Singapore Expats

Rejection of EP - try a 2nd company

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Bouyou

Rejection of EP - try a 2nd company

Post by Bouyou » Wed, 12 Jul 2017 4:20 am

Hello everyone,

I have lived in Singapore for 6 years (2009 - 2014) and worked under 2 different employment passes which I obtained without any difficulties.

After having lived 2 years in Tokyo, I have accepted an offer with a different company in Singapore. The HR of that company, based on my profile, told me the IPA should take approx 7 days. Unfortunately MOM wouldnt grant me the EP and after 3 rejections (1. missing documents, 2. questionable qualifications, 3. low salary) the company gave up on me. As I had resigned from my previous job, this had put in a very uncomfortable situation.

Here's my question: I am still very keen to look for a job in SG BUT if MOM has rejected my EP application once, does that mean it is going to reject every other EP applications I will be making ?

Thank you for your insights

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Rejection of EP - try a 2nd company

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 12 Jul 2017 6:53 am

Bouyou wrote:Hello everyone,

I have lived in Singapore for 6 years (2009 - 2014) and worked under 2 different employment passes which I obtained without any difficulties.

After having lived 2 years in Tokyo, I have accepted an offer with a different company in Singapore. The HR of that company, based on my profile, told me the IPA should take approx 7 days. Unfortunately MOM wouldnt grant me the EP and after 3 rejections (1. missing documents, 2. questionable qualifications, 3. low salary) the company gave up on me. As I had resigned from my previous job, this had put in a very uncomfortable situation.

Here's my question: I am still very keen to look for a job in SG BUT if MOM has rejected my EP application once, does that mean it is going to reject every other EP applications I will be making ?
Most likely, YES ..

Bouyou

Post by Bouyou » Wed, 12 Jul 2017 3:52 pm

There is nothing wrong with my profile (MOM didnt say so) but another company could have better chances if their ration of locals/foreigns is higher and if they have better HR?

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Wed, 12 Jul 2017 4:09 pm

Bouyou wrote:There is nothing wrong with my profile (MOM didnt say so) but another company could have better chances if their ration of locals/foreigns is higher and if they have better HR?
Did you say one of the reasons for rejection was your questionable qualification? This may pose some problems in getting your EP.

EP Rejection

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 12 Jul 2017 6:09 pm

Bouyou wrote:There is nothing wrong with my profile (MOM didnt say so) but another company could have better chances if their ration of locals/foreigns is higher and if they have better HR?
Then who said you have dodgy qualifications?

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Bouyou

Post by Bouyou » Wed, 12 Jul 2017 6:46 pm

Well, the issue regarding questionable qualifications was resolved easily - MOM is not familiar with the French education system. After clarification, the issue was cleared.
The funny thing is I have submitted the same academic documents in 2009 and 2013 for my 2 previous EPs which were approved easily.

For the salary, I was on a $150K package (base: $100K, ~$8.5K a month).

So I am quite puzzled and keep thinking the issue is somewhere else.