Singapore Expats

Nanny Needed Urgently!

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
Post Reply
User avatar
martincymru
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 700
Joined: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 3:54 pm
Location: out & about

Re: Nanny Needed Urgently!

Post by martincymru » Wed, 19 Jul 2017 8:44 am

1. Are you looking to interview in Sg? Indo or Filipina or ?

2. If you find a suitable person here you will organise /pay visa etc.? (I am not experienced but I believe this is difficult - others may care to comment).

3. Why are you advertising in Sg when there are many agencies in UK?

4. Have you done this before?

5. Where are you, your wife, kids now and in the near future?

6. What's your residency and nationality?

bgd
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1684
Joined: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 4:09 pm

Re: Nanny Needed Urgently!

Post by bgd » Wed, 19 Jul 2017 10:18 am

Looking for a UK nanny on a Sg site? Sounds like a possible scam to me. :???:

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Answers: 10
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: Nanny Needed Urgently!

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 19 Jul 2017 11:49 am

bgd wrote:Looking for a UK nanny on a Sg site? Sounds like a possible scam to me. :???:
It is a scam... posts whacked and poster deleted.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Nanny Needed Urgently!

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 22 Jul 2017 11:08 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
bgd wrote:Looking for a UK nanny on a Sg site? Sounds like a possible scam to me. :???:
It is a scam... posts whacked and poster deleted.
There will be a small processing fee, sent to Nigeria, and bits more but no job.

SCAM, but a lot of naive still end up scammed

x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10073
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: Nanny Needed Urgently!

Post by x9200 » Sat, 22 Jul 2017 1:16 pm

I didn't see the original post but there is actually a market for such nannies in SG and not necessarily it has to be scam. From my own "looking for" experience dated 6y back, the only professional (certified?) nannies available in Singapore were from overseas and a No 1 country of origin was the UK.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Nanny Needed Urgently!

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 22 Jul 2017 4:31 pm

x9200 wrote:I didn't see the original post but there is actually a market for such nannies in SG and not necessarily it has to be scam. From my own "looking for" experience dated 6y back, the only professional (certified?) nannies available in Singapore were from overseas and a No 1 country of origin was the UK.
She was recruiting for abroad. I recall

TANGITI
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 4:30 pm

Re: Nanny Needed Urgently!

Post by TANGITI » Mon, 24 Jul 2017 6:01 pm

My friend, also newly to Singapore. Also need a Nanny.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Nanny Needed Urgently!

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 24 Jul 2017 7:23 pm

TANGITI wrote:My friend, also newly to Singapore. Also need a Nanny.
O....K....

Not really related to this thread I guess.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Business in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests