Advice on PR route ? Pre-LTVP/LTVP/ PR Directly . Any chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
dmltxfwe

Advice on PR route ? Pre-LTVP/LTVP/ PR Directly . Any chances

Post by dmltxfwe » Thu, 06 Jul 2017 3:28 am

Me(Indian citizen) and gf(Singaporean) planning to marry in Singapore in Jan 2018. I am currently living in US and gf is Singapore. I used to be in Singapore ( around 6 yrs) until 2015. I got transferred from SG to US branch in the same company at the start of 2016.
I was a tax payer(EP) in sg for 4 years. I studied masters in nus prior to working. I got rejected pr application in 2013 and 2015.

First of all do I have any chances of getting a PR if I apply directly after our marriage ?
Also would it increase by changes if I go through Pre-LTVP -> LTVP -> PR APPLICATION ?
we planned to buy hdb under non citizen spouse scheme as soon as we get married. Does any of this help with PR?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Advice on PR route ? Pre-LTVP/LTVP/ PR Directly . Any chances

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 06 Jul 2017 3:55 am

dmltxfwe wrote:Me(Indian citizen) and gf(Singaporean) planning to marry in Singapore in Jan 2018. I am currently living in US and gf is Singapore. I used to be in Singapore ( around 6 yrs) until 2015. I got transferred from SG to US branch in the same company at the start of 2016.
I was a tax payer(EP) in sg for 4 years. I studied masters in nus prior to working. I got rejected pr application in 2013 and 2015.

First of all do I have any chances of getting a PR if I apply directly after our marriage ?
Also would it increase by changes if I go through Pre-LTVP -> LTVP -> PR APPLICATION ?
we planned to buy hdb under non citizen spouse scheme as soon as we get married. Does any of this help with PR?
Why not condo ? Buying house, in my honest opinion, don't help zilch.

Yes, don't jump the gun.

Go the LTVP route.

9 out of 10 immediate PRs are rejected with advice to go LTVP+ route. Unless you are a special person.

You can try though.

dmltxfwe

Post by dmltxfwe » Thu, 06 Jul 2017 5:18 am

ecureilx wrote:
dmltxfwe wrote:Me(Indian citizen) and gf(Singaporean) planning to marry in Singapore in Jan 2018. I am currently living in US and gf is Singapore. I used to be in Singapore ( around 6 yrs) until 2015. I got transferred from SG to US branch in the same company at the start of 2016.

Why not condo ? Buying house, in my honest opinion, don't help zilch.

Yes, don't jump the gun.

Go the LTVP route.

9 out of 10 immediate PRs are rejected with advice to go LTVP+ route. Unless you are a special person.

You can try though.
I haven't looked at condo market. If 4 rm hdb without grant Vs condo 4 rm rate within 100k I might actually. I hate mop 5 yrs for hdb. :(

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 06 Jul 2017 7:32 am

I agree that MOP is painful. It severely limits the ability of Singaporeans to move locations when their kids move schools or family moves somewhere else. It's a very short sighted policy.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 4

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Jul 2017 10:46 am

Yeh, but it stops or at least slows down flipping. Something their countrymen were famous for.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!