Singapore Expats Forum

LTVP Documents help? SC-NR spouse

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
The Club Residences

marie_katie

LTVP Documents help? SC-NR spouse

Postby marie_katie » Wed, 05 Jul 2017 10:29 am

Got this from ICA website.
The following documents may be required to complete the application and you can prepare them in advance:

1.Applicant's passport's biodata page
2. Applicant's Disembarkation/Embarkation (D/E) card
3. SC spouse's Identity Card
4. Applicant's Marriage certificate
5. SC spouse's and Applicant's Divorce certificate, if any
6. Children's Birth certificates
7. SC spouse's and Applicant's highest Educational Certificate
8. SC spouse's Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last 3 years and CPF Statement showing monthly CPF contribution for the last 12 months. Alternatively, SC spouse may complete Appendix (VP) to give consent for ICA to obtain and verify financial information with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) directly instead.
9. SC spouse's latest Letter of Employment stating date of commencement, designation and monthly salary. For self-employed, a valid Registration Certificate from ACRA and Company's Profit & Loss Statement for the last 12 months
10. One recent digital passport-sized colour photograph

Questions:
- My spouse is finishing up his last term of college in a few months but won't get the cert yet, what do i put it as?

8. SC spouse's Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last 3 years and CPF Statement showing monthly CPF contribution for the last 12 months. Alternatively, SC spouse may complete Appendix (VP) to give consent for ICA to obtain and verify financial information with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) directly instead.
- Do i submit the scanned copy online or mail it?

9. SC spouse's latest Letter of Employment stating date of commencement, designation and monthly salary. For self-employed, a valid Registration Certificate from ACRA and Company's Profit & Loss Statement for the last 12 months
- I don't have any Letter of employment but have been a Perm-PT since 2013. I have 2 jobs so can i ask my employer to do one for me now? (Plan to apply end aug)

10. One recent digital passport-sized colour photograph
- For my spouse or for me? or both?

Thank you, appreciate the help!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: LTVP Documents help? SC-NR spouse

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 05 Jul 2017 2:58 pm

marie_katie wrote:Questions:
- My spouse is finishing up his last term of college in a few months but won't get the cert yet, what do i put it as?

Highest if so, it is High School, secondary School .. You can explain to the officer at the time of paper submission.

marie_katie wrote:8. SC spouse's Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last 3 years and CPF Statement showing monthly CPF contribution for the last 12 months. Alternatively, SC spouse may complete Appendix (VP) to give consent for ICA to obtain and verify financial information with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) directly instead.
- Do i submit the scanned copy online or mail it?

Print ?? Wait, how are you submitting this again ?

marie_katie wrote:9. SC spouse's latest Letter of Employment stating date of commencement, designation and monthly salary. For self-employed, a valid Registration Certificate from ACRA and Company's Profit & Loss Statement for the last 12 months
- I don't have any Letter of employment but have been a Perm-PT since 2013. I have 2 jobs so can i ask my employer to do one for me now? (Plan to apply end aug)

Yes. get both employers letter or you may be facing a tough fight.

marie_katie wrote:10. One recent digital passport-sized colour photograph
- For my spouse or for me? or both?

The applicant.

marie_katie

Postby marie_katie » Thu, 06 Jul 2017 12:44 am

Alternatively, SC spouse may complete Appendix (VP) to give consent for ICA to obtain and verify financial information with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) directly instead.
-I'm referring to the appendix VP as it's required to be signed right?

Now I'm confused. I am applying for the ltvp online but they stated that I need to prepare my documents. When will I be required to submit the documents? If you don't mind, would you care to briefly explain to me the process of ltvp application? I only know need to wait 4-6 weeks for approval and within 2 months need to book appointment for formalities. Problem is my husband will only be here for a month and need to head back to complete his last college term for about 4 months.. we didn't do the Pre marriage ltvp (stupid mistake I know) cause we married overseas. I checked with an agent and they said my husband can leave Singapore but need to be back for formalities.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 06 Jul 2017 3:59 am

marie_katie wrote:

Alternatively, SC spouse may complete Appendix (VP) to give consent for ICA to obtain and verify financial information with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) directly instead.

Now I'm confused. I am applying for the ltvp online but they stated that I need to prepare my documents. When will I be required to submit the documents? If you don't mind, would you care to briefly explain to me the process of ltvp application? I only know need to wait 4-6 weeks for approval and within 2 months need to book appointment for formalities. Problem is my husband will only be here for a month and need to head back to complete his last college term for about 4 months.. we didn't do the Pre marriage ltvp (stupid mistake I know) cause we married overseas. I checked with an agent and they said my husband can leave Singapore but need to be back for formalities.

Curious.

How old are you and spouse ? Where's he from ?

Apply online.

You will be asked to submit documents in person later. Unless process changed.

And you need his white card # to apply online.

bro75
Chatter
Chatter

Postby bro75 » Thu, 06 Jul 2017 8:18 am

marie_katie wrote:

You will be asked to submit the documents during formalities.

marie_katie

Postby marie_katie » Thu, 06 Jul 2017 10:06 am

Thanks for the help!
I'm 25 and he's 30 and he went back to school to upgrade himself for a better future.
He's a Canadian and I'm a Singaporean.
I tried staying there for a few months but still much prefer Singapore..

But if he leave the country, wouldn't the white card be different from the previous one when we need to submit documents? What documents do they require when you apply online?
Last edited by marie_katie on Mon, 08 Jan 2018 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 06 Jul 2017 11:32 am

marie_katie wrote:Thanks for the help!
I'm 25 and he's 30 and he went back to school to upgrade himself for a better future.
He's a Canadian and I'm a Singaporean.
I tried staying there for a few months but still much prefer Singapore..

But if he leave the country, wouldn't the white card be different from the previous one when we need to submit documents? What documents do they require when you apply online?

At 30 and still in school ? I don't know how the western world works :(

Anyway, need not worry about the white card.

If they ask for documents, go to the automatic queue machine and tell the person your white card is different. They will issue a new Queue No.

From what I know, ,online application requires NO documents. Because, in theory, you are vouching for him and also swear this and that and promise to go to jail if you or he is caught lying :D I am sure you know that as a SGn.

marie_katie

Postby marie_katie » Thu, 06 Jul 2017 3:44 pm

At 30 and still in school ? I don't know how the western world works :(

Anyway, need not worry about the white card.

If they ask for documents, go to the automatic queue machine and tell the person your white card is different. They will issue a new Queue No.

From what I know, ,online application requires NO documents. Because, in theory, you are vouching for him and also swear this and that and promise to go to jail if you or he is caught lying :D I am sure you know that as a SGn.

Yes you can go back to school anytime, some people stop school because they don't have money and go to work. And they can return back to school at any age and still keep their previous grades if it's within 2 years. It's just so different. One of his classmate have a degree in chemistry and couldn't find job and went back to school as a computer programmer.

Thank you so much for the help! Hoping everything goes well and get approved!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 06 Jul 2017 8:20 pm

marie_katie wrote:Thank you so much for the help! Hoping everything goes well and get approved!

should be smooth sailing.

Good luck

ylhl

Postby ylhl » Sun, 07 Jan 2018 4:11 pm

hi, may i know did u got approve the LTVP? coz i also dont do the pre assessment things, and already 8weeks and receiving attention? is it need to wait for 6 months? while waiting do u go overseas or just stay in singapore? coz i thinking go to batam, dont know will be affect of the process/approval or not, sorry too many question, thanks bfore

Chaorenz

Postby Chaorenz » Sun, 07 Jan 2018 5:03 pm

We did pre assessment and it actually helps u to fasten up the process.

Total time taken for my wife Ltvp is about 1 month plus. Apply in 27 nov and got the card on 4 Jan.

Provided all your medical is cleared.

marie_katie

Postby marie_katie » Mon, 08 Jan 2018 2:11 pm

ylhl wrote:hi, may i know did u got approve the LTVP? coz i also dont do the pre assessment things, and already 8weeks and receiving attention? is it need to wait for 6 months? while waiting do u go overseas or just stay in singapore? coz i thinking go to batam, dont know will be affect of the process/approval or not, sorry too many question, thanks bfore

Sadly it's been 17 weeks for me and still receiving attention.. I emailed ICA and they said it takes up to 6 months so i guess the only thing you can do is wait.

And we both left Singapore since sept so i am not sure if that affects the process. I did call ICA and they said it was ok to leave country but both is needed to be in singapore for formalities. I've heard people saying that leaving the country will affect it to be longer but we didn't have a choice, we needed to go back. Will update if i do get my ltvp approved. Hopefully soon, good luck to you too!

ylhl

Postby ylhl » Tue, 09 Jan 2018 10:14 am

Chaorenz wrote:We did pre assessment and it actually helps u to fasten up the process.

Total time taken for my wife Ltvp is about 1 month plus. Apply in 27 nov and got the card on 4 Jan.

Provided all your medical is cleared.

Thanks for ur reply, sadly i dont apply pre assesment before, now i think I only can wait

ylhl

Postby ylhl » Tue, 09 Jan 2018 10:17 am

marie_katie wrote:
Sadly it's been 17 weeks for me and still receiving attention.. I emailed ICA and they said it takes up to 6 months so i guess the only thing you can do is wait.

And we both left Singapore since sept so i am not sure if that affects the process. I did call ICA and they said it was ok to leave country but both is needed to be in singapore for formalities. I've heard people saying that leaving the country will affect it to be longer but we didn't have a choice, we needed to go back. Will update if i do get my ltvp approved. Hopefully soon, good luck to you too!

Thanks for your information, now i think what i can do only waiting too. Hope the LTVP quickly approved. Good luck too :D

marie_katie

Postby marie_katie » Tue, 09 Jan 2018 8:47 pm

ylhl wrote:
marie_katie wrote:

Thanks for your information, now i think what i can do only waiting too. Hope the LTVP quickly approved. Good luck too :D

Have some good news today, ltvp was approved! Good luck to you, i'm sure it will be approved soon.