Singapore Expats

Three and a half weeks and SOLAR Status still Receiving Attention

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
chryos1029

Three and a half weeks and SOLAR Status still Receiving Attention

Post by chryos1029 » Wed, 05 Jul 2017 1:41 pm

Hi guys, I've enrolled to NTU Undergraduate course in August intake. I followed the instructions, submitted the documents needed (e.g. eForm16) on 10th of June and had the payment processed on 12th of June yet the status is still Receiving Attention. Most of my friends which enrolled to NUS or NTU already have their application processed or receive the IPA letter already. I also sent an email asking the status of my application and they only reply "Your application is still process。“." FYI, both of my parents are PR and I'm not (ps: Male), I'm Malaysian and not a PR and hasn't applied for it either. The ICA officers did send a couple email asking me a few questions regarding the PR status of my parents and whether I have applied any other passes before in Singapore. I'm having health screening on 26th of July so I'm scared that I may not be able to receive the letter from them in time. For anyone that has experience regarding issue, how long does it take for it to complete? And what to do if I didn't receive the letter in time?

x9200

Re: Three and a half weeks and SOLAR Status still Receiving Attention

Post by x9200 » Wed, 05 Jul 2017 1:51 pm

chryos1029 wrote:Hi guys, I've enrolled to NTU Undergraduate course in August intake. I followed the instructions, submitted the documents needed (e.g. eForm16) on 10th of June and had the payment processed on 12th of June yet the status is still Receiving Attention. Most of my friends which enrolled to NUS or NTU already have their application processed or receive the IPA letter already. I also sent an email asking the status of my application and they only reply "Your application is still process。“." FYI, both of my parents are PR and I'm not (ps: Male), I'm Malaysian and not a PR and hasn't applied for it either. The ICA officers did send a couple email asking me a few questions regarding the PR status of my parents and whether I have applied any other passes before in Singapore. I'm having health screening on 26th of July so I'm scared that I may not be able to receive the letter from them in time. For anyone that has experience regarding issue, how long does it take for it to complete? And what to do if I didn't receive the letter in time?
I would think it may have something to do with the above.

chryos1029

Post by chryos1029 » Wed, 05 Jul 2017 2:03 pm

x9200 wrote:
chryos1029 wrote:Hi guys, I've enrolled to NTU Undergraduate course in August intake. I followed the instructions, submitted the documents needed (e.g. eForm16) on 10th of June and had the payment processed on 12th of June yet the status is still Receiving Attention. Most of my friends which enrolled to NUS or NTU already have their application processed or receive the IPA letter already. I also sent an email asking the status of my application and they only reply "Your application is still process。“." FYI, both of my parents are PR and I'm not (ps: Male), I'm Malaysian and not a PR and hasn't applied for it either. The ICA officers did send a couple email asking me a few questions regarding the PR status of my parents and whether I have applied any other passes before in Singapore. I'm having health screening on 26th of July so I'm scared that I may not be able to receive the letter from them in time. For anyone that has experience regarding issue, how long does it take for it to complete? And what to do if I didn't receive the letter in time?
Yup, I think so too. So what's the solution? Will they still accept me regarding my application of student pass? Or I simply don't have any chance to study in NTU?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 05 Jul 2017 3:50 pm

Look at it from a different perspective. Why should a Singapore Gov't backed university welcome somebody who is deliberately trying to game the system by taking up a seat that could be used by a local and letting a Malaysian take it considering his parents are PRs but he isn't because he doesn't want to do an NS obligation. I know what my answer would be to your application.....
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Leen12

Post by Leen12 » Wed, 05 Jul 2017 3:50 pm

x9200 wrote:
lol his parents are both PRs but didn't make their son PR for him to avoid NS

huge red flag

:cool:

chryos1029

Post by chryos1029 » Wed, 05 Jul 2017 3:58 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Look at it from a different perspective. Why should a Singapore Gov't backed university welcome somebody who is deliberately trying to game the system by taking up a seat that could be used by a local and letting a Malaysian take it considering his parents are PRs but he isn't because he doesn't want to do an NS obligation. I know what my answer would be to your application.....
Yup, I fully understand what you're trying to say and also agree to it. My parents applied PR 10+ years ago and they didn't apply PR for me at the time. The only thing I want to know currently is that is there any other way for them to accept my application?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 05 Jul 2017 4:10 pm

Honestly, I have no idea what will happen. They may just sit on it to keep from setting a precedence. Once they sit on it long enough that you miss the enrollment period they don't have to deal with it. I don't have a good feeling and don't know of another way around it. How old are you?

Oh, be sure you take the time to thanks your parents for screwing up your life for you with asking your permission. ](*,)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Leen12

Post by Leen12 » Wed, 05 Jul 2017 4:13 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Honestly, I have no idea what will happen. They may just sit on it to keep from setting a precedence. Once they sit on it long enough that you miss the enrollment period they don't have to deal with it. I don't have a good feeling and don't know of another way around it. How old are you?

Oh, be sure you take the time to thanks your parents for screwing up your life for you with asking your permission. ](*,)
pwned

look on the bright side though, his friends are in tekong digging mud

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Wed, 05 Jul 2017 4:34 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Honestly, I have no idea what will happen. They may just sit on it to keep from setting a precedence. Once they sit on it long enough that you miss the enrollment period they don't have to deal with it. I don't have a good feeling and don't know of another way around it. How old are you?

"Screwing your life" is such a strong statement considering the OP's age. There are other universities and other paths in life.
That said, if you have never been a PR, may be your chances are better than an ex-PR who renounced upon approaching the NS age.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 05 Jul 2017 4:46 pm

bro75 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
That said, if you have never been a PR, may be your chances are better than an ex-PR who renounced upon approaching the NS age.
Anecdotal evidence tends to suggest otherwise. At least on here anyway.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 05 Jul 2017 4:51 pm

Fingers crossed that all goes swimmingly for you , as it will show that there are no hard and fast rules in the system.

Down the road maybe you can acquire PR under your own steam , this would add to the hilarity of it all.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Life is short, paddle harder!!

chryos1029

Post by chryos1029 » Tue, 18 Jul 2017 11:22 am

Hi guys, reporting back for others that may have the same problem as me in the future.

The good news is that my student pass was finally approved yesterday! I went to ICA and sent a few emails to them and they requested some supporting documents, I sent to them and the rest is history!