Singapore Expats Forum

Best playschool/schooling option for my 2.5 yrs old to socialize with kids from diff background

Discuss various schooling options for your children here.
tcesenthil

Best playschool/schooling option for my 2.5 yrs old to socialize with kids from diff background

Postby tcesenthil » Wed, 12 Jul 2017 2:45 pm

we recently moved from India to singapore. I am looking for some good option (Simei St 1) that would let my 2.5 yr old daughter to socialize with kids from multiple background/ethnicity.

It could be for few hours of schooling or fun or any extra curricular activity classes.

Could anyone pls suggest options to look for ?

kozizi

Re: Best playschool/schooling option for my 2.5 yrs old to socialize with kids from diff background

Postby kozizi » Fri, 15 Sep 2017 11:16 am

Option1 : You could enroll her in a 2hr playgroup - some of the operators are Star Tots, Apple Tree, Talent Plus, Little Learners.. check their websites to find a center near you. Fee is generally around $175 per month.

Option 2 : You could enroll her in a preschool or half-day childcare, for class N1 that starts in Jan 2018 (assuming she was born in 2015). Fee can range anywhere from $400 to $1500 or more per month. Google maps is probably the best resource to search for a preschool near your area or ask your neighbour-parents.

Option 3 : You could enroll her in an enrichment program like MyGym or Kindermusik, that has parent-accompanied classes once or twice a week.