Singapore Expats Forum

Help: Assess my PR Application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Shia_
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 11 Jul 2017

Help: Assess my PR Application

Postby Shia_ » Tue, 11 Jul 2017 11:11 pm

Hi everyone!

I would like to seek your opinion with regards to my PR application. What are the chances of getting approved?

-Studied secondary and tertiary in Singapore (local schools)
-in Singapore for 10 years
-working in a local company (less than 1 year)

Thank you!
Last edited by Shia_ on Thu, 13 Jul 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35031
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Help: Assess my PR Application

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 12 Jul 2017 5:11 pm

To be honest? Slim at the moment.Work for two or three years, get 3 tax assessments and maybe, only maybe you will be lucky.

Shia_
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 11 Jul 2017

Re: Help: Assess my PR Application

Postby Shia_ » Wed, 12 Jul 2017 6:19 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:To be honest? Slim at the moment.Work for two or three years, get 3 tax assessments and maybe, only maybe you will be lucky.


Thank you for your response! I already had 1 tax assessment from my previous company (worked when I was a student). Would that help in any way? And is the chance really slim considering that I have been here for quite a long time? Thank you.

BBCDoc
Regular
Regular
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue, 05 Oct 2010
Location: Singapore

Re: Help: Assess my PR Application

Postby BBCDoc » Wed, 12 Jul 2017 10:51 pm

How much difference does a slim chance make? What percentage of success is a critical threshold for action?

And if there was nothing you can do to increase your chance of success to your perceived threshold level, then what?

For me, I worked like a maniac to be the best in my company job function for a few years, then jumped to a bigger role in another company and repeated for another few years. Result = success


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Help: Assess my PR Application

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 13 Jul 2017 7:48 am

Shia_ wrote:Hi everyone!

I would like to seek your opinion with regards to my PR application. What are the chances of getting approved?

-Studied secondary and tertiary in Singapore (local schools)
-in Singapore for 10 years
-working in a local company (less than 1 year)
-Filipino

Thank you! :D

What was your residency status in Singapore during the 10 years?

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Shia_
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 11 Jul 2017

Re: Help: Assess my PR Application

Postby Shia_ » Thu, 13 Jul 2017 5:42 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Shia_ wrote:Hi everyone!

I would like to seek your opinion with regards to my PR application. What are the chances of getting approved?

-Studied secondary and tertiary in Singapore (local schools)
-in Singapore for 10 years
-working in a local company (less than 1 year)
-Filipino

Thank you! :D

What was your residency status in Singapore during the 10 years?

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk


Hi! 5.5years of Dependant's Pass, 4 years of Student Pass, and 0.5 years of S-Pass.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Help: Assess my PR Application

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 13 Jul 2017 6:52 pm

Shia_ wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
Shia_ wrote:Hi! 5.5years of Dependant's Pass, 4 years of Student Pass, and 0.5 years of S-Pass.


Well, that didn't improve anything. You can follow the advice of others though

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests