Singapore Expats Forum

WhatsApp Group - Done The Right Way!

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
CSrob

WhatsApp Group - Done The Right Way!

Postby CSrob » Thu, 20 Jul 2017 11:37 am

Greetings everyone!

Australian here, and I have found that it is just too difficult to join the old WhatsApp group(s?) manually by PM.

Anyone with connections to the old WhatsApp group, please share the invite link so others may join.
Last edited by CSrob on Thu, 20 Jul 2017 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Re: WhatsApp Group - Done The Right Way!

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 20 Jul 2017 2:27 pm

This is interesting. Are you sure you aren't a spammer trying to farm contacts? After all you are spamming our board with the identical post at least 3 times. I'd say you are a candidate for pruning. Most of the average everyday users manage just fine and here we have a Computer Scientist who "finds it difficult" and want to coerce people to join his group AND find a way to automatically merge other groups with his new one. Sounds fishy to me. But what do I know. Just my Spidey sense tingling. :-k

tic...toc...tic...toc.....

CSrob

Postby CSrob » Thu, 20 Jul 2017 2:32 pm

Well, what an accusation. If you look at the other "WhatsApp" threads, nobody is able to add new people to the group because the OP has gone MIA. This is just the common sense approach to solve this issue. You could say the same thing about farming contacts about any of those threads, but at least on WhatsApp people have a sense of responsibility with who they talk to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSrob

Postby CSrob » Thu, 20 Jul 2017 2:34 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:This is interesting. Are you sure you aren't a spammer trying to farm contacts? After all you are spamming our board with the identical post at least 3 times. I'd say you are a candidate for pruning. Most of the average everyday users manage just fine and here we have a Computer Scientist who "finds it difficult" and want to coerce people to join his group AND find a way to automatically merge other groups with his new one. Sounds fishy to me. But what do I know. Just my Spidey sense tingling. :-k

tic...toc...tic...toc.....

See my response...
There are many WhatsApp threads on this fourm

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 20 Jul 2017 2:48 pm

CSrob wrote:(Please bump this post if you join so more people will see it!)

Bumping, in my own opinion, is a very uncivilised behaviour.

If your thread and post is good, so be it.

If you need to market it, pay somebody like Facebook or RTB and market it - than cluttering clean forums with "BUMP" !!

you may disagree though.

CSrob

Postby CSrob » Thu, 20 Jul 2017 2:51 pm

ecureilx wrote:
CSrob wrote:(Please bump this post if you join so more people will see it!)

Bumping, in my own opinion, is a very uncivilised behaviour.

If your thread and post is good, so be it.

If you need to market it, pay somebody like Facebook or RTB and market it - than cluttering clean forums with "BUMP" !!

you may disagree though.

Yes agreed, and I may discontinue this because this forum does not seem to be very lively. The only reason I wrote bump was because those other useless threads were getting bumped for the wrong reason- people asking to join a WhatsApp group and nobody replying.

There is no need to reply to a thread like this, I just wish the other threads had done it this way.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 20 Jul 2017 5:36 pm

CSrob wrote:Yes agreed, and I may discontinue this because this forum does not seem to be very lively. The only reason I wrote bump was because those other useless threads were getting bumped for the wrong reason- people asking to join a WhatsApp group and nobody replying.

There is no need to reply to a thread like this, I just wish the other threads had done it this way.

Caveat.

There two types of forums. Those get cluttered with lot of info and all and sundry, till it becomes a mine field for getting simple info.

Example: I need help with my Windows Server: 99 replies : You are an idiot to use Windows .. 1 reply: What is that you need help with.

And a month later, another guy comes looking for answers and his search results in 100 of threads like the above.

The other types: Where they are tightly run and while there are minor excursions, the moderators keep the forum clean of multiple posts, irrelevant posts and 'bumps', so somebody looking or info gets is- short and sweet.

Have you been active in HWZ ?