Singapore Expats

Basic health Insurance?

Discuss the different insurance options from car to health insurance.
Allockett

Basic health Insurance?

Post by Allockett » Mon, 24 Jul 2017 11:05 am

HI Guys and Gals.

I have been living in Singapore for 6 months with my husband, We are looking for reasonable / cheaper basic Medical insurance (just covering hospitalisation and emergency (no Maternity)).
We are both healthy 30 year olds and don't need any extra frills.

Please help if you have any information / surgestions it would appreciated.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Basic health Insurance?

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 24 Jul 2017 12:19 pm

Allockett wrote:HI Guys and Gals.

I have been living in Singapore for 6 months with my husband, We are looking for reasonable / cheaper basic Medical insurance (just covering hospitalisation and emergency (no Maternity)).

Since you are asking for basic and cheap you can look at NTUC Income.

Look for the plan called - Enhanced IncomeShield

SF

Allockett

Post by Allockett » Mon, 24 Jul 2017 12:35 pm

Thank you very much for your time, I have had a look at it and it states "MediShield Life is a national health insurance scheme for all Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents, providing better protection than MediShield."

As an we are both EPs I don't think we qualify , please correct me if I am wrong,
i really appreciate you knowledge.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 24 Jul 2017 3:16 pm

Allockett wrote:Thank you very much for your time, I have had a look at it and it states "MediShield Life is a national health insurance scheme for all Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents, providing better protection than MediShield."

As an we are both EPs I don't think we qualify , please correct me if I am wrong,
i really appreciate you knowledge.
On EP you do not qualify for MediShield or MediShield Life. I referred you to Enhanced Income Shield and not Medishield. You can safely ignore the medishield part.

http://www.income.com.sg/insurance/heal ... igner#main

http://www.income.com.sg/insurance/heal ... rider#main

SamG

Post by SamG » Thu, 27 Jul 2017 11:43 pm

Hi Allokett, where are you and your husband from? :)

The EnhancedIncome shield is currently the most basic and cost-effective integrated shield plan we have in the market. They are pretty much similar in terms of coverage, each insurer's product comes with slightly different strength and weakness. As a temporary cover, this shouldn't be a major concern.

The coverage is pretty comprehensive, however pre-and post-hospitalisation coverage is only 90 days (this is currently the shortest duration covered in the market).

Let me know if you'd like to be flooded with more information with regards to what the policy covers, how are other insurers' policy different, how does it work, how do you purchase, how do you make a claim etc etc..

martincymru
Reporter
Reporter

Post by martincymru » Fri, 28 Jul 2017 9:04 am

SamG wrote:Hi Allokett,

Let me know if you'd like to be flooded with more information with regards to what the policy covers, how are other insurers' policy different, how does it work, how do you purchase, how do you make a claim etc etc..
If you are in Financial Services then better to state your designation, for completeness.

jwoods1864
Regular
Regular

Post by jwoods1864 » Fri, 28 Jul 2017 9:53 am

Allockett wrote:HI Guys and Gals.

Contact Pacific prime in Singapore.
Via email or book an appointment :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamG

Post by SamG » Sun, 30 Jul 2017 12:46 pm

martincymru wrote:
SamG wrote:Hi Allokett,

If you are in Financial Services then better to state your designation, for completeness.
Hi Martin, thanks for the tip.
Do I state it in my profile or should I include it in my posts specifically?
I'm still exploring this forum and figuring how things work.

Thank you!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 30 Jul 2017 3:34 pm

I would not do it in the forum as it will be considered Soliciting and you will be unceremoniously banned and all the posts deleted. We don't mind recommendations. We like recommendations. However, if you are representing yourself or your company or in some other way stand to gain financially from the contact with our members, then it's considered advertising or soliciting. Even recommending your colleague is soliciting. However, if you have no financial interest in a company and have "used said company successfully) in the past. Then it's considered a recommendation. If you are flaunting your own business/company/employer then you are advertising. Not hard to understand.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Moudev

Health insurance

Post by Moudev » Tue, 10 Apr 2018 8:09 pm

Hello everyone,
Since we would be relocating to Singapore,we were looking for health insurance which covers private hospitals and mostly everything. Any recommendations is highly appreciated.Btw we are middle aged (35-40)with a child of 6 years .

singaporeflyer

Re: Health insurance

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 10 Apr 2018 8:12 pm

Moudev wrote:Hello everyone,
Since we would be relocating to Singapore,we were looking for health insurance which covers private hospitals and mostly everything. Any recommendations is highly appreciated.Btw we are middle aged (35-40)with a child of 6 years .
You can consider AIA or Prudential, if the insurance premium is not a major issue for you.

If you want slightly cheaper one, you can consider NTUC Income.

Moudev

Post by Moudev » Tue, 10 Apr 2018 8:17 pm

Thank you for your reply.....of course who doesn’t want to save !i would definitely have a look at NTUC, .....is there any other that you might recommend where the premium is reasonable and not sky high....

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 10 Apr 2018 10:12 pm

Moudev wrote:Thank you for your reply.....of course who doesn’t want to save !i would definitely have a look at NTUC, .....is there any other that you might recommend where the premium is reasonable and not sky high....

The only one will be NTUC Income, the economic one among all Insurance providers in SG