application come up for review.

For all we know it might change week to week , even day by day.
Life is short, paddle harder!!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests