Singapore Expats

Best playschool/schooling option for my 2.5 yrs old to socialize with kids from diff background

Discuss the many options of preschools and which suits your children.
tcesenthil

Best playschool/schooling option for my 2.5 yrs old to socialize with kids from diff background

Post by tcesenthil » Wed, 12 Jul 2017 2:45 pm

we recently moved from India to singapore. I am looking for some good option (Simei St 1) that would let my 2.5 yr old daughter to socialize with kids from multiple background/ethnicity.

It could be for few hours of schooling or fun or any extra curricular activity classes.

Could anyone pls suggest options to look for ?

kozizi

Re: Best playschool/schooling option for my 2.5 yrs old to socialize with kids from diff background

Post by kozizi » Fri, 15 Sep 2017 11:16 am

Option1 : You could enroll her in a 2hr playgroup - some of the operators are Star Tots, Apple Tree, Talent Plus, Little Learners.. check their websites to find a center near you. Fee is generally around $175 per month.

Option 2 : You could enroll her in a preschool or half-day childcare, for class N1 that starts in Jan 2018 (assuming she was born in 2015). Fee can range anywhere from $400 to $1500 or more per month. Google maps is probably the best resource to search for a preschool near your area or ask your neighbour-parents.

Option 3 : You could enroll her in an enrichment program like MyGym or Kindermusik, that has parent-accompanied classes once or twice a week.

sanjaya22

Re: Best playschool/schooling option for my 2.5 yrs old to socialize with kids from diff background

Post by sanjaya22 » Sat, 06 Jan 2018 2:28 pm

Thanks a lot kozizi for the info!

shawn128

Post by shawn128 » Tue, 27 Feb 2018 11:25 pm

There are many factors to consider, including location, cost, learning philosophy, teacher qualifications, and schedules.
This all factors may help you in finding the best preschool....
Thankyou....

sanjaya22

Post by sanjaya22 » Wed, 28 Feb 2018 5:47 am

shawn128 wrote:There are many factors to consider, including location, cost, learning philosophy, teacher qualifications, and schedules.
This all factors may help you in finding the best preschool....
Thankyou....
Thanks Shawn