Singapore Expats Forum

Chinese class/tutor

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

architect94108

Chinese class/tutor

Postby architect94108 » Sat, 12 Feb 2005 3:29 pm

Hello,

I am an expat here in Singapore looking for a chinese class or tutor.
I took one year of chinese before but i cant remember much. I would like to learn conversational chinese. Written chinese is not important for me at this point. Does anyone know where I can find a class or a tutor?
Thanks.

Cheers,

David.

The enlightenned one

Re: Chinese class/tutor

Postby The enlightenned one » Sun, 13 Feb 2005 5:27 pm

architect94108 wrote:Hello,

I am an expat here in Singapore looking for a chinese class or tutor.
I took one year of chinese before but i cant remember much. I would like to learn conversational chinese. Written chinese is not important for me at this point. Does anyone know where I can find a class or a tutor?
Thanks.

Cheers,

David.

Take the newspaper or call tuition agencies. Chinese tutors are widely available. Or if you want university students. just post something in NUS on a notice board and you will be flooded with replies. :twisted:

Postby Guest » Sun, 20 Feb 2005 5:24 am

yeah... where do you stay? my sis is a chinese tutor. you can contact me at keyoncat@hotmail.com

ptechinesetutor

I teach

Postby ptechinesetutor » Thu, 24 Feb 2005 3:02 pm

Hi ,

I teach converstaional mandarin. Currently I have 2 expats who are learning conversational mandarin with me. If you are interested, please email me at natalietoh@gmail.com and we can have a further discussion on this.

Regards,
Natalie

angel

I am a mandarin coversation tutor

Postby angel » Sat, 19 Mar 2005 2:11 pm

Hi David: I am a private mandarin tutor and have been teaching for almost 2 years now. My fee is reasonable, u may send email to me at sweetanel_elegant@yahoo.com.sg

Thanks!
Angel

Guest II

Be careful of what you get

Postby Guest II » Tue, 22 Mar 2005 3:40 pm

Make sure you get someone with good clean tones. It's a standing joke in the mainland that they can't understand Singaporeans when they speak Mandarin. Just take a look at the TV -- why are all the news readers on TCS from the mainland??? Because they speak standard Mandarin, not diluted Mandarin.

cjtune

Postby cjtune » Fri, 01 Apr 2005 12:49 pm

Nah, it's because mainlanders speak Mandarin in the so-called 'beijing' accent. My Malaysian chinese-educated friends often remark that talking to mainlanders is akin to a "chicken trying to talk to a duck" but I suppose they'll still be able understand each other much better than if the conversation was to be in English.

Just get a chinese-ed girlfriend/boyfriend and that'll go a long way towards learning mandarin or other chinese dialects.

lingling_heng

please contact me

Postby lingling_heng » Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:29 pm

hai, I'm not a chinese tutor but i can speack chinese very well , if you ar interest to learn can u contact me at lingling_heng@yahoo.com

WendyLeung

Chinese Tutor

Postby WendyLeung » Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:42 pm

I am sending this message on behalf of my god mother.
She is an ex-journalist with solid background in teaching English and Chinese. She is able to teach Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) using flurent English. If you are interested, please email me at wleung_2004@yahoo.com.sg Thanks

jojo_03_22

Postby jojo_03_22 » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 9:52 pm

i have a friend she is a chinese tutor, come from china

she can teach you chinese whatever conversation or writting.

please contact her 91458298