Singapore Expats

ISS vs chatsworth

Discuss various International School options for your children here.
annettekt

ISS vs chatsworth

Post by annettekt » Mon, 10 Jul 2017 9:40 am

Hello everyone,
We just recently relocated from Canada and are looking into a school for my daughter for Grade 7. We visited several schools and have shortlisted it to ISS and Chatsworth. The IB system seems to be closest to the Montessori system that my daughter was in from grades 1 to 6. I'd appreciate any feedback about these 2 schools, or any help with deciding! If you have older children (grades 6 and up) in either of these schools, what has been your experience? How are the teachers? Are your children happy there? Thank you so much!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: ISS vs chatsworth

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 10 Jul 2017 9:46 am

annettekt wrote:Hello everyone,
We just recently relocated from Canada and are looking into a school for my daughter for Grade 7. We visited several schools and have shortlisted it to ISS and Chatsworth. The IB system seems to be closest to the Montessori system that my daughter was in from grades 1 to 6. I'd appreciate any feedback about these 2 schools, or any help with deciding! If you have older children (grades 6 and up) in either of these schools, what has been your experience? How are the teachers? Are your children happy there? Thank you so much!
I would not recommend either (actually I would encourage you to avoid both) unless there is a reason I have missed some reason you prefer a for profit school. Although the Canadian school is private for profit at least it also offers both IB and the Ontario curriculum with a pathway for your child to go back to high school in Canada.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!