Singapore Expats Forum

LTVP Documents help? SC-NR spouse

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
Image
The Club Residences

ylhl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun, 07 Jan 2018

Re: LTVP Documents help? SC-NR spouse

Postby ylhl » Tue, 09 Jan 2018 10:28 pm

marie_katie wrote:
ylhl wrote:
marie_katie wrote:
Sadly it's been 17 weeks for me and still receiving attention.. I emailed ICA and they said it takes up to 6 months so i guess the only thing you can do is wait.

And we both left Singapore since sept so i am not sure if that affects the process. I did call ICA and they said it was ok to leave country but both is needed to be in singapore for formalities. I've heard people saying that leaving the country will affect it to be longer but we didn't have a choice, we needed to go back. Will update if i do get my ltvp approved. Hopefully soon, good luck to you too!


Thanks for your information, now i think what i can do only waiting too. Hope the LTVP quickly approved. Good luck too :D



Have some good news today, ltvp was approved! Good luck to you, i'm sure it will be approved soon.


Wow, really a good news? So u wait 17weeks and not at singapore at the waiting time? But really a good news, i hope mine also

marie_katie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed, 05 Jul 2017

Re: LTVP Documents help? SC-NR spouse

Postby marie_katie » Wed, 10 Jan 2018 9:17 am

ylhl wrote:
marie_katie wrote:
ylhl wrote:
Thanks for your information, now i think what i can do only waiting too. Hope the LTVP quickly approved. Good luck too :D



Have some good news today, ltvp was approved! Good luck to you, i'm sure it will be approved soon.


Wow, really a good news? So u wait 17weeks and not at singapore at the waiting time? But really a good news, i hope mine also



Yes we weren't in singapore because we needed to settle some stuff before moving here for good. We really want to settle down in Singapore and was very happy that ltvp was approved! Give it some time, i'm sure it will be approved soon!

ylhl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun, 07 Jan 2018

Re: LTVP Documents help? SC-NR spouse

Postby ylhl » Wed, 10 Jan 2018 2:35 pm

marie_katie wrote:Yes we weren't in singapore because we needed to settle some stuff before moving here for good. We really want to settle down in Singapore and was very happy that ltvp was approved! Give it some time, i'm sure it will be approved soon!


Thank you, really appreciate for ur reply bcause really hard to find somebody answer me or have similiar case, i think i just wait n hope have a good news. Have a nice day :D

marie_katie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed, 05 Jul 2017

Re: LTVP Documents help? SC-NR spouse

Postby marie_katie » Thu, 11 Jan 2018 4:12 pm

ylhl wrote:
marie_katie wrote:Yes we weren't in singapore because we needed to settle some stuff before moving here for good. We really want to settle down in Singapore and was very happy that ltvp was approved! Give it some time, i'm sure it will be approved soon!


Thank you, really appreciate for ur reply bcause really hard to find somebody answer me or have similiar case, i think i just wait n hope have a good news. Have a nice day :D



You're welcome! Wishing you all the best. Have a nice day too! But do remember that if your SVP is extended to 89 days, if you leave SG then you need to wait 5 days at least before you can return back to SG. That is stated under ICA requirement if not you might be detained/sent back at Singapore customs and might cause a black mark in your record and very bad for your ltvp application. And even after 5 days, it really depends on the customs officer if they allow you into the country or not.

ylhl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun, 07 Jan 2018

Re: LTVP Documents help? SC-NR spouse

Postby ylhl » Mon, 15 Jan 2018 12:09 pm

marie_katie wrote:
You're welcome! Wishing you all the best. Have a nice day too! But do remember that if your SVP is extended to 89 days, if you leave SG then you need to wait 5 days at least before you can return back to SG. That is stated under ICA requirement if not you might be detained/sent back at Singapore customs and might cause a black mark in your record and very bad for your ltvp application. And even after 5 days, it really depends on the customs officer if they allow you into the country or not.


ok, noted with thanks :D :D

ylhl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun, 07 Jan 2018

Re: LTVP Documents help? SC-NR spouse

Postby ylhl » Sun, 18 Mar 2018 8:17 pm

marie_katie wrote:
ylhl wrote:
marie_katie wrote:
Sadly it's been 17 weeks for me and still receiving attention.. I emailed ICA and they said it takes up to 6 months so i guess the only thing you can do is wait.

And we both left Singapore since sept so i am not sure if that affects the process. I did call ICA and they said it was ok to leave country but both is needed to be in singapore for formalities. I've heard people saying that leaving the country will affect it to be longer but we didn't have a choice, we needed to go back. Will update if i do get my ltvp approved. Hopefully soon, good luck to you too!


Thanks for your information, now i think what i can do only waiting too. Hope the LTVP quickly approved. Good luck too :D



Have some good news today, ltvp was approved! Good luck to you, i'm sure it will be approved soon.


Just want to share a good news, after long waiting 4months, my LTVP finally approved in principal. Within the 4 months, I have stayed in indonesia n malaysia for 3 weeks coz chinese new year, luckily didn't affect the result. Now, just wait the formalities n thank you all for the information, specially @marie_katie :)

Riritori
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat, 12 May 2018

Re: LTVP Documents help? SC-NR spouse

Postby Riritori » Sat, 12 May 2018 12:26 am

Hi there,
Need some help here,
I applied my ltvp in January and it's coming to the 16th week..
I've tried everything I could and even went to the MP, I really need to start working soon..is there anything else I can do then just wait? Thanks:)

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11434
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: LTVP Documents help? SC-NR spouse

Postby Strong Eagle » Sat, 12 May 2018 2:34 am

Riritori wrote:Hi there,
Need some help here,
I applied my ltvp in January and it's coming to the 16th week..
I've tried everything I could and even went to the MP, I really need to start working soon..is there anything else I can do then just wait? Thanks:)


What is your LTVP status under which you are applying?

Riritori
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat, 12 May 2018

Re: LTVP Documents help? SC-NR spouse

Postby Riritori » Sat, 12 May 2018 1:12 pm

Tq for your reply Strong Eagle,
The status is receiving attention..after I went to the MP I got a hard copy from the ICA which told me to continue waiting as myself and husband didn't apply for the PMLA..it's already been almost 16 weeks..is the maximum waiting time 6 months or it can be longer?

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11434
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: LTVP Documents help? SC-NR spouse

Postby Strong Eagle » Sat, 12 May 2018 9:19 pm

Riritori wrote:Tq for your reply Strong Eagle,
The status is receiving attention..after I went to the MP I got a hard copy from the ICA which told me to continue waiting as myself and husband didn't apply for the PMLA..it's already been almost 16 weeks..is the maximum waiting time 6 months or it can be longer?


Sorry I wasn't clear. Under what relationship status are you applying? Are you the spouse of a citizen or PR? If not, what is the relationship link that you are using to apply for PR?

Riritori
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat, 12 May 2018

Re: LTVP Documents help? SC-NR spouse

Postby Riritori » Sun, 13 May 2018 1:17 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
Riritori wrote:Tq for your reply Strong Eagle,
The status is receiving attention..after I went to the MP I got a hard copy from the ICA which told me to continue waiting as myself and husband didn't apply for the PMLA..it's already been almost 16 weeks..is the maximum waiting time 6 months or it can be longer?


Sorry I wasn't clear. Under what relationship status are you applying? Are you the spouse of a citizen or PR? If not, what is the relationship link that you are using to apply for PR?


I'm a spouse to a SC..we got married in July 2017..I applied the LTVP in January 2018 without knowing there was something known as the pre marriage long term visit pass assessment..so since then,I've been going up and down to the ICA, to the MP and still figuring out what else I can do rather than just wait..it's really frustrating when u have a job waiting but u can't start yet..and I've even tried applying for the employment pass but it was unsuccessful:(

cutoneko
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 14 Jan 2019

Re: LTVP Documents help? SC-NR spouse

Postby cutoneko » Mon, 14 Jan 2019 10:40 am

Hi there, I'm a Singaporean who is sponsoring my spouse for his LTVP. We are preparing our employment verification letters and need to find out who to address the letter to.

We have not received the LTVP approval but are just preparing in advance because my spouse does not work in his country of citizenship. It's quite difficult to churn out these documents and get them translated within short notice.

From your experience, who did you address the employment verification documents to? Is the following sufficient, or is there another department?
VISIT PASS (VP) UNIT
IMMIGRATION & CHECKPOINTS AUTHORITY

Thank you!

Chaorenz
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun, 19 Nov 2017

Re: LTVP Documents help? SC-NR spouse

Postby Chaorenz » Mon, 14 Jan 2019 11:14 am

All you can do is just wait . I believe it will be very soon. Max waiting time is 6 month.





Riritori wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
Riritori wrote:Tq for your reply Strong Eagle,
The status is receiving attention..after I went to the MP I got a hard copy from the ICA which told me to continue waiting as myself and husband didn't apply for the PMLA..it's already been almost 16 weeks..is the maximum waiting time 6 months or it can be longer?


Sorry I wasn't clear. Under what relationship status are you applying? Are you the spouse of a citizen or PR? If not, what is the relationship link that you are using to apply for PR?


I'm a spouse to a SC..we got married in July 2017..I applied the LTVP in January 2018 without knowing there was something known as the pre marriage long term visit pass assessment..so since then,I've been going up and down to the ICA, to the MP and still figuring out what else I can do rather than just wait..it's really frustrating when u have a job waiting but u can't start yet..and I've even tried applying for the employment pass but it was unsuccessful:(

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35705
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: LTVP Documents help? SC-NR spouse

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 14 Jan 2019 9:41 pm

Chaorenz wrote:All you can do is just wait . I believe it will be very soon. Max waiting time is 6 month.





Riritori wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
Sorry I wasn't clear. Under what relationship status are you applying? Are you the spouse of a citizen or PR? If not, what is the relationship link that you are using to apply for PR?


I'm a spouse to a SC..we got married in July 2017..I applied the LTVP in January 2018 without knowing there was something known as the pre marriage long term visit pass assessment..so since then,I've been going up and down to the ICA, to the MP and still figuring out what else I can do rather than just wait..it's really frustrating when u have a job waiting but u can't start yet..and I've even tried applying for the employment pass but it was unsuccessful:(


Chaorenz, do you have that in writing???? Or are you misreading something.

Chaorenz
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun, 19 Nov 2017

Re: LTVP Documents help? SC-NR spouse

Postby Chaorenz » Thu, 17 Jan 2019 4:09 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Chaorenz wrote:All you can do is just wait . I believe it will be very soon. Max waiting time is 6 month.





Riritori wrote:
I'm a spouse to a SC..we got married in July 2017..I applied the LTVP in January 2018 without knowing there was something known as the pre marriage long term visit pass assessment..so since then,I've been going up and down to the ICA, to the MP and still figuring out what else I can do rather than just wait..it's really frustrating when u have a job waiting but u can't start yet..and I've even tried applying for the employment pass but it was unsuccessful:(


Chaorenz, do you have that in writing???? Or are you misreading something.



If you did not apply for Pre Ltvp, the waiting time is up to 6 month of waiting. It all stated in ICA web.

I did a pre ltvp for my wife and we got it approve within 1 month.

My brother who had apply for ltvp did not get his Pre Ltvp done and his waiting time was about 5 month plus before he got the approval email.

Meaning to say if you did not do a Pre Ltvp, expected waiting time is up to 6 month, and for those who done it, it will be very fast.

I'm speaking from experience.

Thanks


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests