Singapore Expats

1st PR Appeal approved after 4 mths

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
LTVP2015

1st PR Appeal approved after 4 mths

Post by LTVP2015 » Thu, 20 Jul 2017 12:38 am

Hi All, thanks for taking the time to read this thread. This is my 1st post and an avid onlooker in this forum since 2015. Hope info on my application might be useful to those concerned.

Sponsor : Singaporean Chinese Female (mid 30's) income : 120k/annum College Self Employed (taxpayer for 15 years )
Spouse : South Korean Male (Early 30's) income : 30k/annum Degree Project manager
Married : 2015 March
Attained LTVP : 2015 July
Moved to Singapore officially Dec 2015
Started work 2016 March

Applied PR 2016 July , Rejected in Sept 2016
Oct 2016 Met MP & was advised to work for a min of 1 yr + monitor wife's pregnancy before submitting appeal (wife expecting for 1 mth)

Feb 2017 Went to MP again - main changes 1) wife was 6mths pregnant (no complications) 2) salary increment + testimonial letter from company. Mp took testimonial + appointment letter

March 2017 Received Letter from ICA for extra submission of documents
- Sponsor's Company P&L accounts invoices & receipts for past 2 years

May 2017 emailed ICA Newborn Son's birth certificate as additional documents. Son is a Singaporean Citizen.

July 2017 Received in principal approval. Formalities to be completed.

Letter states : eligible to apply for SC after 2 years of PR in Singapore.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: 1st PR Appeal approved after 4 mths

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 20 Jul 2017 3:30 pm

LTVP2015 wrote:Hi All, thanks for taking the time to read this thread. This is my 1st post and an avid onlooker in this forum since 2015. Hope info on my application might be useful to those concerned.

Sponsor : Singaporean Chinese Female (mid 30's) income : 120k/annum College Self Employed (taxpayer for 15 years )
Spouse : South Korean Male (Early 30's) income : 30k/annum Degree Project manager
Started work 2016 March

Oct 2016 Met MP & was advised to work for a min of 1 yr + monitor wife's pregnancy before submitting appeal (wife expecting for 1 mth)

Feb 2017 Went to MP again - main changes 1) wife was 6mths pregnant (no complications) 2) salary increment + testimonial letter from company. Mp took testimonial + appointment letter

May 2017 emailed ICA Newborn Son's birth certificate as additional documents. Son is a Singaporean Citizen.

Congrats

This is a standard line present in all PR application approval letters. Eligible does not mean will surely get.

klrishi2

Post by klrishi2 » Thu, 20 Jul 2017 4:16 pm

Congratulations! Our situation is very similar, just that we are based out of Dubai and applied through Singapore Consulate in July 2017.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 20 Jul 2017 5:29 pm

klrishi2 wrote:Congratulations! Our situation is very similar, just that we are based out of Dubai and applied through Singapore Consulate in July 2017.
you applied for PR while not in Singapore ?

klrishi2

Post by klrishi2 » Thu, 20 Jul 2017 7:26 pm

klrishi2 wrote:you applied for PR while not in Singapore ?
Yes, since both of us are presently working in Dubai past 5 years. The consulate in Dubai agrees to help Singaporeans apply PR for their spouses by assisting to send the documents to ICA in Singapore.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 20 Jul 2017 8:06 pm

klrishi2 wrote:
klrishi2 wrote:you applied for PR while not in Singapore ?
Yes, since both of us are presently working in Dubai past 5 years. The consulate in Dubai agrees to help Singaporeans apply PR for their spouses by assisting to send the documents to ICA in Singapore.
The PR form 4 specifically states it can be filed in Singapore overseas missions. Singapore is interested in encouraging returning Singaporeans of mixed marriages so this is a perfect scenario. It would not work for your average bangla or Aishish applying in Delhi.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

kimls

Post by kimls » Thu, 01 Feb 2018 2:00 pm

LTVP2015 wrote:Hi All, thanks for taking the time to read this thread. This is my 1st post and an avid onlooker in this forum since 2015. Hope info on my application might be useful to those concerned.

Started work 2016 March

Hello! May i ask if you registered your marriage in Korea? As I am also preparing for PR application for my Korean spouse (We registered in Korea). And having difficulty finding the MARRIAGE CERT NUMBER on our korean wedding cert. Any idea?

Hanmi1974

Post by Hanmi1974 » Thu, 01 Feb 2018 2:20 pm

Hi Kimis,

I also have a Korean marriage certificate but I wasn't asked for any number. I submitted my documents in person and then included the English version of the marriage certificate.

If you aren't Korean and your spouse is, you usually have to register two times for marriage - once at the Korean district office and then also at your embassy. So, I used the marriage cert that my embassy (US) provided after I was married in Korea - as that version was in English and stamped by both the US embassy and the district office.

Has12cake

Post by Has12cake » Fri, 10 May 2019 10:10 am

klrishi2 wrote:Congratulations! Our situation is very similar, just that we are based out of Dubai and applied through Singapore Consulate in July 2017.

Your PR was rejected initially and then you appealed and it was successful??